Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hanku Royiaki got HACKED >< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You ever been hacked?
  Yes, it sucks hard! ><
  Nope! Mules are useful!! XD
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:24 am
Hankitty
That's the weird thing about it. It DIDN'T pop up! O-o;;

do u have it turned off in your account? if you did then i think they say that you cant make a claim to get ur stuff back  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:19 pm

It's all over Gaia about how this happens.

Some script kiddie found a way so that when you click on a thread title, like in a forum, it redirects you to the hack page.

No redirect page, no link.

From what I heard they were only posting and stuff using your cookie until you hit log out, and that's without entering any of your login info.

There was another that was accually getting accounts.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:58 pm
angel_half82
Never trust anyone on the internet. If you do your soul will be crushed. evil

seriously. the only people i REALLY, REALLY trust are the ones i've met irl ((because if they ******** me over online, i can go and beat the crap outta them and they KNOW it, so they behave)). heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:31 pm
angel_half82

I never fully trust anyone online. The person I trust the most is probably Soul. I wouldn't give him my password though. But I wouldn't give anyone my password.  

Artanus

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 pm
Metalic_Noodles

Some script kiddie found a way so that when you click on a thread title, like in a forum, it redirects you to the hack page.

From what I heard they were only posting and stuff using your cookie until you hit log out, and that's without entering any of your login info.

~Metalic_Noodles

I dont understand how people can do that though. Unless they really did hack into gaia itself, which is pretty much impossible right?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:07 pm
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

I dont understand how people can do that though. Unless they really did hack into gaia itself, which is pretty much impossible right?
It's probably not all that hard really, although I'm no expert. ninja  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Hankitty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:04 pm
Iconised Ghost
Hankitty
That's the weird thing about it. It DIDN'T pop up! O-o;;

do u have it turned off in your account? if you did then i think they say that you cant make a claim to get ur stuff back

Oh-ho! Hell yeah I had it turned on! Why wouldn't I have it on? It's no nuisance to tell me where I'm going BEFORE I get there, especially on the Internet.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:01 pm
I dunno, some ppl do turn it off you know

I wouldnt have thought that it would be that easy to hack gaia. There are plenty of people on here with lots of time and a fair amount of programming knowledge and all that jazz. So if it was that easy it would happen a lot, right?  

Iconised Ghost

Hankitty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:11 pm
Well...there are a LOT of people who have accounts here on Gaia. So it probably does happen a lot, but not to our knowledge. I dunno. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:26 pm
nah, surely not. Every time someone gets hacked we always get heaps of posts in the GD going "OMG I GOT HACKED". Plus if it happened heaps wouldnt the mods just close the whole site until it was secure? And thats never happened  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:25 am

Not so much a hack or crack as an expliot I'm told.

Word is there was a nice, big, gaping hole in the post friends things.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:45 pm
o really? how is that supposed to work? You shouldnt post friends things? Or you shouldnt accept them? or no matter you do you could be targetted?  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:17 am

It's a post action, and I think it's by using it in thier post, or the thread's first post, that they and worm thier way past Gaia's security, like say the redirect script, or even where the thread title on the forum list takes them.

Just a hole created under just the right circomstances.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:02 pm
oh eek bizarre

I still think gaia would have fixed that though xd although that means that i still cant explain how Hankitty lost their account  

Iconised Ghost

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:24 pm
Artanus
angel_half82

I never fully trust anyone online. The person I trust the most is probably Soul. I wouldn't give him my password though. But I wouldn't give anyone my password.
I tried to save you from being hacked and you still won't give me your password? My plot to hack you has phailed xd  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff