Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

Kire Kaysan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:27 pm
It's a great combination of teal and maroon. Great use of the clutch items.
I feel like you need something on your face,maybe a tattoo or different eyes. Other than that great job.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm
The only thing I question is the hairstyle. It seems awfully flyaway for the rest of the avatar. It doesn't look bad, though, just a tad out-of-place. otherwise, you are the picture of class and taste. biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

pickle relish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:52 pm
You're all glitter and stardust! The eyes don't really seem to blend, but other than that it's great!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:30 am
Thanks. I wanted to look kind of like a "creature of the night," but not a vampire.

I like your theme, but I think the boots could be more cohesive. Other than those (which aren't really your fault,) I think you've got a super cute outfit. biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

pickle relish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:50 am
You know, now that I think of it, the eyes could be like creepy eyes peering out at you in the darkness. You know, in movies when you just see eyes looking at you from the bushes or something...?

Anyways, I still think it's pretty awesome. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:56 am
It's all Renaissance steam punk goodness. The colors come together well and it's more character like. Get rid of the hat though.  

Phaeton

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 am
Very Gothic Lolita, but is the cane necessary? Perhaps some sort of plush or the like would work better?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:11 am
You took my suggestion! I'm honored, I love the overall look of this right now, the strap of your sword sets everything off nicely, and the Red Plus on your forehead is a nice contrast, I'm not sure I would change anything from this avatar.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:58 pm
Creepy, but fabulous. I like the contrast between the red details and the yellow eyes, it lends the face more weight... I also like the use of the Fremere hair. biggrin

The only thing I can see that isn't awesome is the devil wings around the ankle - they're too simple-looking for my taste. I'd have liked to see some industrial-looking boots or an interesting, creepy backdrop item there instead.

pickle relish
You know, now that I think of it, the eyes could be like creepy eyes peering out at you in the darkness. You know, in movies when you just see eyes looking at you from the bushes or something...?

Anyways, I still think it's pretty awesome. icon_mrgreen.gif

Why thank you. That was kind of what I wanted, like when you're looking around the darkness and see an animal's glowing eyes and it just reminds you that you can't see at all, and that you're in terrible danger. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:13 am
Steph: She is a living constellation. biggrin

Mystic. I love it. :3 I like how you sort of blend a bit with the background but stick out enough to be a definite figure.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:09 am
Thanks. whee

For yours, I like your overall look. The black makes the colors pop, and the green/red combo is both classic and tastefully done. I love the textured look that your items give your body. The only thing I don't adore are the squiggly lines above your head - I think it's the wrong shade of green, but then again, it helps bring the focus in a neat circle around your avi. Good work. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:22 am
I love the Night time feel i get with your avi. its lovely  

NativeBlueXV

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:02 pm
It's a set. Of course it matches and goes well together. Zero points for creativity, though.

I would try to achieve the same look with pieces from different sets.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 pm
Taeryyn
It's a set. Of course it matches and goes well together. Zero points for creativity, though.

I would try to achieve the same look with pieces from different sets.

-smirks- here. better? this is my normal avi.  

NativeBlueXV

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:15 pm
@ Tae - I love your current avatar. It has a nice flow and good color balance~

@ organization_13_gurl - Makes for a nice "character avatar" although some of the clothing elements seem out of place. Like that hat....it doesn't really go with the rest.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games