Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
Tales of Symphonia troubles, or, To kill or not to kill...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RopesThe13th

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:17 pm
*Spoilers! Stop reading if you never played the game!

I beat Tales of Symphonia today! But I did something unspeakable, I killed off one of the main characters, Zelos crying I thought he would come back, but he was really gone. So, I found out about the other games in the Tales of series, and there was a sequal to the game! So since Zelos comes back in it, I can't kill him in the replay files, but that and other things that happen because of it make such a cool story line! Please help me, I need to know weather I should kill him off or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:15 am
for details you should check gamefaqs. but it seems like you value Kratos more than Zelos, which most people do except for me.  

lolo who

Jopetas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 am
i didn´t fight against Zelos never if you say this i don´t know why don´t you play with Zelos because if you play with a friend put him the ex hability Exterminator and that can be the best. in bosses lloyd and Zelos together don´t leave the boss to attack with many combos so put to zelos the ability because he is very good in attack and his abilities are very good  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:25 am
in a way, it's not actually his fault. it just depends on how you play through a certain scene in the game (for the sake of non-spoilers, i wont say which).  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Cannibal Crow

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:38 pm
ZELOS DIES??

I don't recall him dying when I played through.. is it an alternate storyline or something?  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:51 pm
again, there are actually quite a few scenes in the game that differ depending on how you interact with the rest of the party. in a sense, killing Zelos is an alternate storyline of sorts.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Eskimikan Pie

4,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:17 am
That's why you have two save files, one for Zelos..and the other one for someone else whom I won't spoil.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:04 am
There are two options for this one:

If you keep the file and kill Zelos, it's worth seeing the storyline and how the background of Lloyd develops. Also, you could get monster list data on Zelos, which is probably something you need for a title. x3 This is definitely worth doing once, just for the background info.

On the other hand, if you beat the game with Zelos and don't kill him, then you get a lot more opportunity for extras, such as side events, skits, and cut scenes. He's much more fun, but not as informative.

How to go about choosing between killing Zelos or not:

It all depends on your choice in Flanoir. If you go outside with Kratos, Zelos dies. If not, he lives.

Zelos had the highest relationship value of all of my characters, but when I went outside with Kratos, who had my LOWEST relationship value, Zelos still died. So I feel this is the sole culprit.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing being spoiled here that none of you would not benefit from. =P I hope this helps!!

Neppy Akiyama

7,600 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100

Korin88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:15 pm
Ah, Symphonia. One of the most awsome games in existance. I can't wait till the next one comes out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia:_Knight_of_Ratatosk  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 pm
Well...I can't wait for 2 to come out, either. X3 I got a Wii just for that...and any future generation Zelda games. * w *  

Neppy Akiyama

7,600 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items