Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "WYH" What's Your Hobby?
I have a pet plant. It eats caterpillars.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kizuri-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:43 am
No, seriously. We have a venus fly trap. Let me tell you something, it's a pain to feed. Sure, I SUPPOSE you could let it feed itself, but then you don't get to watch!

Ok, so I'm slightly sadistic. So sue me.

We tried to feed it flying things at first, but we didn't catch anything sweatdrop (It could have been because we used a two foot long butterfly net for three-year olds, but that's just me). So we moved to another source of food: the caterpillars hanging off the old oak tree, which we were actually glad to do since all they do is eat the tree, then grow into moths and eat clothes.

P.S. We're running out of caterpillars. Does anyone know what we can feed it that's easy to catch?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:39 pm
Hmmm...Crickets perhaps?

Not only are the easy to catch, but they're also available for about 10 cents a piece at most pet stores.  

Spyke114

leanbh_fiata

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:49 am
I used to mainly try and maim flies to feed mine... had 2 back in the day, but they both hated me and died. I think you're supposed to try and feed them live stuff (hence the maiming and not killing)... I stuck to flies, but I suppose crickets and ants might be good too.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:12 am
Ants. Just check the sidewalk for a place where they swarm, and... hm, those buggers might actually be slightly difficult to catch and keep caught, come to think of it. I think you can buy crickets at pet stores, if you can't manage to catch ants that you find.  

Liara-Shadowsong

Dante_Sonata

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:20 pm
User Image
I used to have a Venus fly trap. The papers that came with it said we could feed it bits of hamburger.
But since we had a few tarantulas, too, and we raised crickets for them, I just gave crickets to the fly trap, too.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:28 pm
I have a pet plant, too!
But he is just an ordinary (if a bit large) house plant
I really love Haku (my pet plant) and I treat him like, well, a pet
Anywho, I was just wondering if your venus flytrap has a name?

Kira Morningstar

dragon_of_emry

Shameless Capitalist

10,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:58 pm
Aurora_Melody
User Image
I used to have a Venus fly trap. The papers that came with it said we could feed it bits of hamburger.
But since we had a few tarantulas, too, and we raised crickets for them, I just gave crickets to the fly trap, too.
User Image

Yeah, you can feed it hamburger, especially raw  
"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces