Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
What Does Your Name Mean? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

John Jacob Jinglehiemerschmidt
  His name is my name too....
View Results

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:09 am
Whitney= Welsh; "from the white water" or "white island"

Leah=Hebrew; "delicate"

Surname=Scottish, the old form began with Mac, until they decided to change it.

Lily the Pink: I always liked the name Lily and I used tigerlily as an alias online all the time when I was a...newbie. But then I became friends with these three guys who sang an old British drinking song called Lily the Pink (Lyrics) And it grew on me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:23 am
Sakura: Cherryblossom
Kyoukan: Assassin

I am the Cherryblossom Assassin  

Sakura-Kyoukan

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:24 pm
Ryan is an Irish-Gaelic name and means 'Little King'.

My two middle names, Thomas and Peter are biblical in nature, both of whom were Christ's disciples. They are the names of my mom's father and dad's father, respectively.

My last name, Røed, is a Norwegian derivative of Roe, which is in turn a derivative of the Norse word for 'Clearing'.

Shazbot_the_Pirate comes from my nickname (Shazbot) and a liking for pirates.

My nickname Shazbot was used on an old show called 'Mork and Mindy' as a replacement for s**t. It's used in an online game called Tribes in the same way. I just liked the way it sounded and used as my handle when my friends and I played LAN matches. Another nickname of mine, Shazzamatazz is simply a combination of Shazbot and Razzamatazz.

My previous nickname was Captain. I'm not really sure how I got it, but I go by the username Captain Shazbot on a number of different message boards.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:40 am
Snarechan/Snare-chan/Snare dates back to my youngin' days when a show called Ronin Warriors aired on Cartoon Network. I loved the semi-evil villians - titled the Warlords - the most. Two characters - Dais, a white-haired, one-eyed gentleman who controlled illusions/spiders and Sekhmet, a green-haired, purple-eyeshadow-wearing guy who had power of poison/snakes - were my utmost favorite of them.

Though Dais was my #1, the Snare in the name derives from Sekhmet's affinity for snakes. Both words start with 'sna' and snakes tend to 'ensnare' their food. The 'chan' is just from the Japanese, in how they add them to names to indicate status and whatnot.  

snarechan

Vagrant_Of_Peace

1,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:18 pm
Jazake was a nick name given to me when i was in my freshman year of highschool.

and my best frined was dubbed blazane lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:46 pm
My Sn is explained on my profile

my real name Jelle Deconinck [freely translates too ''thaking'']
just is dutch for the king
my first name meaning I purposely forgot due to it being a reference to julius and too english languaged people jelly'jello  

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

xAsianxNinjax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:26 pm
Ichigo= Japanese for#1 and gaurdian  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:29 pm
Ichigo76
Ichigo= Japanese for#1 and gaurdian
and you know... strawberry  

xxKiria-Kunxx

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:32 pm
My names.

Kathryn.
Where's it from?
One of my grandmothers was named Kathryn.
What's it mean?
Behind the name
KATHRYN

Usage: English

Pronounced: KATH-rin [key]

Contracted form of KATHERINE

Behind the name
KATHERINE

Usage: English

Pronounced: KATH-u-rin, KATH-rin [key]

From the Greek name Αικατερινη (Aikaterine). The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name ‘Εκατερινη (Hekaterine), which came from ‘εκατερος (hekateros) "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek αικια (aikia) "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". The Romans associated it with Greek καθαρος (katharos) "pure" and changed their spelling from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this.
The name belonged to a 4th-century saint and martyr from Alexandria who was tortured on the famous Catherine wheel. Another saint by this name was Catherine of Siena, a 14th-century mystic. This name was also borne by two empresses of Russia, including Catherine the Great, and by three of Henry VIII's wives.

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff