Submit

which version do you play
  First edition, kicking it old school
  Second editon, I never liked the sin anyway XD
  Kinda, all and none?
View Results

AShadowsEmbrace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:52 am
Just looking for some people who would like to talk nerdy with me XD. And I'm curious to see if there are any DnD fans in this guild. If so then who is looking forward to 4.0 and who dreads it. Who here plays e1, e2, or e3.5? Whats your favorite race, class, and what was your best moment in DnD(Funniest, most extreme, highest lvl attained).  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:34 pm
Actually, what I play is a hybrid of DnD. My father just took what he liked from a couple similar role playing games and put them together. We haven't played in a while since I went away to college.

I usually play a half-elf fighter magic-user. (I told you it was a hybrid). The funniest moment I would have to say is one of the items the group had (that was given to my mom) was a cup that when you drank from it, it healed wounds. My youngest brother had been hurt in combat, so he asked my mother for the cup. Right after he asked for it, he burped. Loudly.  

Nova Firespiral

Unsealed Prophet

Ladieburd

6,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:54 pm
I only started playing about a year and a half ago, and I got taught on 3.5, so that's generally what I play. My DM isn't really looking forward to 4.0, so I'm guessing we're going to stick with 3.5.

I'm still kind of experimenting with different races and classes, but my favorite characters were a human war cleric and my current character, a human rogue mechanic. I don't necessarily have one favorite moment, but we get off track a lot during games talking about stuff that isn't game related, but there was one time that we were doing a future campaign and the ship we were on had everything in Korean and none of the characters could read it/speak it, not even the pilot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:42 pm
I've been playing D&D off and on for years. Starting with first edition, then to second edition. I currently started a group here at the university where I work and we are playing 3.5 rules. All my players are relatively new to the game so it's alot of fun.
I'm not sure if I like the 4th edition rules. I almost feel it's just another way to get a few dollars more out of the fan base, but I could be wrong. I've talked to a few people that tell me that the 4th edition rules look great and that they will streamline the game again, but to me, 3.5 gives a level of detail that I like and if some rule is to much or I just don't like it, I discuss changing or dumping it to my group. I really don't see the need for a 4th edtion set of rules. The game is ment to be changed by those that play, thats part of the beauty of it, no two groups or DMs are exactically alike. I remember playing first edition and having to make up rules to cover situations that weren't in the rule books. The key was to be consistant. Once you make a rule, stick to it.
Anyway......
Over the years I've had numerious characters and tons of great game sessions.  

Baronmusashi

"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff