Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
The BBL - Baby Battling League

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jess_squared

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:45 pm
So, Goddess Lia and I were doing some Wi-Fi stuff this afternoon. One of our battles wound up being with several of her freshly-hatched babies by accident.

This got us thinking...

What if we were to battle with only freshly-hatched babies?

Thus, the BBL was born.

Now this gives breeders another layer of challenge when breeding their Pokemon. Can you get the best traits in there for a freshly-hatched lvl 1 baby to win against another one? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:54 pm
Yes, like jess_squared said.

Rules:

arrow NO Held Item allowed
arrow Recently Hatched for battle Lv.1
arrow Hatched for Nature, Abilities and EV
arrow ALL Pokémon hatchlings allowed
arrow Eevee is allowed in BBL and Eevolution battles
arrow No PP-up on the attacks
arrow No Carbos, Protein, Iron, Calcium, or Zinc
arrow No HP-up

Eevolution Battle:

arrow All Eevee evolution allowed for this category
with the exception of Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon and Glaceon since they need to lv to evolve
arrow Only one TM or HM allowed on the eevee's for the reason that they don't get many attacks from the parents

Battles:

arrow Singles
arrow Double
arrow Free

This Baby Battle League is for fun and as a challenge.

exclaim We may change the rules of the allowance of certain Pokémon in the BBL.

Firts Battle: took underway and it was success.  

Goddess Lia

Shadovvstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:24 pm
I don't see why held items aren't allowed. Wouldn't they make the battles a little more interesting? (Baby Polywag Belly sweep w/ salac ftw) Also, EVs are gained by training, not by breeding. Just clearing that up.

Also, are evolutions allowed if they are evolved by methods other than leveling up?

So only the three stone Eeveelutions are allowed? Because 4 of them require a level up to evolve. Or is this a seperate section?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 pm
Actually Ev is there cause when you breed you have the random placement of 4-6 in the stats it's never always 6's.

As for eevee it's only for the three stones since we are asking for lvl 1 hatchlings

and held items will give advantage over the other player  

Goddess Lia

jess_squared

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 pm
Without items it's even more of a challenge to breed really good babies, which is part of the aim here... Just how well can one baby trump another baby. biggrin

I think it's more fun that way...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:52 pm
there is no lvl 1 hacthlings their always lvl 5 X3  

Fire Wolf Ifrit

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:48 pm
Fire Wolf Ifrit
there is no lvl 1 hacthlings their always lvl 5 X3

Uh exclaim question xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:18 pm
@Lia: The differing numbers of 4-6 are caused by IVs, not EVs. EVs are gained through fighting certain pokes or through the medicine items (not sure if it would have any effect at level 1...), IVs are gained through breeding. Also, how will items give an advantage over the opponent? Both players can hold items, so I really don't see the problem there. And you didn't answer my evolution question...

@jess: IMO having items would make the battles much more interesting, having the babies contend with similar strategies as their adolecent forms. It would largely widen the strategy and battle possibilities.

@Ifrit: In DP, all pokes are hatched at level 1. In all the predecessing games, they are hatched at level 5.

I also don't see why there is a limit on TMs/HMs/PP-ups. At least give us a chance to make something out of what little we have. PP-ups I sort of understand, as they are hard to come by and not everyone might have enough, but TMs/HMs? I don't get it.  

Shadovvstar

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:01 pm
If it evolves by stone and stays lvl 1 it's accepted.
no other evolutions allowed.
But eevolution battle may change later on to allow the other evolutions

As for the HM/TM for eevee, is that they get few attacks,
for example out of my whole eevee army lvl 1 except the ones that evolved have learned attack, but in lv 1 i only have one that knows bite, sand attack which took me more than 17 eggs to get it., all other have tackle, helping hand, baton pass.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:10 pm
XGShadowstar
@Lia: The differing numbers of 4-6 are caused by IVs, not EVs. EVs are gained through fighting certain pokes or through the medicine items (not sure if it would have any effect at level 1...), IVs are gained through breeding. Also, how will items give an advantage over the opponent? Both players can hold items, so I really don't see the problem there. And you didn't answer my evolution question...

@jess: IMO having items would make the battles much more interesting, having the babies contend with similar strategies as their adolecent forms. It would largely widen the strategy and battle possibilities.

@Ifrit: In DP, all pokes are hatched at level 1. In all the predecessing games, they are hatched at level 5.

I also don't see why there is a limit on TMs/HMs/PP-ups. At least give us a chance to make something out of what little we have. PP-ups I sort of understand, as they are hard to come by and not everyone might have enough, but TMs/HMs? I don't get it.

Maybe once we get this going we can refine things and have a class where items and/or TMs/HMs are allowed.

For now, it's strictly your skills at breeding. If a baby learns a TM in the breeding process that's fine. You just cannot teach a baby anything they don't have upon hatching.  

jess_squared

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:47 pm
Spreading BBL between my friends in college.

Reviving BBL Thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:32 am
I just hatched a bunch of babies last night, actually. I move to Davis on Sunday, and will have some time before school starts at UCD to actually play. Which gives me a few days to pay attention to just exactly how I'm breeding my pokemon so my level one babies don't like.. Totally suck.

I should be ready to battle again by Tuesday at the latest.  

jess_squared

"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff