View Results

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:36 pm
It's important for you to accomplish your goals and if you qualify for some sort of financial aid, I don't see any reason to feel embarrassed for accepting it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:58 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

Wow, that's pretty bad. And I thought I had it bad.

I'm 18, currently enrolled in community college for a degree in computer graphics. I still live at home with a mother that is rather... Well, my friends call her psyco. I am unemployed, and cannot get a job. If I get a job, me, my brother, and sister all lose our health insurance.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:11 pm
xxstephasaurusxxrexxx
Well, yeah, but I live in Florida and minimum wage is about all a student can get. I'm actually a quarter more than minimum wage, but I'm still not making enough to pay my rent... cheap or not.
I've been trying to get trained on my store's guest service desk and the food counter so that maybe they'll want to use me more, but they're hip to my plan and they're resisting.
I have to be a full-time student. I am a student before anything else, and I require of myself at the very least least four classes a semester.
I might not be able to move in with my cousin anyway, Erv. She's not a bad kid, but she's a kid. She's been coddled by her mom (even though they fight a lot) and I don't think she realizes what it takes to live on your own. She and her sister both think they can ******** up as much as they want because their parents always swoop in and save them.
I don't know if I'm eligible for food stamps or anything like that, Ala. I may look into it, but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable taking hand-outs when I know others need them worse than I do.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know lots of kids who use the food bank when they need to save money to keep from going broke.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 am
Well, if I am that would take a lot of stress off of my mom, which may help our relationship, if nothing else. I'll probably look into it... I guess I could go to the soup kitchens and volunteer to make up for it. sweatdrop
@ Ro: Yeah, that's part of the reason I hate the idea of government assistance - I once knew a woman who had SSI and food stamps, and her daughter would brag about eating a whole roast chicken by herself. stare Then that woman got a job and all of a sudden, they were on their own and struggling even harder to stay afloat.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 am
*Give's Steph a cuddle* I hope you find a solution soon smile

x

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items