Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Daylight Savings Time...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D:
  :P
View Results

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:35 pm
Totally raped me in the face.

hahaha omg xD

My Saturday/Sunday was quite busy and eventful.

I went to Lieha and Charles and Mozes' house [they share an apartment but yea] and Charles left for work and so Leiha and Mozes and I found a ride to our friend's birthday party.

We went to Christy's and her party was a lot of fun. She turned 36 [she's kind of....for lack of a better word slow. But she's really sweet and fun] Mozes and I went outside when it got too crowded and sat on the curb with Jessie and Krysta and he played folk music on his guitar xD It was fun.

At nine when Charles got off work he went back to their house and picked up their neighbor Brandon and came and picked up Leiha and Mozes and I and we headed into town to go to Gamestop because last night was the release for the new Mario Supe Smash Brothers game.

It was actually fun even though I don't like video games. We sat outside in the freezing cold and waited for three hours[cause the time changed Dx] and Mozes and I talked about cool books.

Some people brought a projector and their gamecube and one of the Super Smash Brothers games and Charles and Brandon were playing against a bunch of people. It was fun to watch.

We had to walk about ten blocks to find an open restaurant to use the bathroom xD

And then we went back to the apartment, ate dinner, and the guys plays SSB until about 2:30 [technically 3:30 since we hadn't changed the clocks] I was asleep by then but Charles woke me up to ask where I put the Wii controller.

And then I was going to sleep on their futon and Mozes sleeps on their couch anyway so we stayed up until the clock said 5:50 [which I now realize was 6:50]

I went to sleep and didn't wake up until 8:53 as Mozes was leaving to his church and Charles was leaving to work I freaked out and got a ride with Charles, having to get dressed at the church xD which was exciting and hilarious. Though I was, thankfully, actually teaching sunday school second service today.

So yea.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:27 am

I thought only some places were changing a few weeks early. (I think they said three, but it's in two weeks that spring starts, NOT MARCH FIRST YOU RETARDS!) (retards=media)

I descided to not switch mine until Gaia does, because if Gaia switches after me I'll be confused as hell(Gaia and other forums, I'm assuming, will change about the same time). That's even if I changes my timezone in my profile to fix it, because then I'd have to move it back, AND if I don't fix it for those weeks, for ovbious reasons.

Has Gaia switched yet?

EDIT:
Yep, crap. This will be a pain.

Also, what's the point of loosing sleep just so you can get an extra hour in 6 months? Like hiding your computer for six months, pointless self tourture.
The whole thing is beyond idiotic. lol, energy conservation? Ever thought about all the energy used to figure this out, or convinse people that switching to third shift because they don't like working with the sun down isn't allowed because everyone is conspiring to confuse us so we are basically immobile as a whole for at least a few weeks. rolleyes

geezzz I know some people that take months trying to sort out thier meeting times on thier pompiolet.

It's pointless, but beyond pointless since we have to accually put forth extra effort just to prove how dumb we are as a race. gonk

I could go on... but instead of loosing what little sleep I barely get, I'll try to get to bed by 4 *cough*fakefiveam*cough*. stare
~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:32 am
i think that we dont change our clocks until the 22nd march my birthday! ^-^ I think we change them...forwards, so it gets dark later and light earlier for a while. So we... gain an hours sleep? I think >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:36 am
Iconised Ghost
i think that we dont change our clocks until the 22nd march my birthday! ^-^ I think we change them...forwards, so it gets dark later and light earlier for a while. So we... gain an hours sleep? I think >.<

no, my point is, you set them forward and lose an hour. You gain an hour in the fall time. xD  

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:52 am
Yeah, it hit me hard too. xd

My friend was on a trip all week, so we went to chill at her house last night when she got back, and I had to be home by whatever time. (I already forgot, sad huh?) So I kept looking at her clocks, thinking, "Ok, I got 1 hour left." I didn't bother to look at her computer. Then my mom calls at whatever time, and says, "Where the hell are you???!!!??" I'm like, "I got an hour lef----*checks closest clock: computer* Shoot, Emiko didn't change her clocks yet."

Then my schedule for my meds got off, and I was so messed up.
I prefer the Fall time change. Much easier.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:34 pm
damn i hate daylight savings  

genji_90

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 pm
No matter how many times people have explained it to me, I still don't understand why Daylight Savings Time is important. All it's done for me so far is messed up my schedule.

And Midori, I love your new avi. biggrin You changed your hair/skin!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:53 pm
aprilness
No matter how many times people have explained it to me, I still don't understand why Daylight Savings Time is important. All it's done for me so far is messed up my schedule.

And Midori, I love your new avi. biggrin You changed your hair/skin!

Aw, thanks. I got sick of being a vampire. No more blood to suck. xD
Hair was old too.

Yeah, it just screws us all up. Why have it?  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Artanus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:29 pm
My family is always on top of these things. It;s never a surprise. I thought I woke up really early Sunday morning though because I forgot to change the clock.

I hate the second DST

I like going back and hour though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:21 pm

I think the original idea was that so 7pm was alway light out, and 9pm was always dark.

Unfortunatly people are idiots and desided, that not only can we accually live the same hour twice, but that ******** with people is fun, and saves paying the tv bill and energy costs. Damn bastards.

I'm a fan of picking the time the sun rises, say, 7am, and the time it sets is say, 7pm. And that's how it always is. Night and day hours shorten/lengthen different times of the year, and it's a whole lot simpler. (Basically sundials)

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:46 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost

no, my point is, you set them forward and lose an hour. You gain an hour in the fall time. xD

It is fall time here O_o mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:15 am
We dont get it until the 30th of march... But I've never missed anything because of it...  

Ketake 2.0

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 pm
Iconised Ghost
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost

oh... I thought you were in the northern hemisphere.

@ket: haha yea. I haven't before this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:05 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost

oh... I thought you were in the northern hemisphere.

@ket: haha yea. I haven't before this.

nope, definately southern mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas