ATTN: Wellwisher (RE: Collecting Plan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:02 pm
So, if I understand correctly, you have Pokemon Diamond and none of the other games. It also sounds like you don't intend to obtain other / older games but you still want to obtain all of the pokemon if possible, right?

I'm mostly wondering about the previous gen legendaries, you needing them, and trying to combine that need with a project my brother is doing. See, he needs two extra Master Balls. I figure I'll have one for him when I play through FireRed to obtain the 1st gen legendary pokemon for My Pokemon Ranch... but if you wanted them from me, I could play through a second time, getting Articuno, Zapdos, Moltress, and Mewtwo for you and the Master Ball for my brother, assisting both your projects.

(Granted, they won't be as "cheap" as the eggs I got for you, but I'd hope you would still find the price to be great...)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:18 pm
I don't have anyone else that would have the legendaries. but If necessary I wouldn't really ave any problem with buying pearl as an outlet for running through multiple times to obtaining things for others.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Emerald, or Sapphire. I'm quite poor at the moment, and spent most of my game money for the year already on Mario Kart Wii, Brawl, Diamond, leaving me with very little money for the rest of the year for games.
I know that if given the chance at any of the games for...you know, 10 dollars or less each, I'd probably go for it, but If I don't get a deal that good, I probably won't consider buying any of them except for pearl.

as for the masterball thing, depending on where it is in the game, it's possible that I might not even need mine. (due to, both working on a team designed purely for capturing and weakening pokemon for capture, and that there are other ways of getting legendaries. but, since the internet is a unreliable way of getting legitimate legendaries, it is difficult to know when trading from strangers that do not admit to what is and isn't legit.)

From that, and your list on legit, semi legit, and non legit. Is there any way of telling the difference between a legit and a nonlegit pokemon?  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Shadovvstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:12 pm
From what I know, there is no real way to see the difference between a legit and a semi-legit pokemon, besides the date it was obtained if it was an unreleased event.

As for determining the difference between legit and hacked, there are several hack-checkers that can sift through the pokemon's hex data in order to determine it. That, and common sense, if the pokemon is stupidly hacked. (IE: Mew hatched at level one in the Mystery Zone.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:13 pm
It depends on what you consider legit. There are many people out there that don't mind cloning ; they don't consider that to be something that makes a pokemon / item no longer legit. Pokemon like that will be completely indistinguishable from other pokemon.

Outside of that, about the only thing you can do is look for things which would really be impossible. For example, a Darkrai with an OT that's neither GameStp nor Japanese. It's really a case-by-case basis.

Ultimately, this is why I don't trade for pokemon that I'm looking for unless it's pretty simple. It's hard to know the source of a pokemon. confused

Now, I've mentioned all that so let me say up front that the only glitches I take advantage of aren't really glitches... I set the time forward on my DS / Wii to get around day-long limitations. Specifically...

-When I migrate pokemon from the GBA games, I'll set the DS clock forward to take care of it faster.

-When I upload pokemon to My Pokemon Ranch, I'll set the Wii clock forward to level up the ranch without waiting for an entire day.

Anyways, it sounds like I could do what I thought I could. Sounds good. 3nodding At some point we ought to make a list of pokemon you won't be able to obtain so that I can focus my efforts on those in the future as well.

Now, before I have those legendaries for you, there are a couple more pressing issues I *have* to deal with first...

-I need to get all the items out of my Japanese Diamond game so I can feel safe sending it with my brother to Japan.

-I need to take care of the Deoxys Event that's happening right now.

I might also want to take care of preparing some pokemon in the GBA games for various purposes related to going through the game over and over.  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 pm
Unrelated, yet related.
was one of your Deoxys a Timid nature?
I got a Quiet nature and would rather have a Timid nature. I was going to use it as a test subject for real powerful Pokerus training, but I can't really do it with a Quiet nature, since it cuts speed for special attack. whereas the Timid nature cuts special attack and boosts speed, and the moves that I plan on having it know, aren't physical attacks. (a trained Deoxys heavily in speed, should be able to take down 87% of all pokemon thrown at it in a single move before the opposing pokemon has much chance.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:29 pm
wellwisher
Unrelated, yet related.
was one of your Deoxys a Timid nature?
I got a Quiet nature and would rather have a Timid nature. I was going to use it as a test subject for real powerful Pokerus training, but I can't really do it with a Quiet nature, since it cuts speed for special attack. whereas the Timid nature cuts special attack and boosts speed, and the moves that I plan on having it know, aren't physical attacks. (a trained Deoxys heavily in speed, should be able to take down 87% of all pokemon thrown at it in a single move before the opposing pokemon has much chance.)

I've got a couple Timid that I might not use, but I'm not planning on giving any away until I've figured out what all I'm going to use.

On another related note, I feel kind of inspired to catch my "Obtained" up to my "Seen" in my "Living Pokedex" game ; I'll be breeding a LOT of pokemon. In fact, here's the list:

-Sandshrew (LeafGreen)
-Sandslash (LeafGreen)
-Cleffa
-Clefairy
-Clefable
-Meowth
-Persian
-Golduck
-Mankey
-Primeape
-Growlithe (FireRed)
-Arcanine (evolve)
-Kadabra
-Alakazam
-Machoke
-Machamp
-Tentacool
-Tentacruel
-Graveler
-Golem
-Rapidash
-Drowzee
-Hypno
-Cubone
-Marowak
-Chansey
-Blissey
-Seadra
-Seaking
-Mime Jr.
-Mr. Mime
-Munchlax
-Snorlax
-Dragonair
-Dragonite
-Hoothoot
-Golbat
-Crobat
-Natu
-Xatu
-Azuril
-Marill
-Azumarill
-Bonsly
-Sudowoodo
-Yanma
-Yanmega
-Wooper
-Quagsire
-Murkrow
-Honchkrow
-Unown
-Girafarig
-Heracross
-Sneasel
-Weavile
-Remoraid
-Octillery
-Mantyke
-Mantine
-Wingull
-Pelipper
-Kirlia
-Gardevoir
-Gallade
-Whismur
-Loudred
-Exploud
-Skitty
-Delcatty
-Meditite
-Medicham
-Roselia
-Roserade
-Torkoal
-Trapinch
-Vibrava
-Flygon
-Barboach
-Whiscash
-Baltoy
-Claydol
-Milotic
-Chingling
-Chimecho
-Kricketune
-Cranidos
-Rampardos
-Burmyx3
-Wormadamx3
-Mothim
-Vespiquen
-Pachirisu
-Buizel
-Floatzel
-Cherubi
-Charrim
-Gastrodon(blue)
-Ambipom
-Drifloon
-Drifblim
-Buneary
-Skuntank
-Bronzor
-Bronzong
-Chatot
-Spiritomb (Need another player / game!)
-Gible
-Gabite
-Garchomp
-Riolu
-Lucario
-Hoppopotas
-Hippowdon
-Skorupi
-Drapion
-Croagunk
-Toxicroak
-Carnivine
-Finneon
-Lumineon
-Snover
-Abomasnow

Of particular note from that list...

-Sandshrew (LeafGreen)
-Sandslash (LeafGreen)
-Growlithe (FireRed)
-Arcanine (evolve)
-Spiritomb (Need another player / game!)

Looks like you won't be able to obtain those. Just with Diamond (except in the case of Spiritomb you can do it if you have someone in real life you can meet in The Underground.) Shall I save eggs for you?  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:59 pm
...yeah, probably....  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items