Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
Resident Evil 5 Discussion ::MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS::

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Resident Evil?
  Resident Evil (Original or Directors Cut)
  Resident Evil GC Remake
  Resident Evil 2
  Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
  Resident Evil Code Veronica (X)
  Resident Evil 4
  Never played RE or unlisted
View Results

Zinigeist101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:32 pm
Just so you are aware, this is not a "zomfg i cant wait until this game is released!1!!1!11!" topic. This is for serious discussion about the game.

I have many thoughts about this game. My thoughts have come from recent RE5 trailers and RE: Degenteration.

:: CORPORATION AND VIRUS ::
I believe that the virus in Resident Evil 5 is a mix between the Las Plagas and the G-Virus. The reasons are: In Resident Evil: Degeneration, at the end of the movie, you see this new company named TriCell investigating the remains of the building that fell. They pick of one of G's claws and places it in a box. At the end of Resident Evil 4, Ada takes a sample of the Las Plagas virus and delivers it to Wesker. As for the company, TriCell's involvement, not only do they store G's claw in a case at the end of Degeneration, but if you watch the RE5 Play God trailer, their HQ (by the looks of it) is an area where you fight Wesker. Could Wesker be trying to revive Umbrella through TriCell?

:: JILL VALENTINE ::
Jill may be dead. She may not be. However I believe she may die at the end of the game. If you have played the RE5 demo on the XBox 360 (or upcoming PS3), play the "Shanty Town" level all the way through. Before you fight the chainsaw maniac, look at the wall by the truck. You will see a word (that starts with a P...I forgot the word itself) and below it with be:

30 -> 50 -------------------------------------- 4

The 3 in 30 is circled and the 4 that is all by its lonesome is circled. This could possibly mean that someone from RE3 will make an appearance in RE5 and was not in RE4. The only person I could think of would have to be Jill. Many people believe that the Bird Lady is Jill. I cannot say.

:: SHERRY BIRKIN? ::
In one of the trailers, you see a blonde girl open her eyes in some liquid. This could be Sherry Birkin. She has the G-Virus in her (which could be another reason that the G-Virus could be part of the infection going around in the game). Wesker could have taken samples of the G-Virus from her. She could also be the Bird Lady. She has never met Chris...only his sister and Leon. Wesker could have gotten Sherry on his side to kill Chris (you see them fighting in the Play God trailer).

However, Leon gave Claire Chris' whereabouts (or vice versa) earlier on in the timeline of Resident Evil. Could it be possible that Leon has told Chris about Sherry? They are both parts of Anti-Bioterrorism organizations. If you watch the trailer then when a container filled with liquid opens up, Chris has a semi-shocked face. Why would he be shocked to see Sherry when he never met her? Could Jill have dyed her hair blonde? (lol)

I have more...I know it. However I cannot think at the moment. X.x  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:45 pm
I think that it is very refreshing for the series that 4 and 5 don't have the normal zombies. What with 4 having worms, and 5, most obviously, possessing african zombies. Horror is after all making you do something, or go through something that you would otherwise find horribly unnerving/unpleasant.
I'm a little disappointed in some of the appearances first hand from the screenshots and some of the supposed map layouts. but I withhold judgement on the games map layouts until I actually try them.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

ladyyk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:13 pm
My classmate said Jill Valentine and Sherry Birkin are no longer human in this game. (SHE IS NOT SURE ABOUT THIS. THIS IS JUST A RUMOR)..and she also told me that they may be the antagonists in this game.

again, this is just a rumor she got from the internet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:32 pm
I read that somewhere too. But clearly Wesker will be the MAIN antagonist. You even fight him 3 times in the game.

I know this because someone hacked into the RE5 demo and he posted everything he discovered. Apparently Jill Valentine IS a boss twice (or so he believes...it's the bird lady)  

Zinigeist101

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff