Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "WYH" What's Your Hobby?
Anyone else like to learn other langauges as their hobby?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ms Jenna_ Lee

3,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:19 am
Well since i wanna be a languist i love learning other langauges such as german(since im german anyways)x3 japanese cause i love their culture and langauge spanish cause its the second langauge of the us i believe and chinese cause its a pretty interesting langauge so far biggrin )but anyways i was just wondering if anyone else had that same hobby x3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 am
Sure! I would love to learn other languages. Mainly so I can listen in on conversations and play those Japanese/Chinese games I weren't able to play before..

Plus.. I really like how the Japanese speak.

But yeah! ninja  

EclipseMoon

Ciokon

Blessed Capitalist

9,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:05 am
Yup, learning a different language is a lot of fun!
I speak mostly Asian languages like Chinese and Japanese, so I want to start learning more European language such as German or Italian.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:58 pm
yeah Russian evil pain in the a**  

Bloodycraving

Xeigrich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 pm
I love learning language, even if I never learn enough to hold my own in small talk. In fact, I'll see your "learn languages" and wager my "create languages."

For me, it's even more fun to work out the kinks in a constructed language than try to bend my mind to the will of an existing language. There's something so satisfying about expressing yourself in a language that perfectly fits the way you think, even if you're the only person in the room crazy enough to speak a made-up language. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:03 pm
Bloodycraving
yeah Russian evil pain in the a**

Can't blame you!
I begun doing Russian before but at the moment I'm changing to hrvatski (Croatian) since I found out my great-grandfather is Croatian. I promised myself that once I finish Croatian (which seems to me entirely impossible) I'll go back to doing Russian afterwards.
I wish I could speak and understand all Slavic languages with just a click of the finger but things just don't work like that =P . Languages are never easy to take up (I don't know if that applies to all of you guys), even when they say 'Oh, [insert language here] is one of the easiest languages you can ever learn'... I envy those who can speak more than one language, particularly those who know 3 or more!
Well, I'm actually not taking lessons but I'm learning from a book, so I guess that's a reason why its pretty hard...  

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:05 pm
Xeigrich
I love learning language, even if I never learn enough to hold my own in small talk. In fact, I'll see your "learn languages" and wager my "create languages."

For me, it's even more fun to work out the kinks in a constructed language than try to bend my mind to the will of an existing language. There's something so satisfying about expressing yourself in a language that perfectly fits the way you think, even if you're the only person in the room crazy enough to speak a made-up language. xd

Me and my friend tried making up our own language, it was pretty crazy because the words were silly!  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:37 pm
Anastasia IX

I envy those who can speak more than one language, particularly those who know 3 or more!

Then u r so going to be jealous of my cousin; he knows spanish, german, and a little english...and he's only 4 years old!!

I'm currently re-learning spanish...see, when i was 4 or 5, my school put me in a class to learn english because my first language was spanish. I was done with that class after several months, but i forgot almost all of my spanish!! The best part about re-learning my native language is that now, i can understand most of what my parents are saying when they talk to other people blaugh
Another language i want to learn is japanese, but so far, i know VERY little. sweatdrop  

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nilly Tsegrah

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:25 am
I'm learning sign language and I adore my teacher, she's the most awesome lady I know. My state doesn't consider sign language an actual language - dumb, isn't it? rolleyes - so if I want to apply my current two years of taking it as a considered-foreign language, I have to go to an out of state school.

I really wanted to learn German, as well; my school was going to have it as a teleconference class from a nearby college, but despite the initial poll of 70 students wanting to take the class, only 10 have said they'd sign up. Me included. And that's only a guesstimate. D= I tried to learn Spanish but I almost failed because it was so boring.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:46 pm
i speak chinese english spanish i plan on german latin sign and dutch  

loganep

yuki_whiteblack

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:46 am
hey learning korean languages is my hobby.. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:59 pm
i knows 5 languages but f that job cause you can like go to bable fish and translate stuff then you can dl this translater thing like that heres vocies with a mike and then tells you waht they said but in the language you know. its also alot cheaper(FREEEEEE) then hireing someguy. (i knows German, Russian, Japanese, English, Spanish(they painted my house lol), and im learning dutch(look at all those delishous spellin mistakes))  

Addamondes

Kiki Traum

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:39 am
Totally! I was in a Latin class for two years and I was hooked! I especially love learning new words and culture.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:05 pm
well i used to but when it came time to learn the new tenses my love for learning french died but now i wanna learn russian cuz its an interesting language n im a huge part russian and no one speaks it at all  

Drumgasmic Monkeyguy

Morrigan Wynn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:53 pm
Personally, the three main languages I would love to learn:

Sign Language: I've always been fascinated with it, and I'm not quite sure why.

Japanese: ^^ My father was in the military so I was born in Japan. I would like to return there one day just to see where I live and to witness the culture. Plus, it would be awesome to finally understand the music I've been listening to for quite a few years now.

Tagalog: It's my mother's native language from the Philippines. It's unfortunate she didn't teach me her language when I was younger so I could be fluent in both English and Tagalog, but I can always try picking it up later. (For now, medical terminology is kicking my butt xD )

"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games