Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Great Workouts! ~Also share your own routines and success~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Need to workout?
  definitely..
  No thanks.. (Lazy)
View Results

Illefyia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:04 pm
Mrs Hero
EDIT: I've officially tried the dropping coins. Oh my goodness. I got to step three and I had to drop my arms for a few seconds. It's actually brutal.

IT IS! I just tried it. I got to about the middle of step 4 and crashed...lol. I guess that means it's a good workout though, right? whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:09 pm
Illefyia
Mrs Hero
EDIT: I've officially tried the dropping coins. Oh my goodness. I got to step three and I had to drop my arms for a few seconds. It's actually brutal.

IT IS! I just tried it. I got to about the middle of step 4 and crashed...lol. I guess that means it's a good workout though, right? whee
I just bombed at the 3rd step, my little sister was counting the seconds but kept saying 14 over and over. x.x  

galswingirl

Dapper Businesswoman

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150

R0ssby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:40 pm
galswingirl
Illefyia
Mrs Hero

I just bombed at the 3rd step, my little sister was counting the seconds but kept saying 14 over and over. x.x

Baha, what an evil little sister!
I keep trying to get past step three and I can't at all. If you really take the agonizing overhead clap to heart then the rest of it really is super difficult to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:05 pm
Mrs Hero
galswingirl
Illefyia
Mrs Hero

Baha, what an evil little sister!
I keep trying to get past step three and I can't at all. If you really take the agonizing overhead clap to heart then the rest of it really is super difficult to do.

Methinks I got pooped from doing it wrong (?).  

Lori Shiina

Speedira

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:25 pm
Man I'm sore from doing those! xD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:04 am
I've just done the arm exercise and managed to get to the end but it was difficult for me to do the overhead claps as we have really low ceilings in our house. I'm not sure if I did enough but I was aching when I moved onto the next step.
My shoulders feel really heavy now.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

lilrava920

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 pm
something else most people forget about is swimming!many gyms have indoor swim pools...its far more gentle on your joints and you can always ask the gorgeous lifeguards for some pointers to make you better!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:09 am
nice but the clap thing did nothing for me.maybe i did it wrong.
Here is two workouts you can do while sitting on a chair in front of you computer: raise your legs off the ground and hold them for as long as you can.
for this next one your chair needs arms: put but feet on the ground, then put your arms on the arms of your chair then raise yourself , come back down but dont touch the seat do it as many times as you can, andevery time you do it increase your limit by one, if your chair doesnt have arms , put your arms on both sides of the chair and raise yourself with your arms and hold it for as long as you can, when you reach more than 5 min you can stop doing that exercise and find a new one  

ifeworan

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:54 pm
I barely finished step 4 of the dropping coins thing... my arms are still sore.

Really good abs workout:

Lay down on the floor with your knees bent and reach behind you to a table leg (or bedpost, in my case).

Pull your knees up to your chest and then put your feet back on the ground again.

Start with 25 if you're in average shape. Try to do more when you're able!

TIP: After you're done, don't sit up. Just roll over onto your side. Otherwise, you will feel excrutiating pain.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm
My personal favorite running workout: Sprinting Hills x] I highly suggest you try it sometime if you're a runner. Just go out and find a hill - keep in mind that the shallower the slope of the hill, the farther you should run up it. Then just start at the bottom, sprint up, keep good form, walk down, and then go right back up again. Though if the hill's really steep, take 10-15 seconds between hills. Try it sometime - it's really quite fun.
And if you have a wide hill, then try this workout: stride ( 80% of your top speed or so) along the bottom for a certain distance, sprint up the hill when you reach a certain point, turn once you hit the top of the hill and stride in the oppsite direction, turn when you hit a certain point and run down the hill in big strides, then turn and stride along the bottom of the hill again. Repeat this process for ten minutes straight. It's a good and painful workout.

... Sorry if this was too wordy...

Sforzando Poco

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:43 pm
Faith Heights
**If you cant complete a single pull up, then do a arm hang istead. Jump onto the bar with your chin over the top of the bar, hold yourself their as long as you can, and do the same exact routines but by hanging instead. when you can finally accomplish Pull ups start doing them even if you can only accomplish 1 or 2.

In school, if we can do an arm hang for seven seconds,
it is equivalent to one pull-up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:11 pm
i hike.
and the mery-go-round is a great way to loose the pounds,not kidding.  

never-had-a-life-

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:05 pm
This thread has actually helped me a lot on my weight lose goals,so thankies! :'D  
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff