Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
In need of items

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Almost Mad Hatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:37 pm
look below  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:22 pm
I'll advice you check out some of the other quest threads to get ideas on how you could improve your thread. The general rule of thumb is the more effort put into your thread, the more people are likely to donate. Simply stating "look below" is unlikely to get you much interest i'm afraid.  

Sharkworld

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100

Kogane-Maru

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:26 pm
I have to agree with Sharkworld's assessment. You may think there's a sort of Zen simplicity to it, but to most people willing to donate, they see the lack of effort put into the thread. You are missing a section that says why you want these items, a section to thank people for donating to you, and a progress bar to let people know how close you are to reaching your goal. These are the things I personally look for when preparing to give out my hard earned money.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:24 pm
A well put together quest thread, with a donator list. Usually with a dream avatar or a quest bar and pretty fonts thats catches users eyes are usually the ones to get them to stick around and chat. Also making friends in the thread is the key, people are more likely to donate their hard earned gold to friends^^ Good luck.  

Mistress Evilyn Rose

☆ Item Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff