Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Computers & Video Games
Nippon Ichi Software

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  Yay!
View Results

AcidRyu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:01 pm
What's your favorite game from Nippon Ichi? Mine are the Disgaea series, Phantom Brave, and Ar Tonelico. I seriously can't wait for Disgaea 3 to come out, even though I'm PS3 deprived. What do you guys like?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 am
I'm tempted to say Soul Nomad for it's battle system.
Otherwise next up would be Disgaea 2 or Makai kingdom.
Phantom Brave was interesting as well.

I'm not that happy with the screens for Disgaea 3, it looks like they are reusing some of the sprites from D2 which jsut seems really lazy.  

Varian_Nearic

AcidRyu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:32 am
How is Makai Kingdom? I never tried it so I don't have much of an opinon. I thought the characters were kind of taking after other disgaea characters like Mao being a geeky form of Laharl. Other than that, I think the battle sysem will have a few changes.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:19 pm
I personally enjoyed the characters a great deal. Zetta and Pram are a couple of my favourite characters out of all the NI games. The battle system is like Phantom Brave's minus the turn limit, it returns to the team turns and has vehicles and buildings. It's probably the one I've spent the most time on but I can't exactly rate how you'd find it. It is another good NI game though.

Yeah the characters and premise seem interesting. In the end the re-use of sprites isn't a big deal but as I said, it just seems lazy when they've changed for every other game. Still not sure it'll be enough for me to buy a PS3 when it comes out but we shall see.  

Varian_Nearic

Elijah Frost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:10 am
They've still haven't been able to top Disgaea for me. Not that their other games aren't good, they rock. Just not as much.
And I hated Makai Kingdom. Lack of story and playable characters ruined it for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:14 pm
I only have Disgaea 2 and I love it. I have beaten it maybe 4 times so far and I still love playing it. It makes laugh everytime especially because of Etna. She is possibly my favorite character. But right now, I have to get everything back because something happened to my file, so I had to restart the entire thing over. Right now though everything is almost where it was before the file thing happened. The only thing I have to do is re-unlock all the second half of each class and re-collect the treasure map pieces but after that, everything will be back to the way it was.  

Dark-Light Dragoon

Distinct Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100

Destinys Fist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 am
Disgaea rocks! And i wont stop until I have all my characters up to lvl 9999! Srs Laharl PWNS. Afternoon of Darkness also features appearances of other characters from NIS games like Adell and Rozalin from Disgaea 2, Overlord Zetta from Makai Kingdom and many more. It's really a game worth having.  
Computers & Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games