Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
not sure, help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

twinkledoo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:12 am
hi. I think I have too much fats around here(haha) and so I wanted to ask for some help.
I don't really know if I am really overweight. I have a height around 5'6 and weight of about 58kg(as of now, since I only started school days ago, so i really filled myself during summer). I think I weigh much for a 14 year old, right? So, what I'm doing now is bloating myself with water(of course I still eat. Xp) and taking off sodas on the menu. I'm sure that I'll drop weight before classes end again, but only about 5kg. So, we have this P.E class and it's on badminton and table tennis, do you think it'll drop my weight at about 7kg? And, what should I do to increase the weight loss?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:14 am
and oh, I'll try exercising every Saturday. So what else can I do? I don't quite understand the calorie thing. if someone's so kind to explain how i can do that, i'd be really glad. ^^  

twinkledoo

fire wolf1234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 pm
umm... eat salad with no ranch. ^^ the ranch has fat... I think. It has something in it that makes you gain wait.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:11 am
Weight loss is all about burning more calories than you take in. But don't starve yourself or anything like that. On average, women should get about 2000 calories a day to maintain their current weight. Since you're wanting to lose weight, you should get less than that. But, if you get up in the morning and do some sort of cardio/aerobic excersize (such as running, jogging, etc) and drink a full glass of water as soon as you get up, you boost your metabolism. This helps you burn fat and not lose muscle.

Also, eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. The whole idea of 3 square meals a day is not conclusive to weight loss. Try eating smaller portions (about the size of your fist) of some sort of protein, vegetables, and carbohydrates (complex, not simple-- like whole wheat pasta instead of sugary junk). Try to eat every couple of hours. Even if you only have like a piece of fruit or some yogurt or a salad. Any little bit you eat only helps to speed up your metabolism. This is how I've been eating (or at least trying to) for the past 6 months, in addition to going to the gym 5 to 6 days a week. And I've lost 30 pounds. Not sure how many kgs that is.

Hope this helps  

Deppfan

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:17 am
deppfan
Weight loss is all about burning more calories than you take in. But don't starve yourself or anything like that. On average, women should get about 2000 calories a day to maintain their current weight. Since you're wanting to lose weight, you should get less than that. But, if you get up in the morning and do some sort of cardio/aerobic excersize (such as running, jogging, etc) and drink a full glass of water as soon as you get up, you boost your metabolism. This helps you burn fat and not lose muscle.

Also, eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. The whole idea of 3 square meals a day is not conclusive to weight loss. Try eating smaller portions (about the size of your fist) of some sort of protein, vegetables, and carbohydrates (complex, not simple-- like whole wheat pasta instead of sugary junk). Try to eat every couple of hours. Even if you only have like a piece of fruit or some yogurt or a salad. Any little bit you eat only helps to speed up your metabolism. This is how I've been eating (or at least trying to) for the past 6 months, in addition to going to the gym 5 to 6 days a week. And I've lost 30 pounds. Not sure how many kgs that is.

Hope this helps

Ok, I just did an online conversion. At 5ft 6, you're 127 pounds. That's right where you should be. I'm 5 ft 4 and weigh 164 lbs (74 kgs) I did weigh 194 (almost 88 kgs). You shouldn't worry about losing weight, just toning up and turning any excess fat you have into lean muscle.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:17 pm
thanks a bunch to all! especially to deppfan!  

twinkledoo

"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff