Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Photo disk burning question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trevor and
  JFM
  will post
  with thier vast knowledge of the entire internets.
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:03 am

Okay, I got an idea to accaully do something with my 100+ pics of one cat in almost the same position but slightly different angles and camera settings, I could burn them to disk and mail them out to family I maybe see once a year. Might be fun.

Thing is, my grandparents don't have a computer, AT ALL. And my uncle who lives near them has a computer, worse than my old one, it's like the oldest mac still running, his monitor looks anciet compared to mine(a box monitor, at least 3 inches bigger than his). So... I need to get a way or program to burn the pictures to a CD that can play in a dvd player.

Most programs can do a slide show, but what I'm really hoping for is a program that you can use the remote to flip back and forth, and maybe(here's my imagination running wild) maybe a way to see thumbnails.
(I think wiis can do this with memory cards, I can do it on my camera, but is there a way to do this on a dvd player?)

So, if you have any idea of what I'm saying, and know of a program that can at least let me just get the pics to show on a dvd player, please post the link.

Thankies.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:00 am
ummm...for your mac do you have iMovie?  

-iSnug-

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:22 am

Windows XP pro SP2, but I wouldn't mind a program that worked with ubuntu .04 as well because if I ever download the apps to make it usable to me, and windows pisses me off I'd like to be ble to use the same program, wether I have to redownload it or not.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:00 am
(Computer nerd mode on) >.< Do you have a program that can make any type of movie for your Windows? Because i have a Mac OS 10.3.1 and i have Flash Player on it, and iMovie on it  

-iSnug-

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:36 pm

A flv player Trevor found for me, and the windows media player.

My camera has a kodak thingy, and I realized that a free program existed when I say an option to make the disks usable in DvD players. But the web page it sent me to was paid/trail, and I know that there must be free programs that work better, since the album feature is idiot proof, but a waste of computer space unless I want to spend hours on sorting pics (seriously, 100s of the same cat in almost the same pose, and of the same snowed-on tree) or hours finding a way to get pics from camrea without a card reader, and purging my computer of the evil kodak program.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:50 pm
Okay, I know I'm not suppost to double post, and that this is still, barely, on the first page. but I have something to add, and just editing after this many days, wouldn't work too well.

v
v

I looked on the net myself, and I found a lame slideshow program for free, but the site looked scary. emo

So, I'm looking for a SAFE and free program that won't corrupt my computer. I want this program to make my CDs of pics work on a DvD player. I'm okay if it has to use a slide show, but if there is anyway to make the disk so that instead of timers, the veiwer can use the remote to flip between photos I'd give you a big cyber hug.

I know that at least JFM or Trevor, most likely both, can find or know of a program that can at least do the slide show for free, and possibly even a program that would let the photos be changed by a remote instead of a timer.  

Metalic_Noodles

-iSnug-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 am
Metalic_Noodles
Okay, I know I'm not suppost to double post, and that this is still, barely, on the first page. but I have something to add, and just editing after this many days, wouldn't work too well.

v
v

I looked on the net myself, and I found a lame slideshow program for free, but the site looked scary. emo

So, I'm looking for a SAFE and free program that won't corrupt my computer. I want this program to make my CDs of pics work on a DvD player. I'm okay if it has to use a slide show, but if there is anyway to make the disk so that instead of timers, the veiwer can use the remote to flip between photos I'd give you a big cyber hug.

I know that at least JFM or Trevor, most likely both, can find or know of a program that can at least do the slide show for free, and possibly even a program that would let the photos be changed by a remote instead of a timer.
If i remember right.....one of the Microsoft Office programs can make slide show presentations, why not trying that? (Oh and..becareful about double posting even the walls have eyes -points to bleeding eye on the wall with a sword in it" >D  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Powerpoint, fun program. But this is the first version of window's I've ever had or used, registered or not, that didn't have MS word crying , Excel sad , and a few others. Only one of my computers has ever had publisher, which is awesome!

sweatdrop So ya, no powerpoint, and if I had it, I'm not sure I know how to make it autoplay slow enough, but not too fast, and to play on a dvd player.

The walls have eyes, isn't that the title of a horrar flick?

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Picasa does not create DVDs that can be played on DVD players.

Sorry, crunchy, I guess the Google photo program won't work.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:56 pm
Metalic_Noodles

Powerpoint, fun program. But this is the first version of window's I've ever had or used, registered or not, that didn't have MS word crying , Excel sad , and a few others. Only one of my computers has ever had publisher, which is awesome!

sweatdrop So ya, no powerpoint, and if I had it, I'm not sure I know how to make it autoplay slow enough, but not too fast, and to play on a dvd player.

The walls have eyes, isn't that the title of a horrar flick?

~Metalic_Noodles

a lot of the time now you seem to have to buy microsfot office seperately to the operating system. Its a pain, especially when you have just spent 4grand on a new laptop and they have the check to try and make you buy office seperately.

BTW, you have double posted twice on one page whee  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:22 pm

Ya, the thread was really low or off the first page without an answer/solution... and I figured that double posting would be better than making a new thread, which would probably be the posts thisone has. sweatdrop

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:24 pm
Metalic_Noodles

Ya, the thread was really low or off the first page without an answer/solution... and I figured that double posting would be better than making a new thread, which would probably be the posts thisone has. sweatdrop

~Metalic_Noodles

Nope double posting is not better, no double posting. If someone hasn't answered then they probably don't know thus the thread will die.  

angel_half82
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:31 am

I know that program has to exist somewhere, at least the slideshow part. I find it hard to believe no one here knows of one.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:16 am
Well if it hasn't been answered by now your best bet is the regular forums outside the guild.  

angel_half82
Crew

LeeAnnaa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:01 pm
HELLOOOO heart  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items