Reply Community Lounge
Ever wonder why they never bring the super popular japan tit

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

th_cuteness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:12 pm
Ever wonder why they never bring the super popular japan title games to the states? Im just curious there some japanese games I love to play like some of there dating sims for girls but I cant find any of those and why arent there Haruhi Suzumiya games on the shelve I think that bring big money. Does anyone have a clue?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:24 pm
I don't wonder about things like that because the answer is pretty obvious >.>

What sells here is different than what sells in Japan. The kind of games that you've listed are things that wouldn't be worth the cost and effort to bring onto the shelves here. That doesn't mean you can't play them, of course. You'd just have to import them and learn Japanese is all >.>

invisible-weirdo

Izumi Iris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:45 pm
Its always about money, though if you go to someplace, say the internet, you may find translated dating sims. Its just frustrating to look blindly.

Go Jlist ^^ You'd just need a dictionary to play if you don't know Japanese.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:12 pm
Studio Markets  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Phaeton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:52 pm
Different demographics and standards. It's just that simple. There are some products made here in America that aren't sold here.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:12 pm
Wow that title had me confused...

And, yeah, different cultures = different products...  

124-C

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 pm
User Image
I`m pretty sure that one of the highest selling games of all time from Japan came to North America. So I have no idea what it is you`re trying to get across here.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:39 am
User Image

I thought Mario and Donkey Kong were made in Japan and came over here. Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy everything.... Zelda, Pokemon, any Metal Gear game. All for japan and then came here. There are probably s**t loads more too.

In conclusion: You're on crack.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:44 pm
Like everyone else has said, Western cultures have different taste in entertainment than Eastern ones. If they released the stuff that sells in Japan over here, it would be, "Holy culture shock, Batman!" Japanese culture is very strange for those who are unassociated with it.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games