Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
evolution items bought from the marketplace

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

suki_suki_lore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:32 am
Okay so today, at the marketplace, I bought the gimpi at what it said was its 6th generation. I equipped it onto my avi and now I'm confused because I checked on tektek.org and the forms I see on my avi are that of the first generation not the 6th generation (the gen. it said I was buying on the marketplace).

Can someone help me straighten this out? I'm all confused. Do all evolving items bought on the marketplace start from the first generation no matter what generation they say they are?

Also, I thought I saw a friend of mine go through a similar purchase except he had all previous forms, or maybe I'm mistaken, I have no clue anymore. confused

If anybody could help me out it'd be great. Thanks! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:59 am
Evolving Items:
To understand evolving items you need to understand two parts.
The generation is the order in which it was released from the cash shop and never changes.
The stages of evolution occur in exactly the same order no matter which generation the item is.
The only difference between the generations is that they are at different stages of the evolution cycle.

As each evolution occurs the item will gain the poses for the next stage,
this will involve losing the poses from the previous and gaining new ones.
However once an item finishes it will gain every single pose it has ever had.
The older generations will do exactly the same just after more time when they too have gone through all the stages.

So to refer this back to your post. You bought the 6th gen which has only just been released from the cash shop and hence is still on the first stage of the evolution. When you were looking at the tek tek website you were looking at the stages, rather than the generation.
As for your friend when she bought from the market place she bought a generation that had finished evolving so therefor had all the poses.
I hope that makes things clearer for you.  

Sharkworld

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100

suki_suki_lore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:30 pm
hmm... okay, I think I get it now. I guess I got confused about the generation and the stages. Thanks for clearing it up for me. You helped out a bunch! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:48 am
For your info, older generations than the first keep evolving, even after the item was removed from shop, until it has all poses.  

Millay Crayne

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff