Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Weird, random and useless thoughts about the world Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You Crazy?
what?
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
you insolent little ***!
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
uhm yes, problem???
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
NOOO never!!!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
*ç%*%*ç%ç ?????
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:00 am
Drift Boy
You know more and more children are being born with Autism? So what happens when there are more Autistic people then there are Neural Typicals?
*Word for non-autistc people*

yo: Although many genetic and environmental causes of autism have been proposed, its theory of causation is still incomplete. Some researchers argue this is because autism is not a single disorder, but rather a triad of core aspects (social impairment, communication difficulties, and repetitive behaviors) that have distinct causes but often co-occur.

so no one knows FOR SURE if all cases of 'autism' are 1) actually autism, and 2) something you're born with or something that develops later.

i really doubt the numbers are SUDDENLY skyrocketing ((unless all of our genes are being somehow contaminated or mutated by some pollutant)), i think people are reporting stuff more often now and doctors like to give things labels instead of saying things like "oh, its a phase! they'll grow out of it!"

3nodding

there will never be a time when there are more autistic people than norms.

its useless to worry over something that will never happen.

worry about smallpox or chemical bombs instead. whee

also, to answer this: i've been thinking for quite some time....what if everybody in the world was rich and i don't mean like rich in love and stuff i mean like billionares..would that mean there would still be bums but like millionaire bums or what? would there still be starving children in ie africa, india, china what have you...

the simple answer is yes. inflation would increase along with everyone's bank accounts.

its like, okay, 100 years ago, $10 was a big ******** deal. i mean, you were HIGH ON THE HOG with that in your pocket. nowadays, $10 is barely worth having.

basic economics. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:23 am
Iconised Ghost
What if the solar system is actually an atom and we are just part of something much bigger, like a giant teacup? I was listening to Billy Connelly talk about this, and it seems to make sense to me. If you look at the solar system then the sun is the nucleus and all the planets are going around it like electrons. We don't know that we are part of something bigger because we cant see it, its just too big. Just like little microscopic animals in ponds can't contemplate on our existence

By that logic, our solar system would be Sodium (if you count Eris, Pluto and Ceres). If you don't count any of the dwarf planets, then we'd be Sodium.

But that also brings up the problem of all electrons being the same size and weight. And where are the Protons and Neutrons in the sun?  

Artanus

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces