Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Le Parkour

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Axel_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 am
This is a fairly new sport I have bcome interested in.
Le Parkour is a sport of movement, using the elements of Marital Arts and Acrobatics. Parkour (or PK for short) is using your enviorment to your advantage. Like a obstcale course.
The sport was founded by:
Sébastien Foucan
David Belle
Yamakasi a group that David & Sébastien were apart of.
Here is some insight on Le Parkour:
http://www.foucan.com/?page_id=11
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour
http://www.le-parkour.net/
http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/index.htm

Who out there is interested or already taking part inthis sport?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:25 pm
i really want to parkour, but im so uncordinated that id prolly fall on my face. it is really interesting tho. it like your almost a ninja! ninja  

caboose_37

zephyr713

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:14 pm
i have a friend that does parkour, he climbs runs up walls eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:25 pm
I'm a traceur too and a member of Washington Parkour and American Parkour.
I've only been practicing it for about 6 months. I hope more and more people come to know this "sport" and try it, but I'd hate it when people add competition. It's just not for competing with others. You're doing it to improve yourself and get to your destination.
Btw, urbanfreeflow advertises Free Running, not Parkour.

Glad to see someone here is into l'art du déplacement.

@caboose_37: Anyone can do it and you'd improve your coordination. ^_^  

zenyk

Freya Sirad

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:41 am
I wanna try it after seeing Mirror's Edge which features both Parkour and Free Running. (I tend to mix the two up time to time.) I think I'll start practicing it around spring where I won't be too cold to be outside. razz

I never thought of Parkour being as a competitive type. Nor will I consider it. Like you said, meamaaslimjim, it's all about self-improvement with the body and mind and to get from Point A to Point B.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:56 pm
Kind of a dead thread thread, but eh whatever!
I have Mirror's edge, and it's what you can do when you're insanely good. That and lots and lots of tall buildings.

I'm in my college's pakour club. It's quite cool, because we start out in the gymnastics room, with pads and everything, and we get to flip around and stuffz.

This doesn't have me in it, as it's just my first year joining, but a person put in a compilation of stuff that they did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sred1jn6rmc

And yes, I go to ISU.  

Eyrisa

Sparkly Gaian

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:36 pm
i tried parkour for like a week i just don't have the stamina im biult fo it im lengthy and such but i just can't do that crazy stuff without passing out. my uncle does it though  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm
meamaaslimjim
I'm a traceur too and a member of Washington Parkour and American Parkour.
I've only been practicing it for about 6 months. I hope more and more people come to know this "sport" and try it, but I'd hate it when people add competition. It's just not for competing with others. You're doing it to improve yourself and get to your destination.
Btw, urbanfreeflow advertises Free Running, not Parkour.

Glad to see someone here is into l'art du déplacement.

@caboose_37: Anyone can do it and you'd improve your coordination. ^_^

*Bump*
Parkour can also be translated into free running, just reminding you in case you didn't know. I wish there were more people who know this sport. Hopefully people will add this into the olympics.  

mrcogllrdo

Sforzando Poco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Ah, that looks so cool. Plus it's french, which is even cooler. I wish we had something like this at my school, but of course we don't... If I ever get the chance, I have to try this...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:33 pm
I've been completely into Parkour and have been wanting to try tricks thanks to "Mirror's Edge" as well but I keep fearing that if I try even a lazy vault I'd get my foot caught and end up face planting and leaving with a bloody and broken nose. I can't find any PK clubs around here and I don't know where to go to look for some. I want to try parkour, it's just the landings that kill me. XP  

Jeodiac

SethChase

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 am
I REALLY want to do parkour, always have it just looks like such a rush of adrenline and pure fun. I'm unfortunately highly asthmatic with two knees and a bad ankle who all have this really bad habit of giving out on me at the worst times... like when I'm on my skateboard... or when I try to get up a flight of stairs... when I'm rock climbing... Sadly I've been in Physical Therapy and it still doesn't help... they're just old injuries I'm still having problems with... so for now Parkour is sadly out of the question for me.  
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games