Do You Ever Just Not Fit In? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:44 pm
Chiagreens: I don't think the OP is saying he's trying not to fit in, just that he doesn't. He doesn't follow the crowd cause he doesn't like the stuff that comes out. With that said, there's playing the game to get a job or get ahead in life and then there's the high school "let's all like the same band and wear the same clothes even though its a waste of money" Those are two different things in my mind. So he doesn't like to party and drink or smoke, that won't affect his ability to get a job, actually it might improve them since he's less likely to get a hangover or stay up too late for work the next day. From what I see, these people aren't talking about dropping out of school or out of society but doing their own SOCIAL thing. Liking things because THEY like it and not because the whole likes it. You're bringing in a completely different topic. And by the way, the path of least resistance in this case IS to follow the crowd, and if you don't like what the crowd likes why should you go with it just because? I don't have to like hard rock just because everyone around me does.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:51 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

I choose not to fit in. I like to take stereotypes and run with them. It's kinda funny, the looks you get walking around walmart in a trenchcoat.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

lazycommie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Dark_Pisces
For as long as I can remember there's always been something about me that doesn't quite fit in with the "every day" and the "normal." I don't find it possible for me to follow things that the majority of people I know follow, e.g.: sports, politics, TV. Besides that, I've never been big into parties, drinking, smoking, or anything of that "hot-blooded" nature. I know that those are all simply indulgences and they are in no way a measure of me as a person, but I wonder. What is it that I'm looking for? Why is it that my brain is always unsatisfied? And why can't I seem to finish a story?

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Can anyone relate to my lack of linear thought? sweatdrop

Been there, done that.

Accept who and what you are. It'll work out a lot better.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 am
We have always felt that way at a ponit of our lives. Just be yourself and never change no matter what people say. I´ve done that and it works for me. When u stop caring about what other people says, u´ll be just fine.  

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200

kaynick007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:00 pm
I am myself. I try to be who I am and thats all. Whether people like me or not, thats their problem not mine. I get along with most people and I dont have to pretend to be something Im not. I dont drink or smoke or anything like that. I dont grind or do any of that grimy s**t. Im kinda preppy-ish but not really (and please dont draw conclusions about me because I just said that because Im not a prep in mannersim at all. I just like the clothes). Im different and I am who I am and I would never want to change it.

Dont try to fit in, just be yourself. People will like you for who you are and if they dont then it's their loss, not yours.

Quote:
I choose not to fit in. I like to take stereotypes and run with them. It's kinda funny, the looks you get walking around walmart in a trenchcoat.

HAHAHA rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 pm
Enjoy it, while it lasts. Being different sure beats the alternative.
Question: How do you not fit in? If you're polite, most sane people will like you.....if that's your definition of fitting in, which it sounds like it is.

Seraphicnephilim

Duke of Balls

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:24 pm
Here is my input.
I'm out of the ordinary.
i go to like 25 doctors (not even lying) and I'm a very sick teenager.
they don't think I'm going to live past 25.
so i break loose and be myself all the time.
and i have a lot of great friends.
so just be yourself, introduce yourself to people who you might not talk to usually.
broaden your horizon.
you'll be surprised at what you find.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:01 pm
Roland, been there done that. I love wlaking around Walmart and Meijers in my trench coat or eskimo coat.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Black_current_200

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 am
their are basically two situations wn a person thinks he or she does not fit in:
1.when ur intersts,likes,dislikes,hobbies etc dont match wit ur friend circle or anyone u talk to.

2.the next is wn ur so bored been normal that u start convincing urself that ur different and actually lik stuff thats out of th ordinary just to get attention  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:15 pm
"There's a wee bitty part o' ye that willna melt and flow."
- The Kelda, The Wee Free Men

I used to think it was all a part of group dynamics and that everyone would mellow over time. It turns out, in fact, that that was not the case. At least, not for me. Growing up, I was weird kinds of smart, to the point that only one other girl was my friend for all of grade school, and we didn't have much in common other than being socially awkward. I tried to find a decent social group in high school, but I was a misfit in every group - including the designated "misfit" group, which I found darkly amusing. To this day, any group I join or become a part of is pretty much guaranteed to disband in short order. My sisters don't even like talking to me, and I swear by all that is holy it isn't because I'm bitchy. Something about me just...doesn't work...with other people. Which is weird, because I like them.

I just basically have one best friend (we thrive on the fact that we're very different and enjoy a fresh perspective), many nodding acquaintances who talk to me once a year if I'm lucky, and a husband who can finish my movie quotes. I think he's the only person I can relate to.

All told, I think that's an okay way to be. I'd rather have him on my side than an army of friends bearing martini shakers. Or whatever it is you kids do these days.  

Yvaine

los_zorros_goalie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:40 am
i always feel like the odd one out at school cause while everyone is wearing cool clothes, im just wearing jeans and a t shirt. all of my friends like to be loud and hyper, i like to be quiet and calm  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:24 am
I'm quite, shy, don't smoke, don't drink, don't get high, and I'm not as funny as other people, i can be cute, I've been alone all my life, but found love in anime ^_^ through that, I've made over a hundred friends!!!
what I'm trying to say is, just find some sort of hobby, interests that you can share with others, and maybe eventually we won't be such a clam ^x^
I find weird, and different people are the most fun to be around, mostly because other people are snobbish all the time, weird people are random, and unpredictable, and entertaining XD
I feel most comfortable in an alternative school, smaller group, and more help from teachers, it's... more homey kind of ^_^; I'm more at ease here than mainstream
I've grown to recently love anime, jrock, manga, anime conventions, and i am taking up Japanese lessons eventually, so yea, i don't even belong to my real world anymore, I've grown, changed, and still am =3 it's been a slow agonizing process, but well worth it in the end :3  

nedozuki_88

Greedy Fatcat

3,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Senryoske

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 am
I have to throw this out there, here's a large number of people who believe they don't "fit in" or are "not normal" when in reality they create a group within themselves. You do fit in, just not where you're at. You follow?

Anyways.... I can't say I fit in because I am extremely strange. I do things that just don't make sense. I can go from extremely happy or something to normal to extremely angry to the point of scaring my friends. (Ever have the urge to gouge someones eye out? I have. I was so close to acting on it too.... if only it hadn't been my best friend...) however I do fit in because I am different. We're all different and that's what makes us alike.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 pm
That's how I am usually.
I have issues mastering the art of small talk. XD
I've come to terms with it though and am getting a little better everyday.
I think if you just let go of trying to be like everyone else, you might just be able to reduce their awkwardness around people.
Also, I find that if I don't throw myself at people and just let people approach me, social interaction is less painful and more natural.
Never try too hard to "fit-in" as you actually end up further alienating yourself as you start looking rather pathetic and desperate.
It's best to just relax, I suppose.

Boxed_Jam

Yeonie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:30 pm
I don't fit in, because I'm "too" antisocial for the society's standard...
I have interests that a girl (stereotypically) wouldn't have...
I'm too "agressive".
A lot of things. That, and the fact that I'm one of the few Asians living in a very caucasian-filled town, I stand out... :<

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff