Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
New Job...and believe me I am still alive...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done...
  ...on the people who are still alive
  and believe me I am still alive
  I'm doing science and I'm still alive
  T_T Oh companion cube...I miss you so!
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:57 am
So...since I've been updating the ATGMod contest, I'm sure most of you know that I am not dead or MIA. However, I have been largely absent from discussions and the Phunkeh thread. @_@ This is because last Thursday I started a new Temp job through Kelly Services at an insurance company. It's a very boring, hideously confusing cubicle type office job...but it pays fairly well and unless I got myself fired, I am assured this job for at least 1 year. It's from 8-4:30 during the week, so I have to get home early, and return home exhausted. Though I should be better once I adjust to the new routine. Mostly I've been playing Animal Crossing once I get home, as it's like a daily virtual vacation and wonderfully relaxing after a day of mindless tedium. The only thing I've been doing on Gaia is collecting my daily prizes, and making sure to keep up with the ATGMod contest because I know so many people are really excited about the outcome. Don't worry, there will be no delay in that contest 3nodding I'll make sure of it.

Anywhooo...for discussion, I'd say it's fairly clear. Anything that relates to the above cube o' text, and anything that has to do with jobs. From shitty but very much needed, to absolute dream jobs.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:58 pm
Congrats on the new job, although I'm sorry about the tedium. But a pay check is a pay check!

I'm about to go for another promotion. Not sure I'll get it as there is sure to be competition, but I'll try for it just the same. I want more money!

My dream job is still to be an actress, but reality says otherwise as I live in cruddy ol' New England. Sigh. Guess I'll just have to make due with community theater, lol.

Oh, and we miss you!  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-The-RapistV1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:19 pm
User Image
Aperture Science
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.

--------------------------------------------
I`M SELLING MY INVENTORY! WIN 150,000 GOLD CLICK HERE!
Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:58 pm
God-The-RapistV1
User Image
Aperture Science
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.

--------------------------------------------
I`M SELLING MY INVENTORY! WIN 150,000 GOLD CLICK HERE!
Art By: La Belle Isolde

But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the science gets done
and you make a neat gun
for the people who are still alive.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

TieselGirl09

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:17 pm
Congratulation's on the new Job Kyla!!!

x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:23 pm
blaugh Thanks for the kind words, and the continuation of the Portal references. xd

@Thal: Well...there's a movie studio in the works in Plymouth wink You never know!  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:03 pm
There's a new movie just out called Coraline, based on a book by Neil Gaiman. It was animated under Henry Selick (probably mis-spelled that), and animated by Laika Studios (formerly Will Vinton) here in Portland. How many shades of jealous am I of the animators? rolleyes Manymany. smile *sigh* I just want a steady, regular job at this point... :XP  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:48 am
I clean patient rooms. but it doesn't pay enough, so I need a second one. I've applied everywhere, but no ones looking for anyone with a college schedule like mine. crying  

Dark_Wish09

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:59 am
Congrats on the job! Money is very useful to have mrgreen and I'm sure you'll adjust to the new schedule in no time at all. smile
As for what sort of job would be my ideal?
Well, right now I think I'd like to be a waitress in a strip club. I have some friends that work in those sorts of clubs and they have extremely flexible schedules, the atmosphere is very relaxed, you don't need a lot of experience or a college degree to work there, and they make some darn good money. The only reason I haven't applied yet is because I'm not too comfortable wearing a leotard. But, I am trying to diet and work out...kinda. So...one day maybe I'll stop being unemployed xp  
zXzDark_HeartzXz generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 1!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:02 am
^_^  

zXzDark_HeartzXz

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas