Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:54 pm
User Image
Where in Canada are you Tsu?

--------------------------------------------
I`M SELLING MY INVENTORY! WIN 150,000 GOLD CLICK HERE!
Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Ontariooo~!
So it's not that bad,
this winter's been pretty mild, actually. n_n

Tsu.png

God-The-RapistV1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:06 pm
User Image
What county?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:38 pm
User Image

He's asking because we live in Ontario as well. Today was sooo warm here though. I LOVED it! It's was like spring today!
User Image

God-Raped-Me

lazycommie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:04 pm
To be completely, utterly honest, I never learned a damn thing in school. It's a tremendous waste of time and effort, as well as making people who SHOULD be learning hate the idea of learning anything and so they grow up ignorant.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:20 am
lazycommie
To be completely, utterly honest, I never learned a damn thing in school. It's a tremendous waste of time and effort, as well as making people who SHOULD be learning hate the idea of learning anything and so they grow up ignorant.

I am an old ATG member =]

ironically thats a really ignorant thing to write.
I'm fairly sure you learned quiet a bit at school.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

lazycommie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:32 am
Shram
lazycommie

I am an old ATG member =]

ironically thats a really ignorant thing to write.
I'm fairly sure you learned quiet a bit at school.

Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

Actually, no. I was always ahead of the class because I studied stuff independently(because I like to learn) and it moved so slowly that it couldn't keep up with my private studies.

See, if people want to learn, nothing will stop them. If people don't want to learn, you can't make them. Because of that, public school is, by and large, a failure. It encourages people to hate learning anything, which is a habit which sticks to them the rest of their life, sadly enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 am
User Image

You know, unless I really liked learning about it, media, chemistry and Biology, I forgot most of what I did learn.

I would have liked to taken a longer Psychology course though.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Tsu.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:16 pm
God-The-RapistV1
User Image
What county?

I live in Mississauga~
:3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 pm
o.o wow....those schools are pretty bad (what's asbestos, btw?)

well, my elementary school was new, so it was really good. The teachers were awesome. My middle school was like 20 years old, but it was ok. Some of the teachers didn't even have their own room, they had to take their stuff on a cart to other rooms sometimes.
My highschool is pretty amazing. I love all the teachers there (except one of the chemestry teachers, and one of the math teachers is kinda boring), and most of the students are nice. Our school is really easy to move around in, large halls and places that are pretty easy to have a large group in. the library is really open too, but i don't like the limited supply of books they have there. Since some of the building is new, nothing is molding...at least i don't think it is...there's a couple holes in the wall from stupid students punching the wall...last year all the plumbing (including the toilets) stopped working for a while ~shudders~ bad memories of that.

Anyways, i'll stop my rambling. Overall, my school is pretty good.  

Liltweet_gal

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:27 pm
User Image

Quote:
Asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate mineral with long, thin fibrous crystals.

Asbestos is known to have toxicity. The inhalation of toxic asbestos fibers can cause serious illnesses, including malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis (also called pneumoconiosis). Since the mid 1980s, many uses of asbestos have been banned in several countries.

Asbestos became increasingly popular among manufacturers and builders in the late 19th century due to its resistance to heat, electricity and chemical damage, its sound absorption and tensile strength. When asbestos is used for its resistance to fire or heat, the fibers are often mixed with cement or woven into fabric or mats. Asbestos was used in some products for its heat resistance, and in the past was used on electric oven and hotplate wiring for its electrical insulation at elevated temperature, and in buildings for its flame-retardant and insulating properties, tensile strength, flexibility, and resistance to chemicals.

Taken from Wikipedia.

Hope that helps a bit. ^_^
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 pm
The high school I went to before dropping out sucked... Ask Rica. Teachers were dicks and often found teaching subjects they had no idea how to teach, and there was no respect shown to anyone. Students were too drama focused, and teachers didn't seem to care...

Best part about it was sneaking liquor into my art class and drinking with my friends. My teacher knew but didn't care because she liked us 8D  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:33 am
God-Raped-Me
User Image

Quote:
Asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate mineral with long, thin fibrous crystals.

Asbestos is known to have toxicity. The inhalation of toxic asbestos fibers can cause serious illnesses, including malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis (also called pneumoconiosis). Since the mid 1980s, many uses of asbestos have been banned in several countries.

Asbestos became increasingly popular among manufacturers and builders in the late 19th century due to its resistance to heat, electricity and chemical damage, its sound absorption and tensile strength. When asbestos is used for its resistance to fire or heat, the fibers are often mixed with cement or woven into fabric or mats. Asbestos was used in some products for its heat resistance, and in the past was used on electric oven and hotplate wiring for its electrical insulation at elevated temperature, and in buildings for its flame-retardant and insulating properties, tensile strength, flexibility, and resistance to chemicals.

Taken from Wikipedia.

Hope that helps a bit. ^_^
User Image

oh, i see. That helps some, thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:00 pm
I love my high school and always have. It's great. We’re allowed to bring in cell phones, iPods, whatever to class, and no one cares; the dress code basically consists of "please wear clothes" and the lockers are never searched.

When you bring in a cell phone, if it rings, it's usually more entertainment than anything else. Some teachers will just laugh. With those teachers, you can actually get away with answering the phone in class and having a conversation. But a lot of teachers take the phone while it’s ringing and answer it. Some teachers are really awesome and pretend to be people, be it the owner of the phone or the "other guy in her life" (this only applies to boyfriends calling their girls in class, obviously). There’s also this thing with one or two teachers (and I'm not sure where it started) where if your phone rings in class, you have to bring a box of donuts for the entire class the next day to make up for the disruption you caused. So whenever anyone's phone rings, everyone yells "Donuts!"

If you talk smart to a teacher, they'll laugh or give as good as they get, and it's always highly entertaining. We have only one teacher that no one likes, and I've never had to deal with her.

The kids are mostly pretty cool, although this year's crop of grade nines are not very promising. But it doesn't really matter, as I only heard of suspensions for fights, explosives or doing something REALLY dumb. The worst explosive we got was someone being an idiot in a science classroom.

However, I live in northern Canada.
So amazingly perfect schools DO exist, provided you don't mind living in the middle of nowhere and freezing to death if you step outside in anything less than full winter gear from November to March.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 pm
User Image

The cold and I don't agree at all, so I think I would rather have had what I had than having nips that could cut glass all the time.
User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces