Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Glory Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

^^
  :(
View Results

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:43 pm
So I'm guessing you were shown the unedited version? That link you posted says that Pepsi-Cola sponsored an edited version so that it could be shown in high schools. Why didn't the school just show you guys that?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:23 am
Boy this is a toughy...
Ok I've seen the movie and I must admit excellent.However the actual history dealing w/ african americans during the civil war is tough to explain.

Ok,today the way african americans were treated in the past is seen as racist (which it is),but in the Civil War era it was how most whites naturally treated them.It wasn't till the 60s till the view on african americans,with the American Civil Rights movement,changed drastically.Glory,imo,while being about a real event in history,just stands to show how far America and it's people have come.And at times,even I can't believe how racist ppl can and have been,however think of this.Slavery didn't start in America..it started in Africa where africans sold other africans to european slave traders,boggles the mind a bit.  

HellzChelz

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:36 pm
we watched a lot of movies in my US History class and glory was one of them.

We also watched The Untouchables, A League of Their Own, All's Quiet on the Western Front, and a couple I don't remember the names of. (vietnam movie with Robin Williams, and a WWII movie about pilots.)

Most of those were rated R but for reasons that were not sexual and we were told ahead of time when we would be watching them and were given the option to not watch the movie but instead read a selection detailing the same events covered in the movie.

It was a good movie and a touching film. I can see where it bothered you but it was wonderfully produced :]

I think movies are good learning tools but yes, they should have run it by your parents ahead of time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:43 pm
We watched that movie last year in school and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Mind you, I am absolutely a**l about historical accuracy but I liked this one. Even though not every detail was right, the overall portrayal was excellent and I really felt they captured it. Morgan Freeman was really good, as was Denzel Washington. I am not interested in the Civil War period either, and I was still able to enjoy this movie immensely. So yes, I would tell you that you should watch it, but then again this is coming from the girl who sat through all of Sweeney Todd and then ate Dumplings because it made her hungry. Hahaha.  

MonsieurSponge

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces