Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
N00B question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Umbra_Ingredior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:23 am
ok so im relatively new here
im really short on gold and see a couple items i would like to own but are far out of my reach

just wondering if i could get some tips on good ways to get gold quick
not asking for free gold (though it is greatly accepted and appreciated lol) but more so a way to earn it myself  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:36 am
I'm not personally aware of quickly acquiring gold. The only thing I know to suggest is to play games (Word Bump, Electric Love Faktori, Jigsaw) and to be relatively active in forums and post. C:  

We Move Like Cagey Tigers

Cross-Eyed Bear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:08 am
Use your aquarium. The Daily Chance will often give you fish, and if you put them in your aquarium, they'll get really happy. Once they are happy, the Overseer will give you items and gold, and sometimes the items can sell for 2000 gold or more... My sister got some Raptor Horns from the Overseer that sold back to the shops for a little over 6000 gold. As if that wasn't awesome enough, when your fish inevitably die, they give you items that will randomly give you a certain item. For every dead Goldfish, you get an item that sells for over 200 gold, and you may get the Goldfish Scarf, which sells for over 15000 gold.

So get some fish, feed them daily, and watch the gold pile up.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:23 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

.::Theres a faq in the top of this forum::.
here's a quickylink

Post number five has alot of great threads on how to make gaia money. ;D

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

Millay Crayne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:23 am
For someone new the FAQ is difficult to understand (part about market place), but once you get it, it's really worth it. To summarize it... buy low and sell high (starting with cheap items and going over to expensive ones).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:22 pm
When I was new, I found fishing to be a good way to earn gold fairly quickly. It costs 100 for a fishing pole, and 25 each for grade F bait. You can catch 15 fish or trash items. As long as you stick to Bassken Lake, you should be able to earn some gold fast. If you feel confident in your skills, you can venture to the other fishing spots and try for more expensive fish.  

Roland_Jamison

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

GrimSkeith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:33 am
Here are a fewways i get gold.I get 1k everyday by doing this things,you just have to be patient.

1)Post on forums until you dont get anymore gold.
2)Play the jigsaw puzzle,pick the easiest one so u get gold fast.
3)Vote and post at the arena,your sure to get a decent amount of gold.

I do those things everyday,and so far i've got 133K. I've only been playing for 3 months.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:39 pm
you could always sell stuff you no longer need.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:29 am
I find talking to others in forums,guilds,profile mgs etc is the best way to earn money.When u eventually save up a large lump of money, invest it in a MC(Monthly Collectable) or an evolving iteam.Over time these iteams will increase in value.After a while they'll be worth alot and u can sell them off for a profit.

Hope that helps! wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:57 pm
posting, buy low sell high at marketplace. play some games. the only way to get money really quick is to buy cash with real money  

Menardi9

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:00 am
Or if you have a credit/debit card, you can buy gold, as well as gaia cash.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games