Oh bananas. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 pm
Gotta spend the paper money before it becomes less useful than recycled toilet paper.

T.T  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 am
badazzgrlo
God-Raped-Me
User Image

I prefer cash. It's still nice and fast, and I never spend the change. So eventually I wind up having $50 in change that I don't calculate into my budget. It's like having extra money. Lately we use debit though.

Nova, you aren't with CIBC are you?
User Image

Lol, I do that too! Only I count the change into my budget so I can know EXACTLY how much money I have.

so yeah.

User Image

No no, I was saying I don't count the change. I only spend the bills, and put the change into a change dish. So later on when I count all the change it's like extra money, because we don't count the change we have as "our money" it becomes spending money.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 am
This conversation made me deja vu, though I can't remember when the memory was or what it was about...

Anyway, I use checks for rent and debit for day-to-day expenses. Sometimes I use cash, but I try to avoid it because there are a lot of thefts in my area (I've gone my whole life without getting mugged, so I'm trying to keep a theme going here.) I've never had my card or checkbook stolen, but my mom had her credit card info stolen... they charged up like $300 at McDonalds'. I never knew they had $300 worth of food in those stores...
The only food I buy at the grocery is those pack lunches that I can take to work with me. Mostly, I buy drinks in glass bottles that I can reuse, and snack food like M&Ms or pickles that I can use to accessorize my pack lunches.
And, uh, I keep a cup from Vegas in my bedroom, which I drop change into whenever I remember to empty my wallet... Sometimes I count it out from boredom, but the master plan is not to use the money until I've filled the cup. It's almost full, though. Steph will have a shopping trip soon. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:15 pm
fun fact: the debit card was first introduced in 1986. ^^ woots.

and yeah that sucks bigtime, especially if you don't have much food in the house or need to still buy some things that are necessary. BUT ...i guess it would give you an opportunity to save money, since..y'know... you can't. yay!
[/weak silver-lining] sweatdrop

having that issue sucks though... but for me.. it wouldn't be so bad since my mom works at my bank, and it's not far anyway. 3nodding even if i was in your shoes... i try my hardest not to spend money often anyway (since we've really got to do some financial digging for reasons i won't say gonk ) ...iunno.
just try to make a budget and pick up the amount you'll need for the week (and a bit extra just incase) ...and keep trying to remember it won't be long. smile

y'know.. i can't figure out if anything i just said is actually relevant to this... O_o  

~DR.MOOFASA~

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 pm
User Image

Aww poor Liz, of course what you said was relevant. I think almost anything about banks and/or money and/or cards is relevant.

I didn't know what year the debit card was introduced was. How do you people remember these things?! That was the year I was born! whee
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:29 am
Wow, I didn't know debit cards are so new. I figured early '80's, late '70's...
Also, I just filled my fridge up for the first time since I got it! Wooot!  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Dark_Wish09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:31 am
I pay with money. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:32 am
My husband always pays with a credit card unless we're someplace that doesn't accept credit cards... in which case I usually have to pay for it because I'm the one that has cash on me. I always keep some cash on me (usually $40 or less), or try to (sometimes I forget my wallet).

I think my husband only uses debit to get cash from an ATM and for buying things when a store doesn't accept credit and I don't have enough cash to pay. We only use checks to pay bills and rent and make donations.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas