Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:51 pm
SOUI and WHITE MUSETH

Soui moved as she was called over, shifting Museth in her arms as she walked. The dragonet felt both heavy and light with sleep and fullness, and the itch she knew the little white was starting to get also tickled at her back. This moment would be briefly social before she went on to properly tend to hers. "I'm Soui, and this is Museth." The teen was aware she'd introduced herself loudly when she first arrived, but that was neither here nor there. Museth was laughing softly at her thoughts. "It's nice to meet you, and I'll greet you again when you have your proper name set."

Museth chided a bit at the rude remark, though she wholly understood. Her itches were now Soui's itches and while the dragonet had the self-control to be patient, Soui might not have had the strength just yet. It would be something they could work on together, since they had all the rest of their lives to do so. "Also you didn't properly introduce your dragon, just yourself."

magnadearel
oops

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:53 pm
Halvor

He had told himself he wasn't going to look at the bronzes' anymore. However, when the larger of the two impressed he couldn't help himself. Halvor's eyes tracked back over to the smaller bronze as if he had no will of his own. There were other dragonets he'd like to meet, but the bronze was just so. . . interesting.

Andranis

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:53 pm

The smaller of the two bronzes gave a pained, pitiful creel upon being revealed to the world. He stumbled, barely righting himself in time to avoid crashing upon the sands. Staring after his brother, he gave a wail - for where was his? He... he...

MY RADISH! Where are you? the little Red and White bronze called out. Radish, I can't find you and he's angry. and had left the bronze quite alone. Rizdax, please... please, I just want to see what's out there. I want to go together. Please, where are you? Your Bossuth needs you! Fresh ichor dripped down the baby's side and he keened painfully, wanting to go running to... to wherever His had gone!

And yet... not able to tell where that was!

Radish?

User Image

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:54 pm
Zyanzi

Everything was happening all so quick. The gold touched him and moved on. And more impressions. And then the grumpy candidate impressed. Zyanzi let out a soft breath and breathed in another, taking in a dusty lungful from his location on the sandy ground. Should he stand up? His bottom was getting rather warm... Yet, the scorching heat was a bit of soothing balm to his wondering, wandering mind.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:56 pm
Tarnaria

Tarnaria nodded, humming. "He does... But I'm sure His will help him find it, much like the dragon of the one small Candidate helped him find his own strength." That was what it was about, wasn't it? Finding the dragon that would help you find your strength, but also the dragon finding the person that would help them find their strength. It made her wonder, what would she help a dragon with and what would a dragon help her with? What about herself was she unaware she was missing out on? Was it her usually-errant focus?

She hummed again, watching and smiling as several babies Impressed. They were all gorgeous, every last one of them! A glance told her, too, that Fianth was trying to help the one baby dragon to get out. Her attention, though, was caught by the larger of the bronze twins, gasping as he Impressed! "I think the little twin will be able to go find His now!" And then, just like that, the other bronze did, too! It was so wonderful!

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:59 pm
Kahbrohm

Oh. So it was his brother who had walked off with the once object of Kahbrohm's obsession. That knot of want was still in there - though it was less for the bronze to have been his and more some pent up something. The signs of carnage on the sands just deepened his frown, reminding him that he'd been fortunate that it hadn't been him the bronze had turned on.

It didn't pull that disappointment apart, however.

"Then hope that your brother is made of the warmth needed to fix that," he stated firmly, watching the twin bronzes - the larger as he picked one boy up from off the sands, practically, and the other....who seemed to be scrambling to find somebody. It wadn't him, however, so he made no motion towards the smaller one. "Goodness isn't a bad trait to wish for."

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:59 pm
Siv

Zzz........ Zzz...... Zzz..... Zzz......

Well, at least she wasn't snoring.

Amila and green Matoath

"Matoath protected me from another candidate." Amila admitted softly, looking... Ashamed. Of what wasn't clear, but for a moment the green moved, creeling and booping her rider lovingly, washing her in soothing, protective love, nuzzling the girl.

Amilamine, it's okay to fret but please do not let it eatyou.You are well, just as you are, Mine. Matoath nosed her softly again, closing her eyes as they whorled purple lovingly before the dragonet looked to the other girl, nuzzling her fingers reassuringly before looking to Nanuth.

I hope her companions will be alright, brother. I know things will be as meant, but I also know they too will find their joy. Yours will not be left wanting, never again.

Matoath knew her brother would ensure His was safe, loved, cared for -- she believed in him -- after all, it was who the pair were! The green then settled to lean, creeling softly to encourage both. Mother and Aunt Rhianth had seemed upset, as did some others -- what was going on out there? But she looked as Amila began to finish her oiling, cheeping softly.

Surely her parents, aunt, and uncles would ensure things were okay... Right?

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:04 pm
Weyrling Makimton and Green Zygmuth

He was interested to see a white up close. They were usually pretty rare around High Reaches from what he’d seen, though he thought he spotted several of the striking white hides driving about, but it was hard to tell among the white candidate robes. “A pleasure to meet you both.” He grinned, “I’ll hold you to that then.” He needed time to think how best to shorten it.

Makim gestured toward the oils and rags laid about when he spotted girl and dragon seeming to twitch in unison. Weird he’d never seen that before. “Go ahead and rub her down, make sure you get plenty of oil on the itchiest parts.” He flushed as she pointed out he’d yet to introduce his dragon! “Ah sorry! I’m not use to this. Zygmuth is my green.” He lightly touched the sleeping green’s wings.

houllow

magnadearel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:08 pm
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

Well....that was surprising. The sight of the larger bronze impressing to the boy the little queen had reprimanded had Lucius raising an eyebrow. He was sure that taste didn't amount to anything when it came for the babies to pick and there was probably a reason why that hatchling had wanted that young man, he still couldn't help but feel a little disheartened. Would he be left standing on the sands again? He hadn't stood too many times but...he couldn't help but feel sadness and disappointment enter him at the thought of being alone while so many had been able to find theirs.

Maybe that rider who had searched him had been wrong. His father may have been a dragonrider but that didn't mean he was meant to be one right? He knew going to meet the man had saved his life, otherwise he would have died when Thread had returned, died like his aunt and uncle.

Just...maybe his thoughts and his dreams were foolish. He was just a farm boy...after all.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm

The golden dragon let her eyes drift over the Candidates. She watched as her mother finally opened the egg closest to her, and in her excitement, stood so she might give a happy and encouraging croon to both. There was nothing to worry about now... The little ones within were now free, and with a certain bronze having Impresesed....

Perhaps it was finally time?

Giving her beloved mother one last fond nuzzle, the little gold walked over to the Poor Unfortunate Souls egg and gave it also a loving little boop. Then, she began to weave her way among the Candidates.

Oh, there were so many out there... so many heavy hearts, so many little ones that wanted nothing more than for her to be Theirs. Part of the gold wished she could give them all what they desired, but.... She couldn't. She sent out a wave of encouragement to a few of them. Sweet and precious Kinyegele. The little gold moved over to give the little one a tender little nuzzle. Chin up... If not in this clutch, than someday, she was sure.

And what of the darling Nalacko? The gold made sure to brush fondly against her as well, offering her an affectionate nuzzle as well. Good things sometimes took time... .

And what of the pain from Finnisa? Oh.... She... She offered a wave of support, wanting the girl to be genuinely happy. Surely, there was hope for all of them. Such good hearts, such sweet hearts, and yet.... none were quite what she needed.

Picking her way gently through the Sands, she stopped to give both Vaali and Lusialu a little nuzzle. Such good ones, such good girls.... And yet. They weren't the ones she needed. No, it was their partner, Nyaranau that the gold looked up to, ever so lovingly. Gently, tenderly, she pressed herself against the girl, letting her love, her affection, her fondness rush through their link.

This was her missing piece. This was the one she wanted. So caring, so loving, so fierce... Never again would she need to try to seek attention because this gold would bring her the world. NyaranauMine... Most beloved, most precious. Your Mictecath is wondering if you might like to watch the rest of my clutchmates hatch safetly together? I tried to wait and yet... Your heart sang to me, and it was a song I could no longer resist.

User Image

Sweet Symmetry

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Mama... the Poor Unfortunate Souls baby said, cocking her head to peer up at her mother. I don't feel so good...

And it was true. The baby had not expected things to happen so quickly or so violently. Not had the baby anticipated that the force of the impact would jostle her so roughly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Nimueh and Mharlith.

Nimueh gave Shar a long hard look and then she slowly inclined her head. "I'm sorry, you are quite right. I do not know you enough to make an accurate judge of your mental state but I am speaking as the voice of experience and care. Not to hurt you." Her eyes flicked back out to the sands and the rows of waiting candidates. "We have already seen what damage a stray thought, even a wrong look might have done and the harsh language is a tool to shake you out of your own head, even if I am letting myself get more involved than I should." She looked down at Rizdax again berating herself for letting her professional mask sleep and her care for the boy deepen but not regretting it.

"Will you accept my apology? Though I press again, do not dismiss my words out of hand just because you don't like the tone."

As she spoke to Shar outloud she was also seeking the advice of her beloved. It had taken many years to perfect the art of the duel conversation without getting drawn in by either. However she had been a rider for over two decades and now it was almost natural.

Mharlith, how is our boy doing?

The Brown softly reached out, brushing the mind of the red head much like a baby would seeking the mind of their bonded.

Much better, much clearer, more inviting.

The dragon confirmed.

And the sands.

Calm, more impressions happening all the time...but wait....Beloved, I think we need to get your boy back onto the sands. Now.

Their was an urgency in the browns voice that Nim was unused to hearing from her life mate and it left no room for argument. When she looked over at Riz's lone eye and saw...something she recognized, she knew. She looked sharply at Shar. "I know you can't walk well my dear, but hand me those clothes behind you if you would, quickly, we need to help Riz back towards the sands.

SilverLutz

Hattaki

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 pm
Niika - EGG BETTING TRACKING

Another impression, another bet scratched off of Niika's list. Hmm. Progress was going well!

Hatching Order (tracking first 12 for a bet):
Slytherin, Once Upon A Dream, Felix Felicis, A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes, Hufflepuff, Let It Go, Crucio, Imperio, Avada Kedavra, Sectum Sempra, Dementor, GTD Who else is out and about, HELP, I needed first 12 and I'm stopping now

CURRENT OOC WINNERS:
Faesinger
NovaCracker
Houllow
Magnadearel
Tatterpixie

faesinger
-Veltanna bets that Dynzrak will impress a male from Rhianth’s clutch. - WIN
-Niika counterbets Veltanna that Dynzrak will impress one of Fianth's male children instead. - LOSS

-Ahlalei is betting twice.
First: A gold will choose a High Reaches candidate - -- (Character specified only *a* gold would hatch, 2 hatched voice)
Second: A Blue will chose someone that isn’t a candidate from either Weyr - WIN

-Niika has countered with:
First: If there is a gold, it will choose a candidate who has stood for at least 2 PC clutches (Tarot, Spooky, and Tea) - -- (Specified 'it' referring to the gold that would win Ahlalei her bet, still moot)
Second: There will not be more than 2 stands impressions. - So far there are 3. - LOSS

Lutz
-A'kir bets that someone is going to die at the hands of a dragon from the Harry Potter clutch, that there will be one gold dragon between the two clutches and it will hatch from the Disney Songs clutch, that both clutches will hatch an equal amount of browns, that the first egg from the Harry Potter clutch to hatch will be the Nimbus 2000 egg, and that the first egg from the Disney Songs clutch to hatch will be the How Far I'll Go egg. - LOSS, FIRST HP CLUTCH EGG WAS SLYTHERIN
-Niika makes no counter bet. She is too stunned by how specific this is. - Win

Princess_Feylin
-T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first 12 eggs to hatch. - LOSS
-Niika bets Toren will impress one of the Disney Clutch. - STILL WATCHING

Teiha
-Farinalgo bets he will Impress a blue. - WIN
-Niika bets Farinalgo will impress a Disney Song Blue. - WIN

-Venin bets that a dragonet will die or go between without finding its lifemate.
-Niika bets there will be at least three Stands Impressions. - there are 3 - WIN

-Emori bets that at least two candidates will be mauled to death. - 1 Dead
-Niika bets a minimum of 7 candidates will be maimed. - A minimum of 7 NON PACH CONTRIBUTION candidates have been maimed WINNING

Meep
-Syflie bets that a gold will hatch, but won't choose a High Reaches candidate. - WIN, LOSS [Double loss because more than one hatched?] (Specified 'A' gold)
-Niika is betting if a gold hatches, it will be between 40-43' as it's adult size in the profile that she can't read because she doesn't know this stuff but shhhhhhhh. AKA smaller than average. - WIN, WATCHING SECOND GOLD (waiting for profile) [Double loss because more than one hatched?] (Specified 'Your' Gold, referring to the one that would win Sylfie's bet.)

dawns_aura
-Lelte has bet that there will be 2 Golds, Fianth's clutch will be the more maim-y of the two, and that there will be more (PC) greens than blues overall - all in one - Losing - Rhianth's clutch has done more damage
-Niika makes no counter bet.

NovaCracker
-Amila is betting on Impressing a green.- WIN
-Niika is betting Amila will impress a green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-H'lare is betting a Bronze will Impress someone people assume UNLIKELY to Impress a bronze. OOCly that basically means something like a Stands Impressiuon ETC.
-Niika is betting swapped candidates from Western will impress more metallic dragons than High Reaches candidates do. - 4 metallic HR, 1 metallic Western - I am waiting until the end to figure this out because LMAO

-Aerone bets a dragonet will try to break a BROTHER from HIS shell - WIN (Imperio and Dementor)
-Niika is betting a female dragon will be assisted by a sibling in hatching. - WIN (Crucio and Sectum Sempra)

-(Aerone)that a white will hatch from either clutch. - Win
-Niika bets if there is a white, it impresses to a girl. - Win

ShinosBee
-Falienn is betting he doesn't survive the hatching - LOSS
-Niika is betting Falienn will impress a dragon that mauled another candidate! - Loss

Magnadearel
-Makimton bets he will impress a dragon from Rhianth's clutch - WIN
-Niika bets Makimton will impress from Fianth's clutch! - LOSS

Sweet Symmetry
-Nyaranau bets that there are two gold dragons, Impressing candidates from different Weyrs; the Auror egg will be the first egg to hatch overall, and the first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg; the first dragon to Impress will be Brown; and Ruunan will Impress a Green from Fianth’s clutch. - LOSS, SLYTHERIN HATCHED FIRST
-Niika has no counterbet for Nyara - just that one of those things won't have to happen for her to win. - Win

-Ruunan bets that the first egg to Impress will be a bronze from Fianth’s clutch - WIN
-Niika bets first impression goes to a Green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-there are more female dragons than male dragons across both clutches, but there will be more male weyrlingpairs - Watching until the end
-We'll have more unusual lady impressions - at least 3 on a blue or a brown - 1 ladyblue, 2 lady on a brown - WIN

-and Nyaranau will Impress a Blue from Rhianth’s clutch. - LOSS
-Nyara will impress a Green, rather than a Blue, from Rhianth's. - LOSS

ME
-Kinyegele has bet that Someday My Prince Will Come will impress to an aged out or a long-standing candidate! - LOSS

-Niika has made no counter bet. - LOSS
****Pach cannot win an egg

Tatterpixie
-Jeri bets that she will finally Impress, from Fianth's clutch. - WIN
-Niika counters that Jeri will impress from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-Willim bets the first to hatch will be a bronze from Rhianth's clutch - Winning
-Niika bets the last to hatch will be a bronze from Fianth's

Akina Tokuwa
-Ryah bets that more (PC) girls will Impress overall, and that at least two of those girls will match to an unconventional color. - 16 impressions so far, 10/6 Boys/Girls, 1 girl on a blue, 2 girls on a brown - I WILL UPDATE THIS BETTER AT THE END, SOB

-Niika bets that more than half of the PC green impressions will be to boys. 5/???? Greens on boys thus far

houllow
-Fisher has bet that any golds in the clutch(es) will not Impress to a High Reaches candidate - LOSS - Mic went to Nyara who is HR
-Niika bets that more than half of any bronzes and golds will go to Western Candidates! - Losing

-Fisher has bet brawling dragonets will result in a candidate being unable to stand any further or a dragonet going between - WIN
-Niika is betting that won't happen. - LOSS

Prism Shine
- Keris bets Phyrana will impress from Rhianth's clutch (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again)
-Niika bets Phyrana will impress a male dragon (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:22 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

She nibbled her lip, slightly worried. He seemed to be searching, but for who? She hoped the boy got to him quickly. Nala blinked a little bit surprised when Remember Me came over to her lonely island on the sands and actually brushed against her. “Thank you sweetheart,” the teen murmured for the encouragement she knew it was. She watched the gold move on.  

magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:23 pm
Kinyegele

Kinye leaned into the nuzzle from the gold, though her heart did not falter from some ungranted wish passing her by. Part of her had known the lovely gold was not for her, and instead she offered only warm affection for the support. Thank you, she beamed, watching fondly after the queen as she continued on to find the perfect girl for her.

She's perfect.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games