Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Item Values Dropping...? O.o WTF? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

retarded?
  quite
View Results

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:58 pm
Well it's a pretty damn good discovery.

I did like the katana, but not as much as it's going for, but a friend of mine really wants one. So she would probably attack you for it.

Changing the topic for a sec. I was going through the market place, to see if I got lucky and scored an item for cheap, and I saw the old MC letters (the 03 ones) and I really liked the old design, the ones with the smilie faces. They have a different design for each year, but I like the ones with the smilies more.

Look at me talking about MC letter smilies, yep it's definitely boredom.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:42 am
Idk,it's hard to tell..much like the gas prices it goes up then drops /repeat
In WoW it's the same way so who knows,I guess someone starts a price trend that wears out then someone else goes uber high.  

HellzChelz

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:46 am
HellzChelz
Idk,it's hard to tell..much like the gas prices it goes up then drops /repeat
In WoW it's the same way so who knows,I guess someone starts a price trend that wears out then someone else goes uber high.

but not normally that much. both the cami and the bustier are down from the mils to the hundred k's.

This is ridiculous. Its driving down the values of my items that I've gotten over the years and that is just not cool in the least. Seriously.

This is honestly the first time I can remember being so upset about something they've done with the site.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:58 am
Yeah,it's total highway robbery =/  

HellzChelz

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 am
MissMunchieMonster
Well it's a pretty damn good discovery.

I did like the katana, but not as much as it's going for, but a friend of mine really wants one. So she would probably attack you for it.

Changing the topic for a sec. I was going through the market place, to see if I got lucky and scored an item for cheap, and I saw the old MC letters (the 03 ones) and I really liked the old design, the ones with the smilie faces. They have a different design for each year, but I like the ones with the smilies more.

Look at me talking about MC letter smilies, yep it's definitely boredom.
No prop; I got my katana-kun now *snuggles katana, cursing lightly as it slices open his cheek in three places*.

Yeah, some of the older styles of letter are nice, but then that's just one tiny additional reason to collect them, or perhaps one more tiny little reason those with too much gold are happy to collect them for and thusly turn said gold over to me to be specificUser Image...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:12 am
teh sexiful nerdy
thats just plain retarded.

I'm not against others having them but that pisses me off because of the work put into funding mine.

And trust me, I remember the days, grass skirts were noob items when I joined. I bought a HB for 20k. Trust me, I remember.

I was looking up laurels (gold) and dang they've risen. just two years ago I got mine for a value trade worth 65k.

Its ridiculous.

I want a coconut bra back though D: I had one long long ago xD

The Katana was the worst I think. It went from being 15k to like 75k in less than a year. And the prices were running as high as 20~35k even when the collectibles were still being offered.

There's nothing wrong with luxury items being expensive, but the prices have been jumping like crazy these days. I was surprised to see that the OMG hats have also gone from 70k to 5.5mil.

I'll bet the 2% tax is the the cause of this ridiculous inflation. If Gaia added the tax with an excuse to drop prices, then all they've done was make the situation worse. It is due to this that they should simply get rid of it. The gap between the cheaper items and the luxury items seems to be growing fast.The price-rise was much more acceptable before the introduction of this new marketplace.

I mean, I don't mind the format and it is easier to run a search on the item you're looking for and all, but the 2% tax? No... just no. D:  

Alienor Kaze

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:23 am
Yeah, taxes are why I DON'T enter the market in real life...
...That and I have nothing to sell...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:41 pm
Officer Hot-Pants

Pfft,real life.What's that? rolleyes  

HellzChelz

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:57 pm
HellzChelz
Officer Hot-Pants

underage B&.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:27 pm
HellzChelz
Officer Hot-Pants

If I ever figure it out, I'll get back to you on that one User Image...  

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:55 pm
some stuff is going way up though...

wtf is up with the elegant veil??? it used to be that NO ONE wanted one, and now they're OVER 100k?!? since when???

i saw it and was like eek eek eek .

glad i still have two. heart

it just seems like the marketplace is being slowly turned on its head, ya know? bizarre...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:30 pm
aprilness
Hmmm, typically price increases with demand, not decreases. Demand ^, and if supply v or staying same, then price ^

Or at least that's what they told me in economy class. :/

c'est vrai  

kailan27

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:06 am
kailan27
aprilness
Hmmm, typically price increases with demand, not decreases. Demand ^, and if supply v or staying same, then price ^

Or at least that's what they told me in economy class. :/

c'est vrai

Es kann nicht richtig sein! gonk

how does that work?? If house prices go up so, say, a one bedroom house costs 2.5 million, and earnings dont increase, then people arent going to buy more of them are they?? Because thats just a ridiculous price to pay, and the items have become completely out of range. Doesnt it have to eventually find some sort of equilibrium between price and demand?  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff