Submit

make a new crystal?!
  yes
  no
View Results

jadeorleans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:27 pm
they remade the originals red + blue
into firered & leafgreen for the new systems..
i don't think anyone can say they didn't look 1000x better

my personal favorite is pokemon crystal
[the first game where you could choose a female character!]

but playing it on my old gameboy advance is really killing me.
instead of remaking games like gold or silver,
they made pokemon diamond & pearl
[which i love don't get me wrong]

i just think it'd be awesome if they brought back that generation
& miltank of course 4laugh

i have way too much time on my hands so i even whipped up
what i think the female hero would look like in the new games

User Image

someone agree tell me its not just me whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:41 pm
You can obtain Miltank in Diamond & Pearl... Pokeradar on Routes 209 and south 210. 3nodding

For the third gen, you can obtain one from Pokemon Colosseum. 3nodding

In actual truth, I do want the 2nd gen games to be remade. There's tremendous evidence in Diamond and Pearl that Nintendo is considering it, but no word from them. confused  

Nadian
Crew

jadeorleans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 pm
this is true, but not in regular game play.
you can't get those pokemon until you've already beaten the elite 4 etc
& yeah you never really know what nintendo is going to do
they seem to be pretty occupied with pokemon platinum  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:54 pm
I would love to see the 2nd gen games remade as well.. Of course, it's not like I *need* more gaming goodness to distract me or anything. razz

But it would be fun to go through those again. I had silver, but I never actually finished it because my cartridge mysteriously disappeared at one point... And I never bought another one. By the time I was ready to play again, Ruby & Sapphire had come out, and the boy I was dating bought me a GBA SP to replace my regular GBA. So I treated myself to Sapphire in December of 2003 before I went to Florida to meet my biological family for the first time... I needed a good, engrossing game to distract myself on the plane and to escape with when things got too stressful meeting people.

Yeah, okay. Back to the original point. Definitely want to see 2nd gen remakes. I want to go back and finish the 2nd gen. razz  

jess_squared

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:59 pm
jess_squared
I would love to see the 2nd gen games remade as well.. Of course, it's not like I *need* more gaming goodness to distract me or anything. razz

But it would be fun to go through those again. I had silver, but I never actually finished it because my cartridge mysteriously disappeared at one point... And I never bought another one. By the time I was ready to play again, Ruby & Sapphire had come out, and the boy I was dating bought me a GBA SP to replace my regular GBA. So I treated myself to Sapphire in December of 2003 before I went to Florida to meet my biological family for the first time... I needed a good, engrossing game to distract myself on the plane and to escape with when things got too stressful meeting people.

Yeah, okay. Back to the original point. Definitely want to see 2nd gen remakes. I want to go back and finish the 2nd gen. razz

I want them remade for a few reasons:

1) I never got to play through Gold / Silver / Crystal in the first place

2) A remake should be an excellent way to obtain usable Ho-oh, Lugia, and possibly even Legendary Beasts! (I would prefer to obtain them this way versus Pokemon Colosseum.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:08 pm
Nadian
jess_squared

2) A remake should be an excellent way to obtain usable Ho-oh, Lugia, and possibly even Legendary Beasts! (I would prefer to obtain them this way versus Pokemon Colosseum.)

Seriously. I don't even *have* Colosseum anyway. razz The only system I own right now is my DS...  

jess_squared

jadeorleans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:25 pm
haha i know!
i don't have collosseum either..
all i would have is a ds lite but i found my boyfriends old gameboy advance buried in a draw so ive just been going to town wink

&oh man, that sucks
besides graphics,
gold/silver/crystal were pretty solid games  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:36 am
Nadian

G/S did add a lot of the important things that later games have kept and improved upon. (breeding, berries, the ability to challenge someone without connecting to them every time, and likeness)
The fact that G/S is the only game to include 16, covering all pokemon types except Ground and Ghost (From R/B/G the Earth badge was Blue with a great variety team, and Ghost). gym leaders, the elite 4, and One person at the very end of it all (Red) plus having 2 areas to search (Johto and Kanto) makes them seem to be one of the larger games in single cart mode than most of the other games.
It included the first version of legendaries running round an entire area (The Legendary beasts).
And has apparently (with a few exeptions) been one of the most influential games for adding pokemon. (D/P did a lot of additional evolutions...Which G/S did first with Kingdra, Crobat, all the baby pokemon, Espeon and Umbreon, et al.)
It didn't have quite as many moves, or pokemon to get to complete the dex as the later games. (but that makes sense)
I think that if they do remake Gold and Silver, all they'd really be doing would be the same as FR and LG, updating the graphics, adding a few more recent moves, change a few of the capturable pokemon, and including the ability to trade with the more recent generations.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces