Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
Wellwisher's Quest Thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 153 154 155 156 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

people counter
  +1
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 pm
I am, I got a $25 gift card for the last of my christmas money that was to be spent on something fun.

I've got a quite possible job opportunity coming up, Things look like they're turning up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 pm
wellwisher
I am, I got a $25 gift card for the last of my christmas money that was to be spent on something fun.

I've got a quite possible job opportunity coming up, Things look like they're turning up.

Yay! one of the one's you mentioned or a new one?  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 pm
well, if I work doing the teaching, that would be starting in august. I have hopes, to be working at Gamecrazy, or Hollywood Video.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:46 pm
Awesome! What's the benefits there?  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:48 pm
hot4urshoelaces
Mostly the same if I work full time, which, I don't plan to (otherwise that would be awkward in august saying that I am switching to a different full time job) Nope, I'm going part time and then in august probably cut back my hours.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
wellwisher
hot4urshoelaces
Mostly the same if I work full time, which, I don't plan to (otherwise that would be awkward in august saying that I am switching to a different full time job) Nope, I'm going part time and then in august probably cut back my hours.

Makes sense! Hehe! Sounds like it'll be interesting to work at too. Hehe!  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:56 pm
I was considering two part times jobs, one at Hollywood Videos and one at Gamecrazy, but the problem there would be that I'd be working for the same company twice, for a total of full time, in the same building, without getting full time benefits.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:58 pm
wellwisher
I was considering two part times jobs, one at Hollywood Videos and one at Gamecrazy, but the problem there would be that I'd be working for the same company twice, for a total of full time, in the same building, without getting full time benefits.

In theory, the idea is cool. Getting to work at two cool places, but the benefit part definately throws that off.  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:07 pm
Yeah, but that's what my August job would be, full time, helping kids learn to read, and work at Game crazy in the evenings/weekends. It'd be like a dream come true, I'd be paid well, not very good wages for the full time, but I'd get full benefits, and then I could work part time for somethign I liked doing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:11 pm
wellwisher
Yeah, but that's what my August job would be, full time, helping kids learn to read, and work at Game crazy in the evenings/weekends. It'd be like a dream come true, I'd be paid well, not very good wages for the full time, but I'd get full benefits, and then I could work part time for somethign I liked doing.

But are you sure you want to work that many hours? Benefits are always nice!  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:18 pm
Work 40 hours and then an extra...probably 15? Well, it'd be a lot of work, but it would be things that I want to do, plus they'd both pay.
the 40 hour one would only be 850 a month, with an extra 5000 for college after the school year finishes.
And the Gamecrazy/Hollywood Video would be soemthing like 6.50-7.00 an hour, so, it would add up. I'm going to save more of my money than spend.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:31 pm
wellwisher
Work 40 hours and then an extra...probably 15? Well, it'd be a lot of work, but it would be things that I want to do, plus they'd both pay.
the 40 hour one would only be 850 a month, with an extra 5000 for college after the school year finishes.
And the Gamecrazy/Hollywood Video would be soemthing like 6.50-7.00 an hour, so, it would add up. I'm going to save more of my money than spend.

That would work then, just don't burn yourself out, ya know? So how does that work them giving you money toward college? Is it soem "incentive" program type thingy?  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:37 pm
hot4urshoelaces
That would work then, just don't burn yourself out, ya know? So how does that work them giving you money toward college? Is it some "incentive" program type thingy?
Not exactly. it's a program that's aimed towards people who are either looking for a full time or part time job. and the money is money that the company will pay from a college bill. the idea is that I go back to college, or if it's part tie that it helps pay the college bills that I'd accumulate.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 pm
wellwisher
hot4urshoelaces
That would work then, just don't burn yourself out, ya know? So how does that work them giving you money toward college? Is it some "incentive" program type thingy?
Not exactly. it's a program that's aimed towards people who are either looking for a full time or part time job. and the money is money that the company will pay from a college bill. the idea is that I go back to college, or if it's part tie that it helps pay the college bills that I'd accumulate.

Sounds good! Is it only a college within the state thing or what?  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:42 pm
heart This should put you on top of page 100! (Your post that is)  
"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 153 154 155 156 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games