Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
What will the future be like? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good thing to talk about?
  Yes it´s interesting.
  No it´s boring
  It´s okay
  PW
View Results

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:56 am
lilsmilyboi2
my futre will be borrrrrrring......
Then make it unboring.....

@aprilness: Well Japanese are the best at technology right now 3nodding

But China does not have the technology level that japan has but China is getting there, which is very scary to think about.

Because China is not a democracy and having a dictatorship leading the technology race is very bad......  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Iconised Ghost
aprilness
Hmmmm...I've lived for a very short time, and in that time Japan's always been in the lead for technology. Or China, I suppose.

I'm not sure who the torch will pass to next. confused Somewhere we never could have expected?

New Zealand mrgreen that would be unexpected. Although you never know, we did split the atom ^-^ Well, one of us did

I actually was going to suggest New Zealand or Australia...I know New Zealand is independent, I wasn't lumping them together =p just geographically thinking, you know.

EDIT: @Artanus: Did you say you're only 14?

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:08 pm
aprilness
Iconised Ghost
aprilness
Hmmmm...I've lived for a very short time, and in that time Japan's always been in the lead for technology. Or China, I suppose.

I'm not sure who the torch will pass to next. confused Somewhere we never could have expected?

New Zealand mrgreen that would be unexpected. Although you never know, we did split the atom ^-^ Well, one of us did

I actually was going to suggest New Zealand or Australia...I know New Zealand is independent, I wasn't lumping them together =p just geographically thinking, you know.

Its ok ^_^ some ppl take that stuff really seriously u know O_O i just say "oh im an immigrant, i dont care biggrin " but other people get really up tight  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:20 am
Iconised Ghost
aprilness
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

Its ok ^_^ some ppl take that stuff really seriously u know O_O i just say "oh im an immigrant, i dont care biggrin " but other people get really up tight

Yeah, I definitely get that. It's no different than if people tried to say Canada belonged to the US or the other way around xp ...People would probably get pissed about that. I don't really care personally.

What does bug me though is when people say "I speak American." xD I hate that. "American" is not its own language, we speak English...although we definitely have changed the language and added slang and made it our own, American English, I suppose. We definitely don't speak like English English speakers. xd But neither does any other English speaking country. That doesn't mean Australians speak Australian.

The point of the ramble being we haven't changed the English language enough to classify it as a different language entirely. Tying this into the main discussion, how do you think language will be effected over the course of time? Like, in the future?

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:20 pm
lol i like the sneaky staying on topic thing mrgreen I would say that americans speak english, but write in american english  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:26 am
aprilness
Iconised Ghost
aprilness
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

Yeah, I definitely get that. It's no different than if people tried to say Canada belonged to the US or the other way around xp ...People would probably get pissed about that. I don't really care personally.

What does bug me though is when people say "I speak American." xD I hate that. "American" is not its own language, we speak English...although we definitely have changed the language and added slang and made it our own, American English, I suppose. We definitely don't speak like English English speakers. xd But neither does any other English speaking country. That doesn't mean Australians speak Australian.

The point of the ramble being we haven't changed the English language enough to classify it as a different language entirely. Tying this into the main discussion, how do you think language will be effected over the course of time? Like, in the future?

omgomgomg, when angel and i worked for a nextel call center, there was this one customer who was FOREVER calling in trying to get international charges taken off of her bill.

see, she kept calling canada...so we'd say "but ma'am, you CALLED CANADA" and she'd say "yeah! its part of america! so why am i being charged for it!"

stare

dumbest. woman. alive.

i mean, you'd think after the THIRD customer service rep tells you that no, in fact canada is NOT a part of america, you'd AT LEAST think "hey, maybe i should check this out..." but nope. she just KEPT CALLING.

i think maybe she was trying to get a rep as idiotic as she was. sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:23 pm
lol u should have sent her a map in with her next bill mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:30 pm
I know this will sound a little bit out there but zombies will kill us all in the future.  

thefuzz54

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:20 pm
Zipy54
I know this will sound a little bit out there but zombies will kill us all in the future.
Well Zombies from Nanobots gone wild maybe.... But if I hade to answer yes or no, it would be a no on that one.

But I could be wrong..... 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces