Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
~! Horse Back Riders !~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm here:
to talk about horses
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
to post random comments
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
I thought the topic looked cool (LOL)
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

x Robbin x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:47 am
I was just wondering if any would rode or loved horses in this guild. I own two magnificent horses and plan to show them everywhere (lol). Not that the Maritimes (Canada) is that large. Any who, I hope people will post anyway.

Yay for my first topic!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:39 pm
bump

x Robbin x

x Robbin x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 pm
Okay, we'll try this:
..............What is your favorite animal, and what kind of sport can you do with it?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:27 pm
bump  

x Robbin x

x Robbin x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:14 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:35 pm
Wow, this is amazing. No one loves horses.  

x Robbin x

Lower All the IQs

2,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:33 am
I've been horse back riding like three times in my life. It's pretty fun and horses are so smart. =3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:55 pm
*le sigh* I used to horse back ride.. but it got too expensive. :[ I miss my pony. crying

StilettoReject

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:34 am
I did horse back riding for 2 years when I was a kid, but it got too expensive. :[ I miss my horse Poco really bad. crying He was such an awesome horse, and really effing fast, too. Anyway, I was taught English style and my boyfriend laughs at me because he rides Western. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:59 am
I also used to go horse back riding
but I got really scared
I love horses but falling of every lesson isn't worth it
I had seen more hospitals in those 7 years then ever before
I wanted to pick up jumping and I always rode this horse called Princess - I did not name her - she had the tendency to stop right before jumping..

Dayum

Skeiphes

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:31 pm
Had several lessons when I was younger, rode my sister's horse a few times, and I'm looking to find a job working with them...Man, I haven't ridden in a LONG time though (few years)...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:36 pm
User Image
I have four horses myself -- A quarter horse mare named Ruby, her two colts Bandit and Dante, and my Paint/Quarter Horse gelding 2-Pak. I show them everywhere I can drive them to, though I can't say they're real good at it. Ruby's best in Western Pleasure and Judges' Command (she got 3rd one year in both of them, at our county fair); Bandit's just turning two, and Dante's a yearling, but they show well at halter (Bandit got championship at Weanling halter -- his very first show! Dante got third in his weanling halter, but he was barely weaned and I hadn't worked with him much on standing still, so I'm not sure how he placed at all. sweatdrop ). 2-Pak hasn't had much for showing -- he'd be perfect for halter if he wasn't so huge (AKA hard for me to trot-at-hand -- he walks as fast as I can run! gonk ), and he's only recently learned to canter, so so far he was pretty useless in riding shows. I hope he'll do well at this year's county fair (next month!).
I ride strictly Western, partially because English is totally foreign to me (I was raised riding Western), partially because Western tack is expensive enough (I'm cheap and hard on saddles. They don't need expensive saddles that'll just get ruined. xp ).
I'm getting into more serious training, too -- I plan to break Bandit this summer and Dante next summer. Previously, I just took already broke horses and taught them random stuff for the fun of it. (As a result, all my horses are trained to voice commands. If I say 'back', the horse will back up without any need for pulling the reins or whatever; 'slow up'/'whoa up' is slow down, 'oswari' (the Japanese word for 'sit', directed at a dog) means stand still and don't move... just whatever I felt the need to train them. The pony I used to have was trained to, on my command, take something from another person and bring it to me, too. I always had him steal my dad's wallet. rofl Dante was recently trained to lead another horse around by the lead rope, too, since he likes chewing on lead ropes so much. lol
Aah, I ramble a lot. sweatdrop
User Image

Dante_Sonata

setsunaeternal

Battle-ready Brawler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:34 pm
I LOVE horses, I used to ride on and off for a while, but lessons are uber expensive when you live in an urban setting, believe you me u_u;; I miss it terribly, but until I'm out of college/working at a decently paying job, I doubt I'll be able to pick it up again, if I even have time to do it then, you know?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:54 pm
I've been riding off and on since I could walk, I think. Basically, whenever we had the money, my mom got me a lesson somewhere, somehow. She's horse-crazy, so I guess it runs in the blood. xD
The past two years or so I've been riding a friend's horse regularly. He's a chestnut Thoroughbred gelding by the name of Jax, and we've been working on Dressage and Jumping. At first it was just hacking out in the fields with my friend on her other horse (letting him gallop is just about the most amazing feeling in the world), but lately we've been doing some more serious training, and he's doing pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. We're planning on entering a mixed hunter/jumper and dressage show pretty soon, possibly this summer anyway. There's lots in the area to choose from, luckily.
I'm also in an equine program at the community college I attend. Hopefully, when I get to one of the 4-year colleges I've got my eye on I'll major in equine studies.
And just gotta say, it's pretty weird being a guy my age (18 ) in the horse world, especially the English side of things...But I love it, so I don't care. wink

o-o_TeaThyme_o-o

Dapper Sex Symbol

"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces