Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Movies, TV, Music, and more
Is Harry Potter's Now Very Short Hair Bothering You Too?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Because it is most certainly bothering me
  YES KILL YATES
  No, I don't care.
View Results

Schoonmaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:41 pm
I mean, isn't he supposed to have "long unkempt hair" or whatever?
And why is it brown instead of black??!

Gah, I know it was like that last summer for the 5th movie also, but I had assumed it would have been grown out by the 6th movie...
But seriously, has anyone else noticed that?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:01 pm
at first it bugged me too, but then when I thought about it, he'd probably look worse with long hair. they wouldn't have made it short wihtout reason.

but who cares. he stinks as an actor anyway. in fact, i hate the guy (whoever he is) that does the script. mad he totally ruined the book!
Here's my breakdown (for all the movies in general)
special effects = 20/10
setting = 20/10
costume design = 20/10
cast (not including main trio) 20/10
appearance wise casting for main trio 20/10
acting (not including main trio) 20/10
acting of main trio 0/100000000000000000000000000000000000
faithfulness to the book 5/10
movie script (not including movie 1) -10 trillion trillion/ 10 trillion trillion

THEY MAKE RON LOOK LIKE THE THIRD WHEEL WHEN IT IS FACT HERMIONE WHO SHOULD BE THE THIRD WHEEL. THE MOVIE DOES N.O. JUSTICE TO RON'S CHARACTER AND IT OUTRAGES ME.
ron is supposed to be the fun-loving trouble maker partner of Harry Potter. the lovable best friend who rules sarcasm and know the nooks and crannies (metaphorically speaking) of the wizarding world, also having a father in the Ministry of Magic. he's the one that knows all the backdoors (metaphorically speaking). in movie 2 for example, all his lines were given to hermione. hes just the idle idiot that broke his wand and whines like a 5 year old. Rubert's acting is the best of the 3. Emma's is artificial, and Daniel's just plain stinks.

sorry for getting off topic, but just thought I'd share.

mad the script writer ruined the experience for me...

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh  

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

oHNo3

Shameless Grabber

15,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:02 am
His hair doesn't bug me much.. I did notice, tho. lol.

I don't like how they gloss over the little key parts that would actually make the movie.. it's like they took the book.. and just pulled out the parts they thought would "look" cool on film without paying attention to how leaving the parts that build up to those "cool" parts messes up the whole thing.

Its like they're just in a rush to put something out that they dont care whether its good or not.. you would think the movie makers would at least assume the watchers have actually read the books and know what belongs where.

It's just gotten to be so disappointing.

I love the books.. but the movies are a big let down.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am
I don't really care about his hair. It should be kind of long, but not too long. I thought his hair in the fourth movie was too long. And I'm going to be completely different and say I like the movies. Sure, their acting has gotten worse lately, but that's because when they were little they didn't have all that money behind them. Now they have the power of money they can do whatever they want. I know the movies don't exactly follow the books, but I learnt in media class that some scenes from the books may be too hard to film so they cut those scenes out. And when you think about it, the movies would be ridiculously long if they had every little detail from the books. They're long enough as it is. As long as they follow the main plot of the story in my opinion that makes the movie ok.  

musicmagician823

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

shelly draven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:18 pm
Ok, I have to start by saying, it really shouldn't matter. It should be about how the acting is how the script is, and in general how well the movie is made. But yes it bugs me BIG TIME. Mostly because it's supposed to be another way in which Harry is like his Dad. Also, have you noticed Hermione's hair, talk about annoying, what happened to the frizz? It's supposed to be about misfits being able to do amazing things, it's not supposed to be about misfits doing amazing things and then changing the way they look. Why do they have to change their looks as they do greater and greater things?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm
for one like the person who first posted said he is supposed to have long hair. and 2 he is way cuter with long hair.. his short hair makes him slightly ugly..  

killerbotfromspace

Movies, TV, Music, and more

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff