Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Aquariums

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OneSilentRose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:22 pm
Alright, so I got it from someone while playing Jigsaw that maintaining an aquarium is a good way to obtain items to sell and make money. The only problem is: my aquarium is filthy and I have no idea of how to clean it up. Can anyone help me?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:45 pm
The creepy phonogragh was a halloweeen item. It enables you to play the song calm water which will turn you fish to skeletons (just for appearence). Change the song and voila...a clean aquarium.
Moving to the Q&A forum  

Sharkworld

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100

elyzia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm
I'm sure the info provided by the above poster is totally valid 3nodding

However, I thought I'd just add some basic info on taking care of your Aquarium --

Generally, your aquarium will look like a dirty mess if you've neglected it for a while. If you visit it daily, or just a few days per week, feed your fish, change the music, & press the "save" button, you should be fine.

Be sure to visit your Aquarium daily for daily rewards from the "overseer" [that would be the shining clam thing].

For further info, you might want to check out these guides:
Wet N' Wild - A Guide to Aquarium
Fish Lab - A fish happiness guide  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 pm
0_o

It is worth noting that you can completely ignore your tank and it will NEVER get dirty. The hot/cold temperatures change the color of the tank somewhat, but dirt does not get produced. It follows that the tank will never be cleaned, because there is no need to do so, nor is there anything that has that function (unless you count the licking starfish).

However, tank health will go down if you ignore it, so there is an effect.

Does it still look dirty to you? Change the temperature to Moderate. That should clear things up.  

Avzel

MaetharanelTeleunya

Wealthy Partier

9,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:18 am
Sharkworld
The creepy phonogragh was a halloweeen item. It enables you to play the song calm water which will turn you fish to skeletons (just for appearence). Change the song and voila...a clean aquarium.
Moving to the Q&A forum

and how do you change the fish back to fish afterwards?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:24 am
Changing the music should restore the fish. Just don't ever play Calm Water.  

georgecat

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff