Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] A Rusty Start ( Cada + Oxiin ) -complete- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X Purple--Platypus X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 am
Inge's careful efforts to avoid getting too wet were wasted as the child bombed the surface, thrashing around with enjoyment and throwing water up into the air and all over Inge. He couldn't bring himself to be annoyed with the kid, he was only having a laugh, but a niggling irritation got at him when he realised that it would be made blatantly obvious now to his father that he'd been at the pools and the coin used as a donation, although small in value, would probably be complained about by him; Jeremiah could be such a skin flint with money.. But as previously stated Inge could hardly be angry at the boy as he recited how his father used to chase him for baths and Inge chuckled at the thought of it. He evidently hadn't had a father, growing up in an orphanage and it was amusing trying to picture Jeremiah in the situation Cadaver was sharing with him.

Rather than enjoying the water in the crazed splashing fashion like Cadaver Inge chose to wade in the shallows, looking down at his feet through the crystal clear water. The floor of the pool was covered in a thin layer of sand that reminded Inge of the beach rather than a secluded forest glade. Occasionally flashes of silver would pass his toes - there were small fish here, not large enough to catch but they were rather cute..

"Sea sickness?" Inge smiled at the question. "At first.. Yes I did feel queasy but after living on a boat for a long time you seem to gain immunity to that. In fact, sometimes when I'm on land I miss the rock of the boat so much I suppose you could say I get land sick!" He paused and looked at the boy. "Why do you ask? Do you get sea sick?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:04 pm
Cada slowed his splashing dedicating his attention to the small silver fish in the pool. He tried catching them but they swam out of the way fast ducking through his legs and to safety. He giggled looking to Inge as the teen answered his curious questions.

"I've never been out to sea so I don't know." He offered as a reply. "Papa is a land hermit for sure, but I wanted to see other parts of the world too. We go fishing ever so often but it's nothing like fishing on a boat like the fishermen do. I want to see all the fish out there." Seeing all the types of sea creatures that fishermen caught and sold on the market he knew there was a whole other world to explore out there. What was it really like?

"I'll just have to grow up and get my own boat then I can go and explore the sea." Cada's logic was simple. He smiled trying for another little fish, alas, he was still to slow. "But I want to be like papa and help people get better when thy are sick."

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

X Purple--Platypus X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Cadaver's aspirations were adorably sweet. Exploring the big blue ocean on a boat of his own~ It sounded like something out of a child's story that should be told at bedtime. Of course the boy's desire to be like his father was also cute. "You'd like to be a doctor like your father? That's a pretty touch job. Are you sure you're up to it? You'll have to do quite a lot of studying" Although Inge was no expert on the qualifications of a doctor he was sure that you needed a fair deal of training and such - after all, it was a job where you could hold people's lives in your hands. But so as not to make the boy fret about the difficulty and ruin his plans he smiled and said; "But luckily enough for you, your father is a doctor and can start helping you to learn! So already you're ahead of the game!"

Again he laughed when he saw Cadaver's feeble attempt at catching fish. Maybe he could teach the kid something? Wading over to where Cadaver stood he motioned for the boy to be still. He crouched low to the water and watched the flickers of silver under the surface. Yes, they were a lot smaller than the fish he was used to catching.. But surely the same tactic would work, it's just have to be applied on a smaller scale. Nodding to himself Inge dipped his hands into the water.

Instantly the fish scatted, just as they had when Cadaver had made a grab at them. However, rather than withdrawing his hands he let them hang in the water, unmoving and causing minimal ripples. Sure enough the fish slowly returned till they also hung in the water, practically unaware of Inge's hands in their midst. He cocked his head to wink at Cadaver - pleased that the trick had worked. Then quick as a flash he closed a hand around one of the tiny silver slithers and pulled it out of the water. (The technique was like putting out the nets to catch fish at sea, they'd practically be unaware of the nets presence until they were drawn in!)

"Years of practice makes perfect." He exclaimed, holding out his hand. Cupping in his palm was the fish, wiggling away and glinting in the dappled sunlight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:03 pm
It was a task easier said then done but Cada didn't mind the advice so much. He knew it would take years of studying before he could understand the medical field like his father but he had to try. For now he settled himself in learning the different herbs they used to make medicine. He begged to go every time; though he often got side tracked by various rodents and critters in the forest. Still he was a fairly bright child.

Watching Inge, Cadaver smiled, he'd never seen anyone catch a fish like that so easily. "Ooh.." Moving forward he smiled and gave the fish a quick petting with the tip of his finger mindful to be careful. "It's so pretty!" They all were and he watched them as they flickered under the light of the forests.

"Cada!" The faint calling of his name caught his ears as he perked up. "Oh that's papa." He pouted looking to Inge as he slipped from the pool. "I guess I should go..." Though he didn't want to, he also didn't want to be a burden to the teen who had been so nice to him. "Can we play again some time?" He asked, pulling on his hoody he grabbed the basket of herbs smiling at the teen in the pool.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

X Purple--Platypus X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 am
The fish wiggled in Inge's palm as Cadaver touched it, it's tiny mouth was already gasping for breath and Inge uncupped his hands dropping the slither of silver back into the water. The plop of it entering the water caused ripples that disturbed the other fish, but after recovering from being taken from the water the fish that Inge had held flicked it's tail and darted off to join them, apparently no worse for wear after it's capture. Inge smiled, fish were generally quite hardy little critters, he could see how cleverly designed they were. Every single one of them a gift of the gods to man to fill the seas with shimmering shoals. "Pretty indeed. If you want to see more fish, maybe you'll see me and my father at the market when you go to find the meaning of your dream?" He chuckled and tapped his nose, "you'll find your way to us by the fishy scent."

"Cada!"

Inge cocked his head, listening to the call. Obviously Cadaver's father was looking for him. He smiled warmly at the boy as he gathered his stuff. "It was nice to have met you." And he was sincerly telling the truth. Despite the fact the boy must've been at least five or six years younger than him, their conversation had been interesting and the time spent with him worthwhile - better than wandering aimlessly round the wooded paths at the very least..

He raised a hand and waved as Cadaver put on his hoody to leave. "Bye Cadaver. Try and find us at the market.. Then maybe we can play again? I could show you my father's boat?" He grinned and added; "And remember, if your pa asks why you're wet. You can't blame it on me!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:06 pm
Cada gave a wide grin, waving as he darted off out of the forest toward the sound of his father. He stopped mid stride turning to cup his hands around his mouth. "I won't blame you! I promise but in exchange you have to take me on your boat!" He called excitedly. "You said so yourself..." He giggled turning at the sound of his name again then waved and hurried off. All in all today had been a nice day. Maybe he'd go to see Inge at the market after all.

[ end ]

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers