Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Spring Break and how you spend it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spring Break?
  Overrated
View Results

hotbabe125

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:44 am
I'd love to do volunteer work with animals ^^ They're so cute heart Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to get my drivers licence, and my Mother won't drive me. She also doesn't like me walking outside on my own, or taking public transport on my own... And she won't come with me sweatdrop

Kind of annoying when she keeps telling me I should get out more during the holidays stare  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 am
Sorry I had to log off so soon. I missed all your responses. gonk

@ angel: *bows* Thank you very much. xD
@ Artanus: I am not old enough, I need to go through several tests including 3 polygraph screenings and a background check since elemetary school. xD Have fun with your friends.
@ Noodles: That is still a bad idea, even if we do spay/neuter them. We would pay all that money, just to have them hit by a car or used in a fight or something.
@ jfm: lol, I can't do that. Then I'll be considered a brat and they'll "fire" me. Yes, they can "fire" you even if you don't work there. They fired my friend after an adopter complained of rudeness.
@ churrlo: lol, better go call them.
@ Saku: Nah, I just eat a really big breakfast, come home, take a shower, stuff myself with more food, and hang out on Gaia. Who needs a lunch break? xD

Wow, very nice Spring break choices. whee  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 pm

You are offering your time, you don't have to be there. You should get a lunch break if you want, because it's your time.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:08 pm
[Tsukasa567]
My Spring Break was boring, I got to work 8 hours a day, and my days usually ran from 5 AM to 12 AM, so I didn't get much sleep. Made about $500 though, so it wasn't too terrible.

(Can't resist but to do this...) *Uses his Count voice*
b***h, where is my money? You've been late 4 times I've been counting!
xd  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:25 pm
Metalic_Noodles

You are offering your time, you don't have to be there. You should get a lunch break if you want, because it's your time.

~Metalic_Noodles

Yeah I know. I don't really want it though. I just thought it was funny that people were making a big deal out of it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:30 am
im sure there are legal requirements that say you have to have a certain amount of break time for every hour that you work, whether its volunteer or not  

Iconised Ghost

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:32 am
churrlo
... that just reminded me that I don't have my license and I was supposed to get that over break too... xd (I'm 1 cool

I hate auto text-to-emoticon conversion. I read this and I was like "I'm 1 little sunglasses guy? Oh, 18."

Meh. I only go to school twice a week (7 hours a day) so my so-called "Spring Break" was two days off of school. Not that exciting. And I wrote an English paper and a Spanish paper during that time. And did some other homework.

Everything else was the crap I usually do...oh, except I went out to visit my mom for two days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 am
Iconised Ghost
im sure there are legal requirements that say you have to have a certain amount of break time for every hour that you work, whether its volunteer or not

Actually no there are no legal requirements for volunteer work. You are volunteering. If you want lunch you can get up and leave. If you don't then you can continue to work. Its really cut and dry.  

angel_half82
Crew

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:48 am
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost

Actually no there are no legal requirements for volunteer work. You are volunteering. If you want lunch you can get up and leave. If you don't then you can continue to work. Its really cut and dry.

Yup. I get up and leave when I want, and they just tell me how grateful they are that I come every week. Technically I am suppsoed to be 18 before I can do any work without my parent/guardian, but they let me do it anyway because I'm one of the only volunteers.

lol, this is how I think of it:

I don't get payed> So I have no money> So I can't buy lunch for the lunch break>So that would be a waste of a lunch break. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:01 am
Well, I suppose you could bring your own lunch...

But as long as you're not starving, I don't see the big deal about it. Like it's already been said, you can leave whenever you want. It's not slave labor.
xp  

Pachelbel Canon

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 am
aprilness
Well, I suppose you could bring your own lunch...

But as long as you're not starving, I don't see the big deal about it. Like it's already been said, you can leave whenever you want. It's not slave labor.
xp

lol, if I brought my lunch, it would get all dirty. xD

I can't even eat my dinner before I take a shower because I am covered in slobber, pee, and dog hair.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost

Oooo ok >.< So its up to you to enforce your human rights, not up to them, that makes sense  

Iconised Ghost

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:17 am
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost

Oooo ok >.< So its up to you to enforce your human rights, not up to them, that makes sense

Yes, and believe me, I enforce my human rights very well. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces