Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
EIs, MCs and... some other stuff

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer...?
  Evolving Items <3
  Monthly Collectibles!
  I love them all equally.
  I think they both suck... =/
View Results

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:56 am
I'm just a little curious about peoples' thoughts on these parts of Gaia's collection of items. EIs, as we all know, are pretty darn new to Gaia. (actually only being around for roughly a year, now; they started sometime in November, I believe beginning with Fausto's Bottle) While MCs have been around Gaia since its opening, in December 2003. But which do people prefer?
To make it kinda fair, you can do two comparisons; one for EIs and MCs in general and one for EIs and MCs for this year, seeing as this year's stuff is much easier to come by.

There are a few other questions I'll toss in here, as well...

Discuss!:

- Which do you prefer? EIs or what Gaia started with; MCs?
- What's your favourite Evolving Item?
- What's your favourite Monthly Collectible of 2008? (you can hold your silence until December's Collectibles are released, if you so wish =P )
- What's your favourite Monthly Collectible of all time?

I'll stick up my opinions once (and if) I get a few replies. Try to explain why you like one over the other, though; its always nice to see opinions in greater detail. At least for me. =)

----------

Friendly Reading for Newbies Viewing:
How Not to be a NOOB 101 - Your basic "How to be a good member of the Guild" thread... with an interesting title. xD
The NEW Introduction Thread - Let's keep the main boards clean and have all your introductions in one place, ne? =)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:23 am
I liked what gaia started with before that, donation items. but you may not remember those. everything they make now sucks. And EVERYTHING cost's money now on this damn site.  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:18 am
I like some of the EI's, like the Inari's Beads, but I won't ever buy them.
And as far as the MC's go, I won't bother purchasing them either. When they were "donation items" and there were only two a month, I bought them but now Gaia's too much of a cash cow. Not to mention I lost interest in Gaia items months ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:58 am
at the moment i prefer EIs, MCs have gone pretty crappy lately. I think the last one i bought off the market place was the prism one, which is pretty, but nothing too spectacular. I kinda just like the suspense of the EIs too ^_^ I dont really have a favourite. But ive never spent "real" money on Gaia, and i probably never will  

Iconised Ghost

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:34 pm
Its the EIs for me, as well. Mainly because the MCs that have been released during the time that the EIs have been around have been pretty shoddy, at best. I was thoroughly disappointed with November's, which was what I was when they released Momo the Monkey and the UFO, too. Though luckily, I didn't buy those. xD

This year hasn't been kind to MCs, and I'm STILL waiting for my damn Elemental Halo! D< Some are good, but they aren't awesome, like some that were in the previous years.

One thing that bugs me about Gaia is the items like the Fortune Egg; you waste $5 buying something that you could have bought from a store for cheaper. But that's a completely different subject. 3nodding

I've bought stuff from the Gaia Cash Store, but most of the time, only when I know I want it. Such as with Inari's Beads. They came out at a time when I was playing ignorant to the Cash Shop... and well... we all know what came of that... *looks at Quest Thread* ... xD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tsukete

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:59 pm
I would say I prefer EIs. The MCs just aren't that great anymore, I need simple items with simple poses that I can use with versatility on my avatar, in colors that are easy to match and work with....and that's not what I'm getting out of MCs most of the time.

EIs piss me off because they're outrageously expensive if you think about it; ranging from $4 to $10? Why would I want to pay $10 for a pixel image? D: I mean I know I'm actually paying $10 for a lot of different images, posing options, etc, but still. That's over an hour of work at my job. XD I only get paid $8 an hour.

I think that Gaia should put more work into MCs, have the artists that do EIs do MCs or something. Obviously they aren't going to be as awesome as EIs in different pose options, but they should still be very easy to use in an avatar and look nice, not be all cheesy and crappy looking like that Stone Gauntlet or Lusty Scoundrel or most of the other MCs this year. They are coming out with new EIs constantly but MCs only release once a month, so they should be something we look forward to, and reflect that they had a whole month to be released.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:09 pm
jfm567
I liked what gaia started with before that, donation items. but you may not remember those. everything they make now sucks. And EVERYTHING cost's money now on this damn site.

I agree; I really haven't liked any items this year.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:56 am
Awiergan Retribution
jfm567

I agree; I really haven't liked any items this year.

This site needs to get back to its roots. A group of depressed teenagers that has $2.50 a month to buy shiny things.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:24 pm
I NEED MOAR PICOLITROSSO URNS  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:06 am
I think the Urn is a close second as a favourite in EIs, after Inari's Beads. When I got the Gen 1, I hadn't realised it didn't have all of its poses. I checked it today, and damn. I guess I just ignored that announcement they made, a while ago. xD;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:05 am
Its my favorite EI [I have a huge thing for masquerades] but I usually have trouble making it work ^^;; I want an Alruna's Rose but they're too damn expensive.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:24 am
Dr Entropy
Its my favorite EI [I have a huge thing for masquerades] but I usually have trouble making it work ^^;; I want an Alruna's Rose but they're too damn expensive.

lol I have one and I want an urn D: damn art costing so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:19 am
Besides the couple of good evolving items, I hate both of them DX So disappointed.

Inari's Beads ftw though >.>  

churrlo

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces