Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Behold the great human empire Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:08 pm
bluegrass cat
1) there's no way we'd ever get to another galaxy. we'd have to travel faster than the speed of light and EVEN THEN it'd take forever.

False. Entanglement and Superposition in quantum physics suggest that if we are able to control people's molecules on a sub-atomic level, we may simply be able to cause them to exist in another place. Electrons are able to exist in multiple states, and even bounce off themselves. Similarly, we may be able to simply disregard the absolute location of a person, and through uncertainty force their location to be observed elsewhere.

Alternatively, we could knock a ship out of phase, move the entire universe at once so that relativity is disregarded, and then pop the ship back into existence in another galaxy. Granted only one of this type of sip could operate at a time, or they'd show up in completely random places.

Quote:

2) scientists have already talked about how since dna is actually very fragile, alien species might not HAVE dna as we know it. they could be based on something completely different and if that were true, chances of humans & aliens breeding would be slim to none.

however, i think if we ever DID discover intelligent aliens that we could communicate w/, a lot of people's first impulse would be to destroy them due to all the dangers ((better & deadlier technologies, alien sicknesses, etc)). however, i HOPE that whatever government is in charge would do the diplomatic thing, send representatives and engage in civil cultural exchanges.

i hope hope hope. 3nodding

maybe we'll get lucky and the first aliens we meet will be like the vulcans, lol. xd

That's assuming government is still in charge. For all we know, it could be corporate exploration vehicles that encounter the first extra terrestrials.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:05 pm
Exmucane
bluegrass cat
1) there's no way we'd ever get to another galaxy. we'd have to travel faster than the speed of light and EVEN THEN it'd take forever.

False. Entanglement and Superposition in quantum physics suggest that if we are able to control people's molecules on a sub-atomic level, we may simply be able to cause them to exist in another place. Electrons are able to exist in multiple states, and even bounce off themselves. Similarly, we may be able to simply disregard the absolute location of a person, and through uncertainty force their location to be observed elsewhere.

Alternatively, we could knock a ship out of phase, move the entire universe at once so that relativity is disregarded, and then pop the ship back into existence in another galaxy. Granted only one of this type of sip could operate at a time, or they'd show up in completely random places.

Quote:

2) scientists have already talked about how since dna is actually very fragile, alien species might not HAVE dna as we know it. they could be based on something completely different and if that were true, chances of humans & aliens breeding would be slim to none.

however, i think if we ever DID discover intelligent aliens that we could communicate w/, a lot of people's first impulse would be to destroy them due to all the dangers ((better & deadlier technologies, alien sicknesses, etc)). however, i HOPE that whatever government is in charge would do the diplomatic thing, send representatives and engage in civil cultural exchanges.

i hope hope hope. 3nodding

maybe we'll get lucky and the first aliens we meet will be like the vulcans, lol. xd

That's assuming government is still in charge. For all we know, it could be corporate exploration vehicles that encounter the first extra terrestrials.

LOL move the universe around the ship. The ship doesn't actually move at all. Professor Farnsworth made a ship that does that.  

angel_half82
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:21 pm
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
The only thing i have to add to this conversation is that the one thing i wish i had never learnt anything about is the universe. I remember being mildly concerned about the idea of aliens, until someone pointed out that the idea of there being no other life force out there other than us is equally as frightening. Now im a nervous wreck xd

And i want soup mrgreen

lol, what killed me when i started learning about all that stuff was ALL THE NATURALLY OCCURRING CRAZY s**t OUT THERE that can kill us. crying SCARY!

That doesnt worry me as much as the fact that the universe is dying for some reason. If i die, thats ok(ish). You know, the s**t happens kind of attitude. But if the universe dies then...whats left? O_O I dont actually understand why it is dying, but some physics guy said it was because you can calculate how much energy it is gaining and losing and apparently prove it's dying. I REALLY could have done without knowing that because now i seriously worry about it  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:32 pm
Iconised Ghost
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
The only thing i have to add to this conversation is that the one thing i wish i had never learnt anything about is the universe. I remember being mildly concerned about the idea of aliens, until someone pointed out that the idea of there being no other life force out there other than us is equally as frightening. Now im a nervous wreck xd

And i want soup mrgreen

lol, what killed me when i started learning about all that stuff was ALL THE NATURALLY OCCURRING CRAZY s**t OUT THERE that can kill us. crying SCARY!

That doesnt worry me as much as the fact that the universe is dying for some reason. If i die, thats ok(ish). You know, the s**t happens kind of attitude. But if the universe dies then...whats left? O_O I dont actually understand why it is dying, but some physics guy said it was because you can calculate how much energy it is gaining and losing and apparently prove it's dying. I REALLY could have done without knowing that because now i seriously worry about it

Blackholes are freaky as hell. If we got hit by a blackhole it would rip us apart on a molecular level.  

angel_half82
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:38 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost

And i want soup mrgreen

Blackholes are freaky as hell. If we got hit by a blackhole it would rip us apart on a molecular level.

That sounds painful. I hope it starts with my brain  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces