Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hope she doesn't have an expensive car... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you take driving lessons?
  Yep, it helped.
  Yep, but it didn't really help...
  Nope, but I didn't need it.
  Nope, but I wish I had...
View Results

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:28 pm
MissMunchieMonster
jfm567
driving is extremely simple.

Not for me. At least not now. ^_^

youll get used to it really quickly.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:36 pm
k, thanks for the encouragement. ^_^  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:12 pm
i NEVER wanted to drive. even now, i drive like a little old lady.

i didn't even take my driving test until i was 18 and only took it then because i knew i HAD to drive to go to college.

when i was 16 and got my permit, i DELIBERATELY "forgot" my wallet in a holiday inn in california just so my daddy wouldn't try to make me practice driving on the interstate while we were on vacation. sweatdrop

never took driver's ed as they didn't offer it @ my school. my daddy ATTEMPTED to teach me and then mama quietly taught me on the weekends how to ACTUALLY drive. 3nodding

first time i took the real test, i failed. crying the lady was a b***h and asked me to parallel park IN A CURVE. confused i was like "uh...what?"

second time i took it, i had a very nice tester who talked to me the whole time and kept me distracted so i didn't ******** up. i think i was GOING to fail again anyway, but then i told him that i HAD to pass so i could go to college and how i already had my car and parking pass and how i HATED driving...he got out a new scorecard thing and magically, i passed. xd

i still get ripped on for driving "like a little old lady" by angel and my friends, but i just think of myself as a cautious, CAREFUL driver ((and i never go below the speed limit or anything...i don't take forever in turns and always use my signals, so i really don't see how i drive like some old person)). i've never had a wreck except when i spun out on an icy bridge ((and i was only going 10 miles an hour...my car just wasn't heavy enough to make it crying )), so i think my driving speaks for itself!

nya!

anyway, just be calm. breathe, take your time, TELL THEM you're nervous and it'll be fine. heart

((also, i'd like to say that despite my bumpy start in parallel parking, i am now the QUEEN of it and can park ANYWHERE! however, i still suck a** in parking garages...too many concrete pillars and idiots whipping around corners...))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:58 pm
I think my friends will also bug me about driving like an "old lady" because I know I'll be cautious.

And your second tester let you talk? I didn't think you could do that cause a friend of mine said that they take off points for talking. When he told me that my heart sank, it was like there goes my salvation (I'm overly dramatic...) cause I need someone to talk to me when I'm nervous cause if he or she is quiet it builds up this tense atmosphere that I'm sure won't help in that situation. Hopefully my tester will be nice, too. And I'll take your advice and let them know how I'm feeling so maybe they'll be patient.

My dad is an awesome driver, but he's a bit reckless sometimes and there's no way I can drive like he does. Sometimes he pulls off moves that I didn't think where possible with a car. He's got amazing reflexes. Traits I hope I inherited. But I didn't want him teaching me cause I just know he would get impatient with me so I chose the classes and I enjoyed it cause it wasn't nerve racking, I was actually surprised at how calm I was. ^_^

I won't be taking the driving test until I'm sure I can handle it. So more classes for me. domokun  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:44 am
My friend Eric makes fun of me for "driving slow" (as in, the speed limit) too, which is a real d**k thing to do considering his ex-girlfriend died last October in a car crash because she was speeding around a corner. -_-

I'd take driving like bluegrass (or myself) over an expensive (and possibly deadly) accident any day! Especially since there are so many asshats on the road.

My instructor that I tested with never said anything about talking being forbidden. But honestly, I was too nervous to talk. I just let him give me instructions on where to go and what to do, and focused on the road. That was enough talk for me. neutral

I took driver's ed. when I was 14 or whatever the age is where you can start taking it. Honestly, it felt like the biggest waste of time and money to me. It was boring, and I really didn't learn a thing about driving...just a lot of statistics and things like that. And I barely got to practice driving with the teacher like I was supposed to! She took the other kids driving 3 or 4 times each and I got to drive...maybe twice during the whole course? stressed

I didn't take my test until I was...18, I think. I was just about to turn 19. And I'm 19 now. xD So I've only been driving for...maybe four months. sweatdrop

I really do hate driving. I'm not generally crazy about cars. I hate paying for gas and insurance. I don't like the idea of possibly crashing. I hate bad roads (and Michigan is full of them). >_> But it's kind of important, because I really feel bad making other people chauffeur me around.

I was really nervous about failing because two of my friends failed on their first try, and my sister's ex-boyfriend failed the first two or three times he took it. O_o But he...he's pretty flaky. ninja And my friend Jessica, who is turning twenty in July, still doesn't have her license. eek She never took driver's ed. or any classes, she failed her first try...and hasn't tried again yet. Honestly, the thing about my test that made me most nervous was parallel parking. I practiced it a lot before the test, and I did fine, but I still hate doing it. I haven't even attempted it since I got my license.

I have heard that the test administrators HAVE to fill a certain quota of failing test-takers per period of time. It sounds ridiculous, and I don't know if that's at all true, but I've heard it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:04 pm
Parallel parking I'm sure will give me problems, but that's why I'm going to practice it before I do the driving test.

I hope I can pass it on my first try, but if I don't I won't kill myself over it, I'll just try harder for the next time.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items