Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Art (Get your Artistic a** in here)
I could use some rating on this sprite please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the sprite?
  Yes, I find it quite good.
  Yes, pretty good.
  Not sure, not bad, but not good.
  Eh, needs some work.
  Not at all, stop spriting or get some talent!
View Results

Jappio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Is this sprite good?

It's been awhile. There was a long period where I was too lazy and too busy to be able to do a sprite, but in the last like three days I've whipped up a new one. Although it was so quickly done (sooner than the others) it maybe might be some of my best work (I can't fully tell, it isn't fine tuned, but it uses a lot of old tips I've gotten). It is of a monkey. It actually based off of a friend of mine (sideburns, sandals, and the orange). I sort of rushed this I feel, but maybe I've just learned to go quicker. The purpose of this sprite was to practice sprites in general and to try an animal. I felt I did pretty good. I would still greatly appreciate suggestions and tips though. The cape was for the sake to practice making a cape, a probably common sprite drawing I'll have to do.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 am
Not groundbreaking but decent domokun  

Irukus

Jappio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:13 am
Does anyone else have anything to say? I'm afraid that maybe my art is just too much in the middle of good and bad. Its not good enough for people come in and say they love it. It's not bad enough for people to come in and say they hate it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 pm
I think it has more to do about general laziness domokun i posted a picture in gaia and got 2 comments about it domokun  

Irukus

Jappio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:34 am
I guess I just get a little jealous, since I see other topics getting more attention.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Its cute! 3nodding work a little bit on the anatomy, i guess the arms and the face maybe....but its good biggrin  

Alexa_REfan

4,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jappio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:16 pm
Thank you everyone for your comments and tips so far. I decided to take some and went to see what I could do with it. I'm happy with the results, and think its gotten a lot better. I could still use tips, comments, and critic though, so if you don't mind, I'd love to here from you.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:14 pm
Never save a sprite as a jpg it looks like crap. Use .png or if you can't save as that use .gif

It'll look better.  

Grail Avara

Magnetic Survivor

Jappio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:17 am
Yeah, I know. This one being a JPEG is due to some complications in location. I made the changes to this sprite somewhere away from home, so when I got home and wanted to post it places, I was stuck with a JPEG format.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:51 am
Alexa_REfan
Its cute! 3nodding work a little bit on the anatomy, i guess the arms and the face maybe....but its good biggrin

i agree, work on the arms a bit to get the preportions right and you'll be set  

Benjamaninja

Art (Get your Artistic a** in here)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff