Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:17 pm
Remember Me Gold
The dragon glared down at Arcadin, wings held open for a moment longer. It almost mirrored what had happened earlier--a dragon standing upon its victim--but in this case the gold had no intention of killing. She was no monster, after all, and she would not allow any more of that on her Sands.

Slowly, and with some resignation, the gold finally removed herself from the Candidate. Her tail flicked lightly behind her, and her red eyes slowly began to change back to their previous blue. But it was not nearly as bright, and the red still flecked within them.

She considered giving the boy a response but... No. She had nothing more to say to him. A bared fang in warning, and the gold would waste no more time on him. If he didn't steel his thoughts...well...next time, she would not be so kind or forgiving. She would remember him.

As she passed Zyanzi, the gold paused to give a small boop against the other. She had no words for him, but he certainly meant well. Giving a little shake, like a Lady who needed to freshen up or pat down a few wrinkles in her skirt, the queen once again turned to the Candidates.

So far, everything had been restored.

To Death Eater Green, the gold ambled up and gave the green a happy nuzzle. Don't cause too much trouble now, or break too many hearts while you find Yours. A little croon of encouragement, and she was gone.

Trotting happily past her father, she twined between his legs before he settled down next to Baby Mine, and gave him a loving nuzzle. Then she booped the little egg, certain that Krahsujunth would be able to help. It's safe to come out now. She encouraged the eggs that had not yet moved or hatched. Safe because all was now right with the world, wasn't it? Trotting back to her mother, she gave a croon at Poor Unfortunate Souls Egg, and then settled herself next to Fianth so she might gaze out at the white robes.

But this time, her gaze looked over the Candidates a bit more critically.... Was Hers among them?

Looking to Uncle Rixth, the gold finally gave the bronze a happy little croon hello. She had the perfect family...but something was missing.

- - - -
Brown & Purple Scribble Brown
While everyone's attention had been focused on the gold and the boy, the brown dragon who had initially disturbed the Red & White Bronze Egg continued to move among the Candidates. This was his first great adventure and yet... He had some trepidation. This was his first time being out on his own, and out of his egg, and all so alone. While part of him wanted to run back to his parents and hide under their wing, another part of him knew he should go.

The world seemed awfully big.

Even the bronze from the Bright Red Egg seemed overwhelmed by the world. He gave a friendly and affection chirrup as he passed, but... Still couldn't help but feel a little bit exposed. Maybe. Maybe someone out there would want to go on this adventure with him?

But.... what if he wasn't the right color? He certainly didn't steal the show like some of the others, and he... He was terribly new. But the world was a good place, wasn't it? And they were to do good, weren't they? All he needed was a little help, a little...support.

He had a dream, after all... And who better to share that dream with than with that Candidate right over there.

HelakuMine... I daydreamed in my egg about this moment and now...it's finally here. Am I... Am I everything you hoped I might be? If not... Could I be your new dream? We can conquer anything together, you and I. Your Petrosinth will make sure that everyday is your best day ever.

And oh, how those rainbow eyes looked up at the boy, entreatingly. He was trying to be so brave and yet, everything in the world was just so new.

User Image

Excited Apathy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:29 pm
Siv

The baby gold was eying them all. Siv felt slightly uncomfortable this time -- the baby was fine, actually. She was rather impressive and the baby seemed to know where she belonged and how she deserved to be handled, but Siv was... Just tired and anxious after the morning of any dragonets whom might be upset looking at her or. Screwing up really. Or falling a sixth or seventh or whatever time. She was tired, hungry, and quite shy of the mothers as well, and just... Very close to a nap at this....

OH!

A PLAN WAS MADE and Siv adjusted, letting her eyes close slowly. Maybe she'd try dozing off standing up? That now.

THERE was a (terrible, awful, stupid) plan!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Alas. Hearts, once stolen, could not be returned. They were not some cheap item at a trader's stall! Remember Me might not have been moved by Death Eater but the green was... smitten. Terribly so. Yet her hearts were not returned.

Padding past the beautiful Gold, Death Eater found her eyes caught by the sight of something rather interesting - White & Red bronzes. What were those two brothers up to? The green, sensing a disturbance in the force, stalked right by the larger of the two, tossing her head in a truly disdainful manner as she slipped past.

As she had all but passed him, she cast a glance over her shoulder. As though he was worthy of such attentions. Pah! The green began to investigate the Candidates, pondering whom among them might of interest. What a dreadful selection. How was she supposed to choose?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:40 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

She gave a little sigh of relief as the gold moved off the boy. The gold was so regal, shaking off her anger and letting it roll from her shoulders. She was so sweet with the Death Eater green, nuzzling her. Remember Me went to sit with the adults and Nala turned her attention to the others for a moment. A beautiful brown with suns on his wings soon found his rider. Her eyes tracked the Death Eater green as she began to make her way among the candidates.  

magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:44 pm
Fahn

A brown was on the move again, and Fahn cooed sweetly towards him as he passed by to head into the boys. For all the browns that had looked at girls that day, he clearly was more interested in somebody else. Still, it was nice to see dragons finding the ones they wanted - needed, perhaps.

There were still so many on the sands, and it seemed the roaming queen had gone to settle with her family - and a pink egg that looked as though it was trying, but was not having much success. She'd attempt to nudge them on with a mental surge of support anyways. Not just to it, but to all of the eggs unhatched and the dragons that were still scoping out the candidates.

May the search for yours be easy!

The red eyed green was now beginning to prowl through everybody, and Fahn watched her with interest. Who were you going to pick, pretty lady?

----

Kinyegele

The queen had backed off, much to her restraint and strength of character, and Kinye sighed with relief. She wasn't sure she could have handled another bout of carnage and instead continued to push out her mental support. Surely, even her little boost was helping.

Kinye sent an extra sweet thought after Death Eater who was drawing closer. Not in an attempt to seduce or sway, just because...well...didn't she deserve some nice thoughts after hatching to such bad ones?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 pm
Theo
Yes, it was becoming just about the perfect day. Rose-colored glasses did wonders for blending the bloodstains on the sands in below all the rest of the happiness. The number of hatchlings were slowly dwindling, and the number of happy faces were growing. The gold had moved on from her...posturing...and was circling her parents and the other eggs now, the picture of a happy family. Even the bronze sire seemed to be included in her love, a kind gesture indeed. The little blue riding about had found a match, and the brown that'd set the eggs toppling too.

Now here came the little green, crooning after her golden cousin before pausing to give what must be a reassuring nudge to the larger of the twin bronzes before making her way to the crowd, in apparently a much better mood than the one she'd hatched with. Wasn't that other bronze from much earlier still looking about too? Theo paused a moment to try to spot him in the throng. Maybe he'd already impressed, and he'd simply missed it? It seemed terribly long ago that he'd hatched out. There'd been a brown looking too, though more recently hatched. Ah...there! Yes, still looking, then.

Several blues—Ravenclaw, You've Got a Friend, Yellow-Pink, and Expecto—were still about. EP playing with his own father, which was still a giddy thrill to watch. Just like human children, really, the more and more he looked on. All so charming and amusing, so utterly perfect and wondrous to watch. And even a few eggs left! What might they hold in store? He sighed, setting aside his portable desk (he'd long run out of parchment to work upon by now) and leaning forward in his seat for a better view.

"You know...I used to beg my parents to let me be a candidate," He confided, voice distant with the soft mostly-healed wounds of childhood. "They of course had no say in it...but I begged all the same. What a wondrous thing it must be, for them down there. Such vibrant, glittering hope. That slight racing of the heart—will this be the one? Or this? Or yet this one? To see your potential future in so many bright and glowing eyes, if only they would see it back in you..."
Meepfur

ShinosBee

Nerd

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:28 pm
arcadin

When Remember Me let off, Arc didn’t immediately sit up. He let her have the space so he could breathe again. Only after the red eyed green had begun to stalk through the candidates did he sit up with a grimace. Nothing deadly, but enough to leave a mark—he liked it.

He took a deep breath and sighed through his nose, for the moment staying seated on the sand. On the ground where he belonged and all. At least it offered a unique view as the brown impressed; Arc was so used to being above people’s heads. The sand burned against a cut in his arm, and he flexed the muscles in it experimentally. A healer would be by, eventually. Probably. Maybe not, given his offense and the non-severity of his condition.

It was all going to be...interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:29 am
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

When the young man didn’t stand after Remember Me left, Ruunan grew more worried about his fate. He glanced at Meztli and Rykin, swallowed a little, then nodded towards the two. “I’ll be back…” And with a murmur, he was gone, moving towards Arcadin.

He hadn’t noticed, fearful as he had been at the time, his fellow candidate’s scorn for his childish ways. Even if he had, Ruunan would probably have tried to help. Somehow the situation didn’t seem like it was about to get worse anytime soon- the dragonets all appeared pacified by the presence of the queen hatchling and the clutchparents.

“Hey, are you able to Stand? Come on, it’s dangerous down there. Take my hand.” Gentle words were accompanied by an outstretched hand. Oh, there was blood all right- but Arcadin seemed to have his wits about him. Maybe he just needed to lean on someone until he found his feet? And some bandages... Well, Ruunan could tear parts of his robe, he supposed. They were in a sorry enough state already, given his previous attempts to help Meztli.

medigel
arcadin; the irony of the situation was too amusing to pass up. heart

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:01 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Zamistia could sense Nanuth's unease at having so many more of his family starting to file in, but thankfully seemed focused on the sands and his sister for now. Her own attention was darting between feeding her brown baby, keeping tabs on things, and talking to Amila. So it was that she noticed Shar being dragged off by one of the healers and her eyes widened. She didn't like the thought that Nala was all by herself and would her friends and sister still be able to impress over there? She bit her bottom lip in worry and Nanuth looked around cautiously again, before placing his front feet on his rider's lap. Then he gently nuzzled her cheek, filling her with all the love he could.

I will keep an eye on your friend, Nala, please do not worry. As for Tizzy, Riz, and Shar, they can definitely still impress. You know one of my green cousins found her's over there. And if you had been hurt, I would have marched my way over to you in a heartbeat. We always know who we want and will find our way to them,the brown soothed. Once he was sure she was calmer, he got back to the floor, before anyone but his sister or their riders saw him like that.

You are so amazing to...me, Nanuth,she told him, bending down to hug him tightly. How in the world had she gotten so lucky to get such a wonderful dragon? She then remembered they had company, so she released her hold on him, so not as to embarrass him. Just like he knew all there was about her, she knew the same about him. While it was still a lot to get used to, it was comforting at the same time. Her eyes looked back to the sands a moment, noticing that Rhianth was not happy about something. Neither was the green that hatched out and seemed to have red eyes. Had someone thought wrong again, since she or Nanuth had not seen anyone error physically. Thankfully, before she could worry too much, Amila's voice broike into her thoughts.

"It is nice...to meet Matoath...too. She was sweet...to me during...the touching. And I am..not sure, there...is a lot..of us. They may decide...based on random..chance,"she responded. That was a good question, how would they be grouped for lessons and sleeping? She honestly didn't know much about this, except what she had heard others tell her.

Oh, just keeping an eye on things for Mine, even though she is watching too. I am also trying to keep an eye on her friends and family, giving them information when I can. Mine is worried about them. And yes, seems sister had to teach someone not to do something bad,Nanuth thought to Matoath, then cheered his golden sister. Sensing his rider's worries again, he nuzzled her hand discreetly. Then he sent some encouraging thoughts to Tizzy, Riz, and Nala and a sense of respect to Shar. Like his sister, he believed in kindness, that is why His was such a shining example of it. She was his guiding star and he would always defend her right to be soft and full of love. He felt a pang of worry from Zamistia again and looked to see one of his siblings were having trouble coming out of their egg. It was another one that had been so kind to his rider, so he sent his own encouragements to Baby Mine. He could see his mother was getting worried too, hopefully he could show her his was perfect for him, after the rest of his family hatched.

Seems two more of your...brothers impressed, Nanuth,Misty commented, seeing the blue that had been on his father's head and a brown both impressed. A smile came to her lips, that seemed to make the nervous red head a bit better.

Thaliawen

Hattaki

NovaCracker

SilverLutz

magnadearel

Demanthra and Monath

Demanthra was surprised when Rhiyn let go of his hand, then heard what he asked. A soft smile played on her lips, it seemed the small bit of comfort had been just what he needed. She gave him a bright nod of encouragement, glad to see he was feeling better. Was it possible her influence was helping him out more than she realized?

"I am very proud of you for trying, Rhiyn, and I know you will impress. Whether that is today or another hatching, I have faith in you. If you feel overwhelmed, I am here for you,"she told him gently.

Yeah, I am too. You and I may not always agree, but Mine loves you. So if you need me, just think my way,Monath thought to him.

Quote:
Any of Tarot clutch, still feel free to reach out to Monath <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:29 am
Helaku: Impression

The brown in the speckled aquamarine shell was extricated quickly, and after weaving through some of the Candidates he seemed to find His without issue. He looked over and grinned at Dhawsn--if it was tinged with pain, well, he was being stubborn about waiting to get that clawing looked at. "It really is. They're all so different from each other, and so many in this bunch look like they have strong personalities. Getting them to work together will be a feat!"

Oh. Oh dear. He watched the red-eyed green dragonet emerge from her shell with trepidation, her ire already drawn by...someone. But it was not the green that surged toward one of the Candidates, but the gold! Helaku's blood ran to ice for the briefest moment before he realized...she wasn't really hurting the boy, not really. Instead Remember Me seemed to be exercising incredible restraint, and he could only agree with those words she spoke to all. No complaint here, not from him. Her eyes were likely not upon him, but he inclined his head in a respectful nod anyway. "Speaking of a strong personality," he commented quietly. "Though I think she's right."

Then it appeared little blue riding on the larger scarred one made his choice, but Helaku found he was no longer paying attention to that at all.

A soft, almost pleading voice had entered his mind.

HelakuMine... I daydreamed in my egg about this moment and now...it's finally here. Am I... Am I everything you hoped I might be? If not... Could I be your new dream? We can conquer anything together, you and I. Your Petrosinth will make sure that everyday is your best day ever.

Helaku could feel the hope in that voice, and the worry, as though it were his own. He turned to meet the eyes of the brown whose egg had cracked the shell of the twins (and been snapped at for it) in the midst of several dragonets hatching nearly at once, and he was caught by the rainbows swirling within. But Petrosinth was nameless in his mind no more as the world seemed to fall away around them, and he never would be again. They knew each other in that indescribable moment, and knew each other their match. Lost in that rainbow regard, the young man knelt to throw his arms around the hatchling brown.

"You're...not just everything I hoped for," he choked out, past the lump that had suddenly arisen in his throat, "...You're more." He wanted to wrap up the brown in warmth and assurances that he was wonderful and brave and perfect because Petrosinth was that and more, no matter what his color was, and so he did. And he would do so as long as and as often as he needed to, because he would do anything for his Petrosinth.

medigel
a response before Things Happened

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:05 am
Things were happening and one particular blue found himself suddenly steaming with a bit of jealousy. His golden sister, the twin bronzes, and those show-stealers stuck in eggs!

But what about him!?

The baby blue dragon ran up to a few Candidates in robes, reaching up to try to draw their eye. And yet... No matter what he did, all he seemed to get was a passing glance. It was hard to be the center of attention when metallics were on the Sands, and this blue couldn't help but feel just a bit cheated.

Even his blue brother got more adoration and attention by sitting on their father's head! The salt was real with this little dragon, and yet... He knew how to fix it. That emptiness in his heart would be soothed as soon as he found His.

Thankfully, His wasn't very hard to find. Turning around, the blue dragon made his way over to where a large, intimidating looking man stood. He sat back on his hind legs, and stretched up, so he might put his nose tenderly, gently, affectionately against the others face. His eyes whirled a bright rainbow, and the match was made.

You'll always have a friend in me, LiulfrMine. The blue dragon crooned, leaning in so the larger man might wrap his arms around him and hold him close. Any jealousy the blue had felt was immediately assuaged as he poured love, adoration, and devotion into the one on the Sands that could have only ever been His. You're Mine now, and nothing will ever come between us. I hope you love your Vaqueroth as much as I love you.

User Image

Daffupanda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:07 am
Korbet

"I did!" He brought his foot up onto his seat and curled forward around his knee, forcing the firelizard in his lap to wriggle onto the bench beside him. "It was one of my earlier works, rewritten a little at our sponsor's request. The feline was given a much larger role, for one thing. I'll have to tell him you found it intriguing!"

Thankfully, Korbet was turned away from the action with Remember Me or he might have gone panicky again.

"As far as inspiration... I find I tend to write a lot of pirates? I was trying to get away from that, but the coin... well... you know." He glanced around for a moment, as if there was someone nearby who might care that he was spoiling his own play, but no, there was only Theo, waxing poetic about his childhood wish to be a candidate. He didn't feel quite snarky enough at this point to tell him it grew tiresome after fourteen attempts, mostly because he knew he had plenty of silly dreams of his own.

"It's popular enough for me," he continued with a nod. "I get by." Korbet was silent for an awkward half a minute or so before he added, "So, what brings you here? Besides the obvious." Twins at a hatching. It sounded like the start of a passable tale. Because they were twins, right? Siblings at least? He wasn't going to embarrass himself by asking.

medigel
:B

Smerdle

Scamp

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:36 am
Veltanna was learning that it was a good thing dragons could talk and eat at the same time. She feared had that not been the case, Moirath would never have gotten any food down. Or worse, choked. The little green was commenting on everything and nothing at the same time. She wasn’t finishing sentences or starting them in the middle.

..really needs to be more…but what about…good job there… Images were accompanying all this chatter and Veltanna was able to follow most of it because of those images. She just let her dragon chatter and enjoy life. She content to listen to the soothing flow of the words and images as she cut up meat.

Still, sometimes her mind would wander back to that little egg. She hoped they had hatched and was on their way to finding their’s. But she didn’t know, and that was troubling her, Moirath, without consulting Veltanna, reached out to Fianth. Momma. Mine feels ever so remorseful for her actions and wishes desperately that my sibling is still well. Please let my sibling know too. They should feel safe coming into this world and Mine fears they no longer do. You will keep them safe though. I know that. There. Problem solved. At least to baby dragon’s understanding. To Veltanna, Moirath said Momma will keep them safe. It will be well.

Veltanna was startled by this complete sentence. She was thankfully not cutting anything at the moment. Smiling, she told Moirath “thank you. And I am starting to itch. Let’s get you over to the oiling area.” Obligingly, because Moirath was indeed starting to itch something fierce, she trotted over towards the others that were done eating. Helloooo! She trilled to them all. You all found such lovely ones! ’Tis wonderful!

Uta
Moirath had to interfere. Talking to Fianth

Quote:
Talking to all the dragons being oiled

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:44 am
Finnisa
She clapped for the little blue happy to see that though he'd been a bit overlooked (she admitted to even not really noticing him herself) he'd found the right one. That was good. There'd been enough loss and trouble today, and now he'd be loved and cared for, and care for his person in turn. The numbers were slowly swindling, and though her sense of worry, of guilt, hadn't slackened, she had slowly come to terms with the fact that the egg was...probably okay. Fianth would surely be more upset if there was something amiss.

That didn't forgive her actions, however, and she remained hung back in the crowd, watching from a distance. Her leg hurt, she was tired, she was hungry. Part of her wished it'd been a dream, all of it, so that it might go better when it happened for real. It wasn't, though, and she'd just have to deal with the fall out later.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games