Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
I need help with my item quest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bittersweet Skysong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:27 am
Some people on Gaiaonline have put item quests in the charity/quest section. I would like to do that, and maybe if it works out (and maybe even if it doesn't) I might create a charity. Can someone give me some help?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:08 pm
Charity threads are quite hard to manage.
The first thing that you would need to do would be to post this in the appropriate subforum or post it in the mainforum. (This is for people who are questing Items or things)

But, onto actually helping you with your charity thread. You'll want to set ground rules. it's a lot of work, you do have to look at people who claim to have been hacked or unfairly banned, make sure their story checks out.
Make sure not to donate to beggars, spammers, or noobs. (newbs are fine, but not noobs, they don't deserve anything)
Another thing that you'll want to do, is make sure your avatar looks good enough so that the charity looks like theres enough for people.
(it's good to wear at least a 50K avatar so that the charity can start off well)
Additionally ensuring that you can earn gold or Items fast enough to supply the demand of people who will come to your charity.

Banners and especially signature images/gif files will help the thread out as well.
As for making them, really any art program will do. They do have to stand out. But a lot of the time the banners and signatures are made after the actual thread has been made.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Bittersweet Skysong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:02 pm
I don't have 50K worth items. And I don't know how to create a signature on gaiaonline either. sweatdrop Wow this is embarrassing. I don't know anything about this game... Maybe I should quit the guild and save myself some trouble so I'm not laughed at...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:09 pm
If your just questing items, it doesn't matter what your wearing. (er, unless your questing the angelic halo)
For a quest thread, it's really quite simple. Figure out what you want, and make a thread. (or for simplicities sake, edit the first post on this one.) telling people what it is that your trying to get.

As for banners and signatures. Banners are really optional and don't benefit or hurt a quest thread.
Signatures are best for if you have a contest. (that is, if your planning on giving it to other people to advertise your thread.)
Otherwise, a simple paint program can solve your signature issues.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces