For What Reason? ~UPDATED FIRST POST~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 pm
User Image

That we are. And such thing tend to happen. So I'll keep being a b***h, and you can keep being an a**. I don't mind that arrangement, not one bit.

Steph, sorry this is a late response to your post! I didn't mean what I said as "Well, I'm a parent and I'm not like that. /hoity toityness" type of thing. I meant it as in I was disgusted to hear that there are parents out there who can be so careless. And doing something like that would never cross my mind. It shouldn't be hard to find a garbage, and if it is... just take it with you and dispose of it at home.

That woman you talked to must be poor. I could understand if she was poor, but even then it seems like she's pissed off at spending so much money on her kids. That's what being a parent is. You spend on your kids, and if you have some left over you can get something for yourself.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:47 am
Um. Seriously. Kids are taught to mouth off their teachers and treat their teachers like shitbag idiots these days. Parents who insist that they know more than the teacher need to be shot in the reproductive organs just as much as teachers who insist they know more than parents need to have their accreditation revoked and criminal charges pressed so that they are never allowed to be with children that aren't related to them.

Kids need to be taught that NO ONE knows everything, that mom, dad, and teacher all are wrong sometimes, and that the adults can be ******** adults over it and communicate with each other if they have a bone to pick. Sorry parents, but YOU DON'T ******** KNOW MORE THAN THE TEACHER BY DEFAULT. Saying things like that makes you seem just as ignorant and arrogant as the teacher(s) with whom you obviously had bad experiences with in the past. Same deal with stupid teachers who think that a B.Ed. and a stick up their a** makes them qualified to blatantly call someone's parents morons... to the kid's face no less. And then throw the kid out of class for standing up for the parents.

Basically if yo0u're an adult who has authority over kids, you don't go around undermining the authority of other people who also deal with the same kids. Last I checked, the schools were teaching critical thinking skills, and kids are encouraged to ask questions if they think something isn't making sense to them. Every kid goes through the stage in about grade 1 or 2 where they think the teacher is always right and the parents are always wrong. It's some weird developmental thing. They get over it, unless the adults in their lives are total self-absorbed asshats who can't stand to have their authority challenged.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:55 am
Saverio C.
Oh no people are being rewarded for buying a product and they are getting items for themselves! They must be horrible people with hearts of evil and blackness. They will burn in hell for their vein behavior! We should call Jesus and start the ******** rapture.

They are rewarding the buyer for buying their product. That is how marketing works, and god damn it stop being so stuck up and let them live their god damned lives.

Hey, I don't care if some parents want to get s**t for themselves, but if GRM can't get anything for her kids through it then it's just stupid.

And speaking of parents teaching their kids crap, working at McDonald's has taught me a valuable lesson: parents are either very good at teaching their kids to be polite and clean up after themselves or they leave huge-a** messes because "It's okay, it's their job to clean it up" - which is total BS, it is my job to take orders in the drive-through and clean up messes in between orders (which sometimes isn't for hours). I hate coming out and finding half-chewed burgers that I have to clean up. It's disgusting, I don't care if I get paid to do it, I don't think it's fair for anyone to have to clean up someone else's half-eaten food and fries that have been mushed up by a two year old with more gums than teeth.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:20 am
User Image

Kal, if schools there are still teaching like they did when I was younger then that's awesome! But the schools here aren't. Basically all the teachers here are doing is giving the kids homework, and telling them NOT to question the teachers.

My sister-in-law had an interesting experience with her son's teacher. They were looking at the human anatomy in class, and the teacher said that the p***s was a "wee wee" and her son says "No, it's called a p***s." The teacher was so appalled she called up my sister-in-law at WORK and told her that her son had said p***s and was being punished for it and that she, sister-in-law, should correct his language. Of course my sister-in-law layed right into her for that and flat out said that if he ever got in trouble for being right again she was going to make sure that she was fired for being so horrible at her job.

Basically ever since the teachers went on strike way back in '97, I believe the year might be wrong, they've become lazy asswads who don't want to actually teach anymore. This is why I WANT to become a teacher, so i can really TEACH the kids!

Edit: Belle, I hate seeing people who don't clean up after themselves. I quite loudly say, "I'm glad I'm not one of those people who go to other people's place of work and leave it looking like a pig stye." It's not hard to throw out your garbage.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:38 pm
Yeah see that teacher is an asshat. It's not like the kid referred to it as a porksword, c**k, d**k, or c**t stabber. He used the correct anatomical term. p***s is not a dirty word any more than buttocks or vulva. The teacher is obviously horribly embarrassed about penii.

Thanks for not taking my rant personally, by the way.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:44 pm
I didn't think you were trying to be hoity toity or anything, GRM. I just didn't want you to think that just because some parents are wastes of space, I automatically think they all are. I have trouble editing my thoughts so that they're not inflammatory, so I didn't want you to think that my bitching about one person was applicable to all parents. I can be awfully insensitive sometimes, so I was just trying to be sure that I didn't come off that way. sweatdrop
Anyway, I can appreciate how hard it is to deal with kids, and I'm not trying to be patronizing when I say that it's not something I could see myself handling well. But seriously, you can't walk four steps over to the trashcan with that? Nobody wants to handle s**t, but as a parent it's pretty much an obligation until you can get your kids to quit shitting themselves. confused
Regarding your update, that sounds to me like a nice, politically correct way of saying, "it makes us more money and you're like the only one with a problem. STFU." I don't know what you can do other than try to petition Pampers to get their heads out of their asses.
Kals, when it comes to kids, parents should be the ultimate authority for their kids, whether or not they're correct or intelligent. I'm not saying that I love the idea of ******** breeding more nincompoops, but as a parent, no one should have more say than you in your kid's education. That's really what I meant to communicate before. I don't completely disagree with you, but whether mom and dad actually know what they're talking about, they should be a kid's first reference when they need to know something. That's what parents are for.
Also, schools are not teaching critical thinking skill anymore. They've moved to simplifying ridiculopusly easy material into test answers. There are very few schools that actually encourage kids to think anymore beyond recalling and regurgitating basic information.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

XX_GOLDz_XX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:44 pm
wahmbulance
wahmbulance
wahmbulance
wahmbulance
wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:56 pm
ianix_peek009
wahmbulance
wahmbulance
wahmbulance
wahmbulance
wahmbulance
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

So, in other words, you have absolutely nothing to contribute to this conversation stare

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash