Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] - - - flickering candle - [[ama&kano]] - complete! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:49 am
Feeling the warmth of the other dust near him, Krinn instinctively drew closer as the illusions shifted once more, watching them with a bit of curiosity as they passed through. By now he was at ease with the oddities of it all, but it was still intriguing. As the warmth of the air died out, Krinn found himself drawn in to the heat of Hymn, and carefully marked his steps as they stepped away into the dying sunlight. The replicated city appeared, and he walked along, listening to the hum of Hymns voice as he controlled his thoughts and organized them, eyes watching the ground carefully. He was slightly jealous of the older one, and all of his knowledge. All of the places he'd seen, all of the people he might have met. It was a curious idea to consider - just how much Hymn knew. Krinn narrowed his eyes, finding a determination starting to grow in his gut to catch up with the other as fast as he could. But it would take time, and patience. Patience that was starting to grow thin. Looking up as the beach appeared in front of them, Krinn sucked in a breath, the sunset dying on the edge of the white tipped waves.

Night pushed its way in hungrily, moonlight spilling like fresh paint over the backdrop set out before them. Feeling sand shift underneath his bare feet, Krinn smiled contently, his thoughts drifting as he dug his toes in for a moment and then walked forward a bit. He had always enjoyed beaches - though he hadn't been to many. Lan had promised to take him to more some day. Oh, that was right. Lan. Krinn glanced up at the moon and his eyes softened a bit.
He must be worried. Krinn thought to himself, simply imagining the panicked look on the acrobats face. The little things he would be mumbling to himself as he searched and re-searched the hotel room for clues. Part of Krinn felt guilty, while the other part was laughing. His guardian was always so funny, after all. When Hymn spoke up, Krinn broke from his thoughts and glanced over. "Mm, shallows? Sounds good enough to me." He said, a hint of confidence in his voice. He was going to do this right - he would, he had to.

Thrumming a low note in the back of his mouth, Krinn slipped towards the waters edge, and let the waves play with his feet a bit. As the sand shifted under him in the water, Krinn took a few steps out until he was ankle deep and the moonlight was spilling over the front of his body and the crest of waves on the edge of the horizon. Closing his eyes, the dust let go of everything else. He forgot that Hymn was behind him, he left thoughts of Lan back in his heart, shut off the concerns for the future and reflections of the past. The only thing that mattered now was walking on the water. Walking, walking, walking....

Taking another breath, Krinn moved forward, and found something solid-like beneath his feet. Not daring to open his eyes just yet, Krinn moved forward a few more steps before dual colored eyes opened and he glanced down. His feet were on the surface of the water, the shallows reflecting beneath. A brightly colored shell made itself known, and a few glimpses of silver lined fish could be spotted darting for more cover. Refusing to think about anything else, Krinn concentrated before moving. He simply thought of the waves, of his need to be able to walk on them. With a few more sparks of confidence, he twirled around a few more times, leaning on one foot and then to the other, standing on his toes and then falling back a bit. Stilling for a second, he opened his eyes - when had he closed them? - and glanced over at Hymn.

The moons colors complimented the other, and without his helmet, he looked far more of a stranger then ever before. But it was alright. Krinn had time to get used to it. A smile tugged at his lips for a moment, and he inched a few steps forward, though kept his concentration as best he could on staying up in the shallows.
"Is this on my own?" He asked out of curiosity, dual eyes not looking at Hymn but instead down at his feet as he kept in place, the gentle sway of the tide humming beneath the dusts toes. "Or are you helping me to stand?" Krinn tilted his head back for a moment to watch the starry night unfold, the water beneath him reflecting the colors of the clear sky.

Curious, and curiouser, as Lan would have said.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:48 am
Hymn watched after Krinn curiously using none of his remaining power to help the other as he walked and stepping into the shallows himself he felt the water bury his feet in the shifting sand. A smile perched on his lips as he looked out into the dark and cloudy horizon. His mind veered into wondering what people would think if they could see Krinn at the moment. For the first time in a very long time Hymn's hand unclipped his hair and let it fly free in the evening air as the wind turned around him. He was just interested in nature but feeling his body relax he slouched slightly keeping an eye on his curious friend.

When Krinn spoke up Hymn smiled,"My friend your doing it all yourself, but let me warn you. How about we try and go deeper into the water. We know I can trace with my song and create illusions with it. However I seem to have forgotten my last ability. Hmm what a bother." The dust frowned and pulled up his pants looking at the dust. The water was still tonight which was a nice practice ground for him.

Humming low Hymn opened his mouth and broke the illusion around him. Krinn remained standing on the water but the beach was empty. The town now glowed with the night life and a few individuals walked by giving the dust a curious eye. "Now you must continue to walk with all these distractions, remember however that you cannot venture out anymore, not just yet."

This was the next step for the both of them. Hymn had never seen a dust use their skills even this publically.

Kanove

xx - SHARKattack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:56 am
Turning back to Hymn, Krinn watched the other for a moment, the water washing over his feet and salty sea breeze brushing against his head. His half lidded eyes gazed at the other in a curious manner for a moment before he looked up, recognizing the familiar sound of.... others. His eyes widened slightly, barely remembering to listen to Hymn as he spoke but catching the words in his mind faintly. Looking back at the town the seemed to glow with its own light, Krinn studied Hymn for a moment before turning fully to him and putting one hand on his hip. "Dont worry, I think I can do it." He said eagerly, flashing a thumbs up to the other with a smile before turning and closing his eyes, a breath falling across his lips. The town was alive with lights, and people. He could hear the buzz of distant chatter, the soft melody of music, the restaurants and the bars opening their doors. It was all a distraction, just like the gulls falling against the wind.

Another deep breath.

Krinn opened his eyes and took a step forward, then another. Feeling himself slide through the surface on the second step, Krinn yelped and pulled back and then took a deep breath, another one to focus himself.
Concentrate. He didn't want to hear what others were saying, he didn't need to listen to the music of the town. The only thing he wanted to do was walk on the waters edge. Three steps forward. Krinn experimented by turning and balanced on his feet, watching the lights dazzle the water like fireworks. "Hows this?" He asked Hymn from his place amongst the clear liquid. He smiled as he walked a few more steps, finding that falling through the surface was getting harder and harder to do as he concentrated more and more. He watched the curious eye of others, but it didn't bother him much. Lan received such glances every time he walked out of his apartment. Krinn could live with what Lan did every day. Looking up, he spotted Hymn and his eyes softened a bit. Hymn had done so much for him... And Krinn was still learning everything he could.

Stepping forward a bit so Hymn could see him clearly, Krinn smiled, both arms by his side.
"Thank you, for everything, Hymn..." He said, dipping his head a bit. "You've taught me a lot, and even more then that, you've been a great friend. I couldn't ask for much more." He paused, wondering why he was suddenly saying this. "So I guess I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me. I'm really glad I met you." Smiling fully, he took a few more steps forward and bowed to the other like Lan had taught him. A court jester on the water. A magician in the sea. And then he heard a familiar voice and turned his head to the side.

Lan stood near the beach, hands on his hips, a defiant look on his face. He could hear the faint "Krinn, what the bloody hell do you think you're doing? Are you on water?!" But could only smile and laugh a bit. Lan was here... It meant it was time to go. But that was okay. There was always next time... Or something of the like.
Alright, but one last thing. Krinn thought with a grin and readied himself, concentrating fully on his feet. And then he dashed forward and almost slid through a couple of times before landing on the sand and grasping Hymn into a light hug. There was a stain of red on his face, but when he let go, he could only smile. "I cant say goodbye, because I know we'll meet again." Krinn chided, waving a hand. "So I guess I'll just say until next time, yeah Hymn?" He grinned and backed up a step and then began to lightly jog for where Lan was irritably stomping his foot. A smile was on his face as he waved goodbye to Hymn.

Yeah.... Until next time.

Fin.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas