Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
Questing for a particular body dye

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RasielD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:22 am
Somehow I feel like I'm gonna screw this up and make it sound like I'm begging, but here goes.

I'm questing to try to get my mits on the Black Body dye. From the prices I've seen in the market, saving up gold for it might take a really long time (as of this post, I have 112 Gold and the cheapest black dye is 178k), so I'm going to try for it a slightly cheaper yet more labor intensive way, the bug/ink route. Here is what I've got so far.

Bugs
House Fly: 32
Cicadia: 2
Firefly: 12

Inks
Black: 1

To make a semi-long story short, I figure I'm gonna need a wee bit of help getting this done. So, anyone have any tips to share that might speed this along better or any other assistance that can be granted?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:30 pm
bump and update

Got 5 more black ink earlier.  

RasielD

CheevaWoW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:49 pm
How many black inks does a body dye take? (I'm a noob) razz 50 bugs per ink too... yikes!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:57 pm
For one body dye, it seems to take 500 inks of the same color (with grey being an exception, it need 250 white and 250 black).

In bug terms, that would be 25000 bugs for 1 body dye.

Also, a progress update, found some more bugs recently in the gaia towns thing and made the first trade of what I expect to be a whole lot.

7 ink bottles down, 493 to go stare  

RasielD

SpiralRabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:11 am
A few bugs coming your way.

Good luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:42 pm
@SpiralRabbit

Thanks for the offer, but I'm trying to keep the list of bugs in my inventory to a minimum by only getting the ones that make black ink. However, I have dropped by your thread. Give me a few days and I might just have a pic for ya. Check your thread as I'll be posting a few rabbit questions for you in there within the next few minutes.  

RasielD

RasielD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:18 pm
Bump and Update

13 ink down, 487 to go  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:28 am
bump  

RasielD

RasielD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:34 pm
Bump, Update and Thanks

Big thanks to Sharkworld for helping to bring my total black ink up to 19.

Also, sometime in the next few days I'll probably be updating that first post to show my current ink totals and to place up a thanks list.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:59 am

I do think I have some Black ink around here somewhere too! Sending your way ^.^

CheevaWoW

Chimaria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:18 pm
whooah 500 inks...YIKES...I'll check my inventory for bugs and ink...& I thought the elegant veil was gonna kill me eek  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 pm
Yeah, lol... that's a LOT! By the way, you didn't have to send me anything in return! but Thanks ^.^

CheevaWoW

☆ Item Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff