Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
I prefer PC to Console

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azatos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 pm
Well this is my reasoning, I have Left 4 Dead installed on my PC right now ((Great game)) and it has decent graphics for me having to play on low on an 800*600 RES. But see my friend has it for the x360 and I went to his house and played it. My review, terrible graphics rofl horrible controls rofl oh and the fact that xbox live is filled with ********: Consoles are terrible, PC is better (more expensive though)

Agree?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:01 am
The argument you present in favor of the PC is seriously flawed giving that it is based on your gaming experience with just one game and dealing with only three aspects of console gaming.

Also you are presenting a subjective opinion as though it were a fact: "PC is better than console.", but when presenting a subjective opinion there is no right or wrong answer so it would probably be more appropriate to say "In my opinion PC is better than console." or "I think PC is better than console." or "I feel PC is better than console.".

In the end it is quite easy to point out pros and cons for each type of system so it's really just a matter of personal preference.

TL;DR: If you can't read a few paragraphs get off teh interwebz! razz  

Strideo
Crew

Azatos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:21 pm
Strideo
The argument you present in favor of the PC is seriously flawed giving that it is based on your gaming experience with just one game and dealing with only three aspects of console gaming.

Also you are presenting a subjective opinion as though it were a fact: "PC is better than console.", but when presenting a subjective opinion there is no right or wrong answer so it would probably be more appropriate to say "In my opinion PC is better than console." or "I think PC is better than console." or "I feel PC is better than console.".

In the end it is quite easy to point out pros and cons for each type of system so it's really just a matter of personal preference.

I know my argument is flawed, I just wanted to get it posted then. But pretty much every game I've played on a console was better for PC. Probably because I'm used to using a keyboard and a mouse all the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 am
Azatos
Strideo

I know my argument is flawed, I just wanted to get it posted then. But pretty much every game I've played on a console was better for PC. Probably because I'm used to using a keyboard and a mouse all the time.
I think a keyboard and mouse are definitely better for first person shooters. 3nodding  

Strideo
Crew

Roland_Jamison

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:16 am
Azatos
Well this is my reasoning, I have Left 4 Dead installed on my PC right now ((Great game)) and it has decent graphics for me having to play on low on an 800*600 RES. But see my friend has it for the x360 and I went to his house and played it. My review, terrible graphics rofl horrible controls rofl oh and the fact that xbox live is filled with ********: Consoles are terrible, PC is better (more expensive though)

Agree?
Welcome to the dark side of gaming. Soon, you too will be looking at RTSs and RPGs in a different light. In the dark side, we have better graphics for cheaper, and we have easier controls.
There are some things you can do in the dark side that other gamers may see as unnatural.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:10 am
you haven't really given enough reasoning.
You've compared one PC game to it's 360 incarnation.
It's true that the computer has for the most part much better graphics, it's a lot more customizable than consoles. But you're basing your decision on a single game, which means that you've closed you're mind to the fact that consoles aren't designed for the same things as PCs.

If you were to look at say, the top 5 games for each genre for each console, and then compared them with like games for teh PC and could conlcude that the PC was better through graphics, loading time, glitches, sound, and factored in the fact that the PC has (excluding the PS3) a much faster and stronger processor than consoles, and if you used the same screen for all four tests. You could create a very convincing case.
As it is, there are several things that you have to consider as well. the PC, doesn't do multiplayer except for turnbased, lan/wi-fi, or the extremely simple "wasd" "up, left, down, right"
That is a shortcoming of it that the Wii, 360, and PS3 don't have. while it's true that Xbox live is full of idiots, the same could be said of anything or anyplace in the world.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Zeta Daekonu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:15 pm
As far as graphics are concerned, what kind of TV was the 360 hooked up to and with what cables? Also, what kind of monitor do you have, CRT or LCD? Comparing a crappy TV to an LCD monitor isn't a fair comparison, so how can I believe your argument if this could be the case?

You mentioned that any game you've played on a console has been better on a PC keyboard. The use of "console" didn't sit well with me, because it includes the older systems like the Genesis and NES. I can almost guarantee you that fighters, Side scrollers (platformers, shoot em up, ect.), and top down adventure games will be harder and less playable on a keyboard. If they really are better to you on a keyboard, then hey, good for you. As it stands, it sounds like you're lumping all console gaming in the trash over a few experiences. That just bothers me...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:26 am
PC

PROS: Better support and updates, easier to mod the game, better customizability, generally better controls (especially for FPS'), generally better online

CONS: More expensive, generally smaller screen, having to always deal with whether or not the game will work or not on your computer by specs

CONSOLE

PROS: Simple controls, easy to learn, control pads work great for some games, better for parties with your real life friends, more noobs to pwn online, never have to worry about hardware specs

CONS: Harder to patch, less support from developers, lots of crappy games (but no one says you have to buy them!)

Oh, and your argument sucks. It screams over-generalization. A LOT.

If you want to flat out say which is better, I'd generally say PC. But that's over-generalization... A lot of games work better on consoles than on computers, and vice versa. And, well, I don't think I have to describe everything I listed out. PC and Console both have their charms. Which is why I hate it when people are like "console players suck lolol PC players are leet". (I see it everywhere)  

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items