Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
D&D A Survey by Spice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of you play D&D?
  Second Edition
  Third Edition
  I just cant wait for 4e
  What the hell is D&D?
View Results

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:10 pm
moo will let spicey know about your comments >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:58 pm
I like DND.

I play 3.5 edition with a bunch of my friends at school.

We have two separate groups.

8 people in each group, roughly.

World of Darkness is fun too!  

DrSaturn

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:36 am
Irukus
I don't really understand what you want us to provide you with, other then "humble" donations domokun not trying to be inconvenient, i am just a bit confused here

Spice, "The donations is when the site has been up for a while. What I want currently is any ideas from players and DMs for what they want to see in a D&D game. But I guess before that you all would like to now the setting a bit better, and I will get to that after I answer a few more questions...

(BTW: all answers are in the order of the topic review thingy)

@ Awiergan Resurrection: Well, that still makes you more than capable of coming up with a component that may give fun and joy in rules format to a player or DM.

@ Blue and Egga: The difficulty of the setting will still be under the control of the DM, however with the online tools that will be provided for 4 edition, The Heritik Group has planed on DMing events and such through the online play. Even if you are a novice at the game, it shouldn't throw you that hard of a learning curve.

I think that covers most of the questions, now i will go deeper into the setting waiting for more questions

There are two features that makes this setting (we haven't come up with a name for it yet) from the standard D&D setting. In D&D, there is the potential of infinite planes and, just through the Dungeon Master's Guide, a hellavalot of regular run of the mill planes. In our setting, there are only four planes, The Mortal World, where we all life eat and breath; The Ethereal Veil, this plane separates the Mortal World from the Spirit World; The Spirit World, I guess you can figure out what lives there; and the Hereafter, which is the realm of the gods and when a character dies, their soul goes and stuff.

The other feature is this games underdark (for those who don't know, the underdark is the underground stuff that has a lot of bad guys and horrible monsters) is actually a planet wide ruined city of the Ancients.

There are things in here for anime lovers too, there are war-machines called Automated Armor which is just powered armor that uses either steam or clockwork to work and does a lot of cool things. There are limited gun toys, but the most impressive relic is the Caster Pistol (there is a class dedicated to the use of the pistol) and limited rocket technology (which is unreliable but fun to play with).

The map hasn't been drawn and it wont be until the site goes up because all we will have is the city of Illidur which is a guild city with the guild senate and stuff, as players and GMs start to explore the frontier they get to add cities, countries, and the like and the map starts to take shape."

This is all I can release for now, but if you have ideas for things, post them and The Heritik Group will examine them and if we like them, you get to have it on the site with your own By-Line."

I am sorry that I update this sooooooooooo slow, but its because i have to go over the questions with the group to decide how much i am allowed to share at the moment, all ingame items i have discussed are still subject to change, if you do submit an idea for the setting, we reserve the right to tweek it (but still maintain the spirit of the idea) so that it will fit the setting smoothly.

Spice, R&D Manager of The Heritik Group  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:17 am
DrSaturn
World of Darkness is fun too!
ooo, I've been Storytelling for just over a year now ^.^ I haven't actually gotten a chance to play yet, but it looks like a fun time on the other side of the table xD

As for D&D, I am aware of it, but have never played/run any games.  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Egyptian Beatdown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:41 pm
User Image
I am trying. so far I don't get it. sweatdrop
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:04 am
Spice, "Sorry, its been a while since I was up here...

If you all want, I can 'leak' some stuff, the site isnt going to be online for another six months and we are going to be spending that time to getting the basics together so everyone has something to at least start with...

Give me a reply if you want me to leak...

game information...

not actual fluids...

that would be gross...

and bad for my computer...

yea."

Spice, THG R&D Manager.  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Haha6977

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:17 am
I did play second edition a lot. I also DMed my own world. With all kinds of charas and so on. D & D is cool, I just haven't played since I was with my ex.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:28 pm
I have been playing D&D a long time. My brother got me into back when I was 12. Now I play other things. I prefer the World of Darkness setting by White Wolf. That is the old WoD not the new one.  

Aelanaar

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces