Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:15 am
Man you all suck, I was suppose to be the only a*****e in the thread. Ruined my week.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
rofl @ Sav.

Hobo, you're an idiot. How is it possible that you can surf the Web, with nigh-infinite resources at your disposal, and not ONCE think to do some research? Who didn't know what Gaia meant? You just expect that there would be NO FOUNDATION AT ALL for a company's name? Very few companies actually make up their own names! For ******** sake, at least Wiki this s**t! Seriously.
Gaia specifically is bothersome to me. This is mythology; it's not like they just whipped out some random word from a foreign, long-dead society and bastardized it. This is the kind of s**t kids are supposed to be learning about when they talk about ancient Greece and Rome in history class, damn it.
:snarl:  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:08 pm
xxstephasaurusxxrexxx

Hobo, you're an idiot. How is it possible that you can surf the Web, with nigh-infinite resources at your disposal, and not ONCE think to do some research? Who didn't know what Gaia meant? You just expect that there would be NO FOUNDATION AT ALL for a company's name? Very few companies actually make up their own names! For ******** sake, at least Wiki this s**t! Seriously.
Gaia specifically is bothersome to me. This is mythology; it's not like they just whipped out some random word from a foreign, long-dead society and bastardized it. This is the kind of s**t kids are supposed to be learning about when they talk about ancient Greece and Rome in history class, damn it.
:snarl:

Oh yeah learning about Greek theology is the important part of their history. Give me a break their gifts to the world were not religious and there is no reason to put theology above the structure of the city states to the foundation of an empire, or the philosophical gains of the Greeks, hell I would put wine production far above their theology. You need to prioritize your studies of the Greeks, or learn something about acient civilization's accomplishments. Name one real theological accomplishment that is important.

He did do research, and thus we are here. He just didn't know it off the bat. Yeah he was wrong to assume it's new information, but he did do research, and found a very good answer. He is no idiot just not up to date on how common the information is!

I guess if I post first everyone else forgets how to be not-a-d**k about things. I expect better people, I expect better! It's no fun if we all are trolls!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:54 pm
Gaia meaning Earth is a pretty common fact, I'm just surprised you didn't know that before.

Rainbows and Polkadots

Beware Of camaro2010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:22 am
So wat's the secret???? xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:55 pm
Beware Of camaro2010

ninja The Game. Durr hurr. ninja  

Serious Erius
Crew

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:00 pm
Erius
Beware Of camaro2010

ninja The Game. Durr hurr. ninja

There is nothing I don't hate about you for making me lose  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:35 am
I'm not saying that the ONLY thing kids should learn about in ancient Greek studies is their mythology (which is not necessarily theology, even though they're intertwined.) I'm just saying that the basics of their beliefs should be explained. It puts their artistic, intellectual, and architectural contributions into better perspective and makes their actions easier to understand.

My personal priorities in historical study are irrelevant to the fact that this is meant to common knowledge rather than a secret. However upon discovering this, he obviously thought it was some kind of unknown trivia, which I find sad and inexcusable on the part of his educators.

And I'd have said the same to just about anyone else who was ill-educated on a subject when they made a post about it in a forum. Where you posted had little to do with it, even though your post did make me grin before I remembered that I was irritated.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

PukeFacedFreak

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:58 am

There's no way to be completely original. Sorry.
Unless they were like "OKAY! You, you and you, pick a letter and we'll name our website by the word we make with those letters!" But then, that'd be based on randomness, no originality. So... yeah.

And that information makes me go, "oh, that's cool," not "OH MY GOD, GAIA you are Sooo sneaky!!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 am
I think that Gaia is quite a cool name for a site like this.
I've heard of this name in several book's and tv program's before.

I think it's a brilliant name personally.

So what if it isn't origional??
Gaia mean's Earth,

And this is a Virtual World / Earth.

Groovage!

x

TieselGirl09

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers