Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
DIBS ON VENUS! [new DI's] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venus is mine's bish!! D<
  fien then I'll be mercury 8]
View Results

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:17 am
@Bluegrass cat

Um... fiasco? What CCS fiasco? Also, I wasn't judging Sailor Moon. I think it's alright.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:47 pm
Artanus
@Bluegrass cat

Um... fiasco? What CCS fiasco? Also, I wasn't judging Sailor Moon. I think it's alright.

dude, wait.

did you watch ccs in japanese, or did you watch that horrible THING on the wb???

cause that horrible piece of crap they put on the wb and then tried to pass as ccs WAS a fiasco! crying

((please don't get confused! i ADORE ccs! i own the whole damn series AND both movies and i even have a few cds somewhere...tomoyo-chan is the greatest! xd ))  

WastelandMama
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:46 pm
w00t, nobody has called Pluto yet. ^^ She's all mine.

I bet she'd feel bad to know she got kicked out of the planet club. When we were discussing that ordeal in my high school astronomy class and my teacher asked who thought Pluto should stay a planet, my friend Riley was the first to shoot his hand into the air. When asked why he felt that way he said "coz Pluto is cool!!" whee I knew for a fact it was because he was a Pluto fangirl like me...he did a painting of her in our art class.

And omg, just the thought of Cardcaptors makes me throw up in my mouth a little. CCS was adorable and Nelvana or whoever ruined it with their marketing at 9 year old boys scheme. burning_eyes I personally liked Touya best...or more specifically, Touya/Yukito. 4laugh My first boy/boy love, I think. He was such a cute big brother. heart

I think Cardcaptors beat out Sailor Moon in the "worst dub opening theme" department. It was the guy who was singing that really did it for me. eek And I ********' HATED how they pronounced Clow. It's supposed to rhyme with "glow," not "cow."
"And when this mighty book was opened, the powers was set free."

What sort of English is THAT? Just awful. I could write an epic essay on all the fail in Cardcaptors.

EDIT: In all my fangirly joy I forgot to respond to the Magical Girl ripping off Sailor Moon thing...Sailor Moon is definitely not the only anime that is reminiscent of this MC. Has anybody seen Wedding Peach? When I subscribed to Newtype USA one of their DVDs had an episode of that on it. I was thoroughly upset by it, but this MC really makes me think of it. It' like...Sailor Moon minus anything I liked, with a lot more pink and gratuitous frilliness thrown in.

EDIT EDIT: Also, TSN, I am a newb, and don't know what DI stands for. I'm assuming it's the old term for monthly collectible, but what is it?
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 pm
DI = Donation Item  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:07 am
Ahhh, thank you. I feel more edumacated now.

I think I like that term better than the current one. It makes me feel less bad about spending money on this site when I see "donation" instead of "collectible." X]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:09 am
aprilness
Ahhh, thank you. I feel more edumacated now.

I think I like that term better than the current one. It makes me feel less bad about spending money on this site when I see "donation" instead of "collectible." X]

haha good :] and me too.

I just think they should tell them what they are.

Items obtained through a donation :]

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:25 am
Good point. Though than can be obtained by other means besides donating to the site. Originally someone has to buy them of course...but I didn't donate to Gaia to get my Celeb date or Pandy Pack..I bought them with plain ol' gold. Mostly because I wasn't around when those items were released... ninja But anyway, you don't have to donate to the site to have a DI. ._.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:37 am
When i saw them i thought "wtf talk about cosplay" but even though that is indeed obvious i just had to get three of them and saving for the fourth now lol.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:25 pm
aprilness

I bet she'd feel bad to know she got kicked out of the planet club. When we were discussing that ordeal in my high school astronomy class and my teacher asked who thought Pluto should stay a planet, my friend Riley was the first to shoot his hand into the air. When asked why he felt that way he said "coz Pluto is cool!!" whee I knew for a fact it was because he was a Pluto fangirl like me...he did a painting of her in our art class.

And omg, just the thought of Cardcaptors makes me throw up in my mouth a little. CCS was adorable and Nelvana or whoever ruined it with their marketing at 9 year old boys scheme. burning_eyes I personally liked Touya best...or more specifically, Touya/Yukito. 4laugh My first boy/boy love, I think. He was such a cute big brother. heart

I think Cardcaptors beat out Sailor Moon in the "worst dub opening theme" department. It was the guy who was singing that really did it for me. eek And I ********' HATED how they pronounced Clow. It's supposed to rhyme with "glow," not "cow."

What sort of English is THAT? Just awful. I could write an epic essay on all the fail in Cardcaptors.

EDIT: In all my fangirly joy I forgot to respond to the Magical Girl ripping off Sailor Moon thing...Sailor Moon is definitely not the only anime that is reminiscent of this MC. Has anybody seen Wedding Peach? When I subscribed to Newtype USA one of their DVDs had an episode of that on it. I was thoroughly upset by it, but this MC really makes me think of it. It' like...Sailor Moon minus anything I liked, with a lot more pink and gratuitous frilliness thrown in.

EDIT EDIT: Also, TSN, I am a newb, and don't know what DI stands for. I'm assuming it's the old term for monthly collectible, but what is it?
sweatdrop

omg i LOVE wedding peach! xd i know it comes off as a sailormoon ripoff, but after the first ten episodes, you start to find out more, cooler stuff and then you're like "OOOOH, its NOT like sailormoon!"

3nodding

and yeah, that cardcaptors opening killed me, as well...bad english, bad singing, bad rhyming schemes. stare what REALLY made me mad about it though was how AWESOME ccs's openings were! i mean, they were GORGEOUS and the animation was ALSO GORGEOUS!

and i hate that they cut out all the beginning episodes so that the one where li-kun shows up is the FIRST one.

it was just ridiculous of them to take a friggin SHOUJO anime and try to morph it into something for boys. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:51 pm
I liked CCS when i saw the US/westernised version, but i loved it when i saw the Japanese one. That series was seriously butchered  

Iconised Ghost

Vividly_x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:46 pm
I was thinking about the rip off factor!

I was kinda pleased because it would be neat to have the outfit biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:19 pm
bluegrass cat
aprilness

sweatdrop

omg i LOVE wedding peach! xd i know it comes off as a sailormoon ripoff, but after the first ten episodes, you start to find out more, cooler stuff and then you're like "OOOOH, its NOT like sailormoon!"

3nodding

and yeah, that cardcaptors opening killed me, as well...bad english, bad singing, bad rhyming schemes. stare what REALLY made me mad about it though was how AWESOME ccs's openings were! i mean, they were GORGEOUS and the animation was ALSO GORGEOUS!

and i hate that they cut out all the beginning episodes so that the one where li-kun shows up is the FIRST one.

it was just ridiculous of them to take a friggin SHOUJO anime and try to morph it into something for boys. sweatdrop

Yes, I actually forgot about that entirely...that Shaoran's/Syaoran's cameo appearance was the first episode. He's not the lead role, he's the eventual love interest...but of course they had to change the series name and cut/edit a ton of episodes to make kids think otherwise. There's also the fact that they ignore Meiling being his cousin, and did they even mention that the two were engaged in the dub? I know they left out Rika's engagement to her teacher too, because it's too inappropriate for a kid's show to have kissing cousins or....*****. xp  

Pachelbel Canon

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:19 pm
aprilness
bluegrass cat
aprilness

sweatdrop

3nodding

Yes, I actually forgot about that entirely...that Shaoran's/Syaoran's cameo appearance was the first episode. He's not the lead role, he's the eventual love interest...but of course they had to change the series name and cut/edit a ton of episodes to make kids think otherwise. There's also the fact that they ignore Meiling being his cousin, and did they even mention that the two were engaged in the dub? I know they left out Rika's engagement to her teacher too, because it's too inappropriate for a kid's show to have kissing cousins or....*****. xp

oh yeah, they left out all sorts of things! i couldn't even watch it after like, episode 2. crying

it was like watching sailormoon on cartoon network all over again! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:51 pm
bluegrass cat
Artanus
@Bluegrass cat

dude, wait.

did you watch ccs in japanese, or did you watch that horrible THING on the wb???

cause that horrible piece of crap they put on the wb and then tried to pass as ccs WAS a fiasco! crying

((please don't get confused! i ADORE ccs! i own the whole damn series AND both movies and i even have a few cds somewhere...tomoyo-chan is the greatest! xd ))

Oh, the dub was the fiasco. Got it. Yeah, i saw like, one episode on the WB when I was smaller. About half a year ago, I started watching it online, no dubs. I haven't watched it in a while.  

Artanus

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces